Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you feel is our greatest defensive need?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

We need a new __________:
Cornerback
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Safety (Free or Strong)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Defensive Tackle
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
Defensive End
46%
 46%  [ 18 ]
Inside Linebacker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Outside Linebacker (including a pass rushing one)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Shaggy will play much better this upcoming year after having a year out with injury. He still wasnt even fully ready to go at years start. A full offseason will do him good and we can get him much cheaper now. He will be an excellent backup at worst.
oak42069

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
DE by far if you say other wise then I might wanna ask you to watch all 16 games and look at the pass rush or lack of pass rush. Matt Shaughnessy couldn't even take advantage of a undrafted LT in Mike Harris. Matt Shaughnessy plays a position that he doesn't fit at. He belongs at LDE but problem is Houston is better and that's the position he plays.

Losing Seymour for sure and possibly Kelly. But I look at that by addition by subtraction lets not pretend these guys were all about gap control and staying in there lanes. Oakland is better off with out these two guys in the middle run defense looked better this years 18th in run defense. Raiders have two nice young DT's in D.Bryant and C.Bilukidi that play within the system. Bryant is a FA but I feel like we have a good shot at signing him to a deal.

Lack of pass rush is this teams biggest problem on D. 25 sacks last year what a joke.

Because of great coaching everybody on the D-line took a big step backwards this year.

Or it could have been age..or people overrating our D-Line talent...

Matt Shaughnessy improved every year until he got injured.
This year he came back healthy and took a big step backwards. How can that be anything but coaching.
I forgot his name but the Dline coach came from the Giants and is regarded as one of the best Dline coaches in the NFL and the Raiders Fired him.

Damn good thought, i didnt even contemplate that.

Mike Wauffle was his name and when we got him from the giants, fans were estatic as guy got that best out of our D linemen

Also, we grabbed another player from nyg, Tolfesson, who was garbage.

Wauffle was a stud!

anyone know where he landed after??

I didn't know about Wauffle, dang he was a good coach. You do bring a good point, however I think it's compounded with the age of some of our players also sho might not be the same guy as he was before the injury.

Either way we must come out with a PR somewhere in this draft. I don't even care if he's a situational pass rusher.

very true,

age def didnt help the cause,

and seymour was all banged up.

if we lose both kelly and rich, then we gonna not only need a pass rusher, edge style but possibly a couple DTs to clogged that shish up

Byrant seems to play best on the outside as did Houston.

D line is just a huge need entirely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: