Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mt. Davis to be covered during 2013 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Anyone buying the Raiders would be stupid to change the name, the logo or the colors. It's a very marketable product.

Doesn't mean it can't happen. I think that's what JWB is getting at. I don't think it would either and I also think it would be stupid....but it still could possibly happen.

Yeah, i guess there's a chance. From a business standpoint, it wouldn't make sense though. If you're buying the Raiders franchise, you probably should keep the only thing it has going for it. Otherwise, you'd be better off waiting for an expansion.

I'd totally agree with you, but possible future owners may not. They may say "move the team to LA and start anew". Like the Oilers when they became the Titans.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Anyone buying the Raiders would be stupid to change the name, the logo or the colors. It's a very marketable product.

Doesn't mean it can't happen. I think that's what JWB is getting at. I don't think it would either and I also think it would be stupid....but it still could possibly happen.

Yeah, i guess there's a chance. From a business standpoint, it wouldn't make sense though. If you're buying the Raiders franchise, you probably should keep the only thing it has going for it. Otherwise, you'd be better off waiting for an expansion.

I'd totally agree with you, but possible future owners may not. They may say "move the team to LA and start anew". Like the Oilers when they became the Titans.

There are more Raider fans in Southern California then Chargers fans. No chance they do that.

EDIT: Little chance. But very unlikely. Nothing to worry about.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

There are more Raider fans in Southern California then Chargers fans. No chance they do that.

Highly doubt anything like this would happen. We are one of the original AFL teams and have so much history. One of the more recognizable brands in sports worldwide.

Sig by me PM for one
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

That's all I'm saying. Possible, but highly unlikely.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdUbs14 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Highly doubt anything like this would happen. We are one of the original AFL teams and have so much history. One of the more recognizable brands in sports worldwide.

Kinda like the Houston Oilers were one of the original AFL teams?

Kinda like the Cleveland Browns had arguably the most history in the league?

Don't be like Darkness, never say never. The Raiders are in terrible financial shape.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Don't be like Darkness, never say never. The Raiders are in terrible financial shape.

Those teams didn't change owner. They never won a SB. They didn't have a highly marketable name and image.
They changed everything about their image because their owner decided to relocate and felt they had to erase anything related to the former city.
The raiders logo is copied by a ton of streetwear brands nowadays. I never saw an Oiler or Brown look alike though. The Raiders products are worn all over the world by people who don't even know which sport they play. You don't get rid of that. It'd be like buying coca cola and changing the name and the packaging.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Those teams didn't change owner. They never won a SB. They didn't have a highly marketable name and image.
They changed everything about their image because their owner decided to relocate and felt they had to erase anything related to the former city.
The raiders logo is copied by a ton of streetwear brands nowadays. I never saw an Oiler or Brown look alike though. The Raiders products are worn all over the world by people who don't even know which sport they play. You don't get rid of that. It'd be like buying coca cola and changing the name and the packaging.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

What's with this brand talk? What investor has ever bought a professional sports team because of a logo? Tickets tickets tickets drive the revenue. Even jersey sales are shared amongst owners no matter what the sales figures by team jersey. Why would merchandise be any different?

And the Browns are extremely rich in history. They won several championships before the Super Bowl became the championship game name. They were around since the 1940s.

Al Davis is gone people, this team is not untouchable like we all want to believe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:

What's with this brand talk? What investor has ever bought a professional sports team because of a logo? Tickets tickets tickets drive the revenue. Even jersey sales are shared amongst owners no matter what the sales figures by team jersey. Why would merchandise be any different?

You don't sound like an idiot, this makes sense but teams aren't sharing their total revenue, they compensate for those making less. I don't know where mechandise sales stand in all that but whether it stays with the team or goes into the NFL pool, no one would want to lose a good selling brand. And i think team owners need to get approval from the rest of the NFL for all major issues involving their team.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

And the Browns are extremely rich in history. They won several championships before the Super Bowl became the championship game name. They were around since the 1940s.

Al Davis is gone people, this team is not untouchable like we all want to believe.

It's the whole stamp and image of the Raiders, the culture, the Silver & Black. I can see where you are coming from but as far as ticket revenue the only thing that matters is WINS. Wins brining fans to the games not a new team name.

Sig by me PM for one
Comit2Xcelence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the renovations going on in Alameda. My guess is you are all wrong. The raiders are making money. Idk for a fact. But between my raise and renewal, All the new film equipment and brand new practice and weight training stuff that is coming in now my guess is the raiders are in decent shape fiscally. They are hiring outside "consultants" (for lack of a better word) to come in an improve the training/injury recovery programs.

I haven't been posting here because of work but after reading all this crap I figured I'd share some light.

Also if the raiders do get sold. I can say without a doubt there will be wording in the contract of sale that the name, logo and colors will not change. That is something Mark will not allow yo happen. And anyone wanting to change that is crazy. The shield is the most recognizable sports logo in the country. Maybe the world. Our apparel sales (even with all the unlicensed crap in circulation) is top of of sports teams in the US. I believe #4.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comit2Xcelence wrote:
With all the renovations going on in Alameda. My guess is you are all wrong. The raiders are making money. Idk for a fact. But between my raise and renewal, All the new film equipment and brand new practice and weight training stuff that is coming in now my guess is the raiders are in decent shape fiscally. They are hiring outside "consultants" (for lack of a better word) to come in an improve the training/injury recovery programs.

I haven't been posting here because of work but after reading all this crap I figured I'd share some light.

Also if the raiders do get sold. I can say without a doubt there will be wording in the contract of sale that the name, logo and colors will not change. That is something Mark will not allow yo happen. And anyone wanting to change that is crazy. The shield is the most recognizable sports logo in the country. Maybe the world. Our apparel sales (even with all the unlicensed crap in circulation) is top of of sports teams in the US. I believe #4.

I want to work for the Raiders Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: