Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you feel is our greatest defensive need?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

We need a new __________:
Cornerback
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Safety (Free or Strong)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Defensive Tackle
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
Defensive End
46%
 46%  [ 18 ]
Inside Linebacker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Outside Linebacker (including a pass rushing one)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33517
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: What do you feel is our greatest defensive need? Reply with quote

So I thought it would be interesting to see where we stand on this board as far as our assessments of our areas of needs. It could be cool to see what we collectively think and possibly even compile something of a plan or prediction for how we we would handle a Raiders offseason in McKenzie's shoes. What do you feel is our greatest defensive need?



For me, I'd say its a pass rusher. Could be a DE, could be a rush OLB. But we got next to no pass rush last year, and it killed us. A good pass rusher would generate more pressure and sacks and would greatly assist our group of DBs. If it comes by way of a DE and they're good at stopping the run too then that's even better.
_________________

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you. Pass rush is our greatest need and will likely have a bigger impact on the rest of the D than any other. While a pass rushing OLB would be fine, I voted for DE.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5210
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get a player like Haloti Ngata that can be a difference maker on the d line. A huge DT would be awesome, especially because Seymour (and hopefully Kelly) are gone.
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bone_Collector


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 580
Location: So. Cal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted DE. We need a game changer on the defensive line. Preferably one that can be a terror off the edge.
_________________


Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8911
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted DE as well. DT would be my second choice though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted DT... but DE is a close second

The raiders Run D will never improve until we get a real run stuffing, hole clogging DT.
Tommy Kelly and even Seymour just penetrated the line, which lead huge gaps in the D
Christo and Bryant have looked good, but there young and inexperienced some im not going to count on them all season IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21613
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edge pass rush. It can be DE or linebacker just get me a real pass rusher please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4631
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rusher or cornerback. We need an above average player in both positions IMO. It's a passing league now.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14293
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
I voted DT... but DE is a close second

The raiders Run D will never improve until we get a real run stuffing, hole clogging DT.
Tommy Kelly and even Seymour just penetrated the line, which lead huge gaps in the D
Christo and Bryant have looked good, but there young and inexperienced some im not going to count on them all season IMO


The Raiders run D improved this year when players were asked to control the line instead of shooting through it and leaving gaping holes in the process.

The QB must go down and he must go down hard is one reason we've been struggling to stop the run. There was no balance between the pass rushing responsibilities and run stopping ones.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7771
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rusher forsure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
I voted DT... but DE is a close second

The raiders Run D will never improve until we get a real run stuffing, hole clogging DT.
Tommy Kelly and even Seymour just penetrated the line, which lead huge gaps in the D
Christo and Bryant have looked good, but there young and inexperienced some im not going to count on them all season IMO


The Raiders run D improved this year when players were asked to control the line instead of shooting through it and leaving gaping holes in the process.

The QB must go down and he must go down hard is one reason we've been struggling to stop the run. There was no balance between the pass rushing responsibilities and run stopping ones.


I will admit that the Run D did step up at the end of the season, once mcclain and seymour were out is when it really showed.
Dont get me wrong ill be happy with a DE in the first, its not my choice but i understand it, and I know that it too will help this team tremendously.

Id just rather an Elite DT, then an Elite DE for this team right now. But a new DE is definitely a big need.
Someone like Ngata or Pat williams back in the day for the pats or Haynesworth when he was playing for a pay check... are what you build a D around, and IMO there isnt much an opposing O can do to game plan for them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3919
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Pass rusher or cornerback. We need an above average player in both positions IMO. It's a passing league now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyone chose anything other than pass rusher. It's obviously our biggest need and it isn't even close. I'd say finding a number one corner, a run stuffing nose tackle, and a legit middle linebacker are our next three biggest needs in that order.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4631
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
a number one corner, a run stuffing nose tackle, and a legit middle linebacker are our next three biggest needs in that order.


Wouldn't disagree with this although another corner would be high on my list.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
early43


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 1112
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with a DE because a consistent pass rushing threat would do wonders for our defense.

We need a leader on defense more than anything though. No more Kelly, Seymour, McClain type players that we as fans point to as leaders. Accountability is needed on that side of the ball and to have it, we need someone whos can hold the players accountable on the field and in the meeting rooms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group