Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you feel is our greatest defensive need?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

We need a new __________:
Cornerback
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Safety (Free or Strong)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Defensive Tackle
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
Defensive End
46%
 46%  [ 18 ]
Inside Linebacker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Outside Linebacker (including a pass rushing one)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised this has turned into a DE vs. DB knife fight topics like this usually do. Laughing

I feel we need a pass rusher, thats why the texans where good, it's why the niners are good, it's why the packers D was decent, and the list goes on.

One does not simply make it to the super bowl without one.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once Kelly and Seymour leave, there will be a pretty big hole at DT. One that Bryant and Bilukidi wont be able to fill by themselves. I would go with Star if he is on the board. Give us a pretty decent and youthful DT corp, and we can build up the DE in the draft (deep class for DE imo), or FA.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I think once Kelly and Seymour leave, there will be a pretty big hole at DT. One that Bryant and Bilukidi wont be able to fill by themselves. I would go with Star if he is on the board. Give us a pretty decent and youthful DT corp, and we can build up the DE in the draft (deep class for DE imo), or FA.

Well we played better without Seymour this year and Kelly was never really that good this season either. We could use an impact player at DT, but I'd rather get a terror off the edge.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Well we played better without Seymour this year and Kelly was never really that good this season either. We could use an impact player at DT, but I'd rather get a terror off the edge.

I would love either to be honest man. Its obvious that pass rush is our biggest need and getting either would help out our team greatly. I personally am a big fan of Moore, but it seems like so many posters here and in the draft forum, aren't that high on him due to his "lack of athleticism". Star is choice one for me still, but Moore is without a doubt my #2. Have to believe one of the two will be there when we pick.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I would love either to be honest man. Its obvious that pass rush is our biggest need and getting either would help out our team greatly. I personally am a big fan of Moore, but it seems like so many posters here and in the draft forum, aren't that high on him due to his "lack of athleticism". Star is choice one for me still, but Moore is without a doubt my #2. Have to believe one of the two will be there when we pick.

Yeah, I'm gonna be pretty heated if they're both gone. Then again, we'll be able to trade down with people who want Geno in that scenario so it isn't all bad.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Tacos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have rotational guys at DT but I'd like a solid starter at the position. We're looking pretty bad at DE though. Voted DT because I want to have a monster interior, seems to be easier to get a good DE than DT these days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31st in the league in sacks...DE maybe?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
We have rotational guys at DT but I'd like a solid starter at the position. We're looking pretty bad at DE though. Voted DT because I want to have a monster interior, seems to be easier to get a good DE than DT these days.

I voted DE only because I think our lack of pass rush is a bigger issue than our run D (barely). However, like you I would LOVE to have a beastly interior DL. If Star can refine his technique and work on a few other issues, he will be incredible. I want a DL that will straight up beat down opposing offensive lines, and a monster DT is a great first step.We cant go wrong with our first pick if we use it on a DT or DE.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why it would be real nice to trade down and get two picks in the 1st 2 rounds somehow.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
This is why it would be real nice to trade down and get two picks in the 1st 2 rounds somehow.

Yeah I don't think anyone here really wants to stay at #3. I'd love to get a second this year, heck I'd love a first next year.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question. Tough, tough, tough choice but I went with DT. Unless you can get to 3rd & long pass rush doesn't come into play. In addition, I'm hoping that with time off Shaughnessy can return to form and he is an excellent edge setter. We simply have too many holes to fill and THIS draft is VERY short on 43 edge rushers. It's all tied together. Clowney would be perfect but he isn't in this draft. The pick is probably Moore who will put his hand in the dirt on 3rd down a la Wimbley and maybe Brandon Williams later.

This draft is heavy on safeties, LT & UT and somewhat nose (Jesse & Brandon Williams, Pena, Grissom and more that others are higher on than I am). We just need to have a smart draft. There are some players that I am really high on. I'd be a dream to somehow come away with Vaccarro at SS (weak ball skills & suspect coverage but UNREAL tackling ability in space) and Rambo at FS and jettison Branch and Huff.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders have the same need on defense they had for the last 10 years. A team leader at MLB.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DE
2. DT
3. CB
4. LB

The front 7 needs an upgrade all around, but I'm going to say DE is a bigger need right now over DT. Both positions make an impact, but DE's make more plays & arguably put a bigger impact on the game by putting pressure on the QB. Especially in modern times with this being a passing league, that's something we really lack. Our highest sack leader had 4 sacks - tied for lowest in franchise history.

I don't care which direction we go. I just hope we get more picks to address most of our holes.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with cornerback, because when we play the good teams with great offensive lines and great QB's we probably won't get a chance to get to the QB. Which means we will need guys who can hold up in coverage on thirds downs in the slot and on the outside.

Our Cb's are so poor that i think that's the right move i mean we do have lineman who can get to the passer like houston, Kelly and Bryant, but we don't have a player anywhere near
as good at CB. One pass rusher especially the likes of DaMontre or Bjoern won't affect guys like Peyton Manning IMO.

If we had to take DE i would take Ansah who i think is the best DE in the draft, but if we weren't in position to get him i would look at the top CB's, as the really good CB's can hold up when the pass rush is bad IMO it would really benefit this defense.

And i think Reggie feels similar, calling about Revis and then word got out we were looking at jenkins with our hypothetical first pick last year. Cb's are on the Raidar.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
The Raiders have the same need on defense they had for the last 10 years. A team leader at MLB.

We've also lacked a real run stuffing DT and (aside from two good Derrick Burgess years) a pass rusher for the last 10 years.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: