Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you feel is our greatest defensive need?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

We need a new __________:
Cornerback
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Safety (Free or Strong)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Defensive Tackle
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
Defensive End
46%
 46%  [ 18 ]
Inside Linebacker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Outside Linebacker (including a pass rushing one)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Preacher wrote:
I went with a MLB. I think we have serviceable DT'S and DE's. What we need is a Ray Lewis/Pat Willis type of player to control the MLB position. Hard choice for sure, when we need upgrades on the DL and CB's but i think the right MLB could help us a lot.

Maybe if there were a Ray Lewis/Pat Willis type guy in this draft, but I just dont see one.Only way I want a MLB in the 1st is if we trade down and take Ogletree, then went DE/DT in the 2nd and 3rd.

I'd trade down if there was a lewis/willis type. I mean honestly teams don't value them as high. Give me a top flight DE or DB.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Preacher wrote:
I went with a MLB. I think we have serviceable DT'S and DE's. What we need is a Ray Lewis/Pat Willis type of player to control the MLB position. Hard choice for sure, when we need upgrades on the DL and CB's but i think the right MLB could help us a lot.

Maybe if there were a Ray Lewis/Pat Willis type guy in this draft, but I just dont see one.Only way I want a MLB in the 1st is if we trade down and take Ogletree, then went DE/DT in the 2nd and 3rd.

I'd trade down if there was a lewis/willis type. I mean honestly teams don't value them as high. Give me a top flight DE or DB.

Agreed, I think if we're at 3 it has to be Moore. I've cooled off on Milliner a bit even.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need bodies at CB and we need a pass rush to pressure the QB. Be that DE or OLB it doesn't matter. Also will we transition to3-4 over time?!? We also need to stop the run and are probably losing are starting DT's Kelly, Sey) So we NEED it all.
FA is the best route for a pass rusher before the Draft. Freeney, Osi are older and will want jobs before the draft as there are lots of tweener pass rushers in this draft...
DT is DEEP in this draft and the size of the big piggies is excellent. A trade down would be best to get 2 UT and NT, but a DT with our 1st and a DB with our 3rd and Huff will play where that DB doesn't. FS Jefferson, huf to CB, CB and Huff at FS.
We also need O-line if there is value...Reggie really will have his hands full but I'm excited to see this off-season.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE or DT. I voted DE since I'm not liking how Shaugnessy plays.

NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE by far if you say other wise then I might wanna ask you to watch all 16 games and look at the pass rush or lack of pass rush. Matt Shaughnessy couldn't even take advantage of a undrafted LT in Mike Harris. Matt Shaughnessy plays a position that he doesn't fit at. He belongs at LDE but problem is Houston is better and that's the position he plays.

Losing Seymour for sure and possibly Kelly. But I look at that by addition by subtraction lets not pretend these guys were all about gap control and staying in there lanes. Oakland is better off with out these two guys in the middle run defense looked better this years 18th in run defense. Raiders have two nice young DT's in D.Bryant and C.Bilukidi that play within the system. Bryant is a FA but I feel like we have a good shot at signing him to a deal.

Lack of pass rush is this teams biggest problem on D. 25 sacks last year what a joke.
dmac505

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a question,
who on our dline currently gets double teamed? or is it staggered throughout the game?

I feel like Seymour used to be, but right now there really isnt anyone that commands a double team.

I just love the idea of having a DT that demands double team. That is tough to run against. Not only do you have the DT in the way, but the G and C in the middle filling up holes.

Ill be happy with Moore because DE is a huge need as well...
im just surprised how one sided these answers have been Laughing

do people just have a ton of faith in our young guys? or you just value DEs over DT?

Houston has proved more than Christo
Bryant has shown more Shaunessy but there both FAs, id guess Bryant stays though as I expect Seymour and Kelly to be gone.

I just see a huge hole for us at DT

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
DE by far if you say other wise then I might wanna ask you to watch all 16 games and look at the pass rush or lack of pass rush. Matt Shaughnessy couldn't even take advantage of a undrafted LT in Mike Harris. Matt Shaughnessy plays a position that he doesn't fit at. He belongs at LDE but problem is Houston is better and that's the position he plays.

Losing Seymour for sure and possibly Kelly. But I look at that by addition by subtraction lets not pretend these guys were all about gap control and staying in there lanes. Oakland is better off with out these two guys in the middle run defense looked better this years 18th in run defense. Raiders have two nice young DT's in D.Bryant and C.Bilukidi that play within the system. Bryant is a FA but I feel like we have a good shot at signing him to a deal.

Lack of pass rush is this teams biggest problem on D. 25 sacks last year what a joke.

Because of great coaching everybody on the D-line took a big step backwards this year.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Because of great coaching everybody on the D-line took a big step backwards this year.

Or it could have been age..or people overrating our D-Line talent...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Matt Shaughnessy improved every year until he got injured.
This year he came back healthy and took a big step backwards. How can that be anything but coaching.
I forgot his name but the Dline coach came from the Giants and is regarded as one of the best Dline coaches in the NFL and the Raiders Fired him.
oak42069

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

This year he came back healthy and took a big step backwards. How can that be anything but coaching.
I forgot his name but the Dline coach came from the Giants and is regarded as one of the best Dline coaches in the NFL and the Raiders Fired him.

Damn good thought, i didnt even contemplate that.

Mike Wauffle was his name and when we got him from the giants, fans were estatic as guy got that best out of our D linemen

Also, we grabbed another player from nyg, Tolfesson, who was garbage.

Wauffle was a stud!

anyone know where he landed after??
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:

St Louis.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

St Louis.

St Louis dline improved to.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
bitty wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Damn good thought, i didnt even contemplate that.

Mike Wauffle was his name and when we got him from the giants, fans were estatic as guy got that best out of our D linemen

Also, we grabbed another player from nyg, Tolfesson, who was garbage.

Wauffle was a stud!

I didn't know about Wauffle, dang he was a good coach. You do bring a good point, however I think it's compounded with the age of some of our players also sho might not be the same guy as he was before the injury.

Either way we must come out with a PR somewhere in this draft. I don't even care if he's a situational pass rusher.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:

St Louis.

St Louis dline improved to.

yes they did, a solid coach gets it done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: