Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Henry Melton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

3 ways to go
Let Spencer walk, keep Ware & sign Melton
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
Resign Spencer,trade Ware & sign Melton
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Resign Spencer, keep Ware & forget Melton
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
ware94


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 1401
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Ware94:

Quote:
I've only argued that TRADING Demarcus Ware was stupid. That's the only argument I've heard from either of you....that I've disagreed with, anyway


No you have argued it would be devastating to the cap. You were wrong. A couple of others have made valid arguments as why not to trade him but yours was cap related. All cap related. Over n over.. Each time you were wrong.

Even Matts jumped on your salary cap train then got off at the next stop.

Ware94 just because someone has different ideas than you or wants to trade your favorite player doesn't mean that person is dumb or doesn't understand anything. You couldn't mention the cap fast enough when the thought of trading Ware was brought up. In truth you hadn't taken the time to understand the facts. You changed arguments mid stream to try and validate your cap rant. It's ok brah. You are forgiven. This time.


It absolutely would be devastating to that cap. YOU HAVE TO REPLACE HIM. What do you not understand about that? When you're over the cap by $20M, you can't add to that! Adding to a deficit is devastating no matter how you look at it.

When your idea is possible, then we'll talk about it being dumb or not.
_________________
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Texas Rangers
NBA - New York Knicks
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
First ware94 you say this :



Quote:
This. Mensa (which means of a high intelligence, or IQ, go figure) does not seems to understand that even if getting rid of the "core" players made sense, which it doesn't, the salary cap ramifications would be devastating.
..Devasating..really ? Devastating ? Define devastating.

Then you say this:

Quote:
Plus you'll get worse at the position. Is spending more money to get worse a good ideaUnless the replacement costs <100k, [b]its going to cost more than it would to keep Ware, which was the point. [/b] in your opinion? It seems that way.
Your previous point was it would be devastating. I don't see the devastation.

Laughing

By 2014 we could have two draft picks playing because of the Ware trade and because of the new rookie salary rules would cost less than Ware. Both younger than Ware. Both cost less than Ware. The team has replaced an aging player and has moved in a different direction. About that big picture thing...


Rolling Eyes

When the team is over the cap by $20M, yes, adding to that would be devastating. Of course getting two starters for one would be great. Who wouldn't agree with that? But it CANT HAPPEN when you don't have the cap room to sign players.

Yes, about that big picture thing....



Alright, so WHAT IS THE ANSWER? You have been shooting down Mensa and my ideas for almost a week now. Are you simply trying to tell us that we are stuck with what we have? That our championship hopes ride on a team that hasn't, in 3 out of 4 attempts, been able to advance to the playoffs?

Are you trying to say that what we are suggesting is not possible and that we should just accept that and get on the band wagon of a team that flat out sucks when it comes to winning big time games? That we are pinning our hopes on a draft that will produce, at least, 2 O linemen, 1 D linemen, a S and some depth at RB and QB for the type of team we need to compete this coming year?

If that is the case then this team is screwed! They couldn't win a damn thing when we had a decent, not great, but decent O line in 2007. And before you go crying about Crayton or untimely penalties just understand, if we were THAT good, we could have overcame those issues. Especially playing in a playoff round where we could have hosted the NFC championship game, losing to a team we beat twice in the regular season.

I don't understand you D Ware. Are you just some realist that cannot think outsiode the box? Because frankly, that is all this team has left according to your assessments of our off-season status.

According to you we cannot do a damn thing in FA, Spencer is a conundrum, trading away players that are wasting away here, with value, is a huge mistake (but yet, every other team in the league can do it), Our salary cap will keep us paralyzed until 2015 or later, I wonder how Ware, Witten and Romo will look then?

So, you are so good at ripping on us, lets hear your ideas on how to turn a failing, can't even make the playoffs with multiple opportunites, bunch of fantasy football heros into a winning franchise again.

I can't wait to hear this.


Apparently, you've been under a rock. Dallas in $20M over the cap. What does this mean?

That means they will have to restructure, not only in order to get under that, but to have enough to fill out the roster.

You want to trade Ware? Cool. That saves you roughly $100k but also opens a hole to fill. Dumb idea, if you ask me.

So, no, I don't see much of anything happening in FA. Cutting Free and Connor will save about $10M, then restructuring Carr, Witten, Austin, and Ware can save between $15-20M, then re-signing Romo can save money.

Outside of the possibility of re-signing Spencer, which I never said wouldn't happen, though I don't think it will, I don't see any moves being made. This offseason, I think, will be similar to 2010.

I've only argued that TRADING Demarcus Ware was stupid. That's the only argument I've heard from either of you....that I've disagreed with, anyway.



Ok, so according to you, with all of this cutting, resigning or not and restructuring, we will ONLY be just getting under the cap.

So, and pardon my stupidity, this means we will have close to nothing to spend in FA and with only 6 draft picks this year and not drafting until 18, our future season, 2013-14, will basically be the same team we fielded last year plus a few rookies we pick up in the draft. Is that waht you are saying?

And again, understand that I, and I'm assuming Mensa, were somewhat aware of this and were simply trying to think outside the box to offer a glimmer of hope for our team in the coming years. Becasue realistically, as a team, Dallas sucks. I'm not afraid to say it. I don't have man crushes on ANY player on this team and with all of the holes we have to fill, no money in FA and only 6 draft picks (2 of which are guarunteed CB and LB with this idiot GM) this team will NEVER sign the players it will need to solidify our trenches and compete for a title with the limited time our core players have.

But again, we are at least trying to offer some suggestions or ideas that may help this team compete for a long time in the years to come. Because the competition in our division just got a lot tougher. And in the next 2-3 years, if we do not act now, we will be the Redskins of the last decade. Just my opinion, but I don't know much about football, I live under a rock and offer stupid suggestions. I'll bet I couldn't pick a game right if we were all picking the winners of games on a week to week basis. Hmmmmmm Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ware94


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 1401
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
First ware94 you say this :



Quote:
This. Mensa (which means of a high intelligence, or IQ, go figure) does not seems to understand that even if getting rid of the "core" players made sense, which it doesn't, the salary cap ramifications would be devastating.
..Devasating..really ? Devastating ? Define devastating.

Then you say this:

Quote:
Plus you'll get worse at the position. Is spending more money to get worse a good ideaUnless the replacement costs <100k, [b]its going to cost more than it would to keep Ware, which was the point. [/b] in your opinion? It seems that way.
Your previous point was it would be devastating. I don't see the devastation.

Laughing

By 2014 we could have two draft picks playing because of the Ware trade and because of the new rookie salary rules would cost less than Ware. Both younger than Ware. Both cost less than Ware. The team has replaced an aging player and has moved in a different direction. About that big picture thing...


Rolling Eyes

When the team is over the cap by $20M, yes, adding to that would be devastating. Of course getting two starters for one would be great. Who wouldn't agree with that? But it CANT HAPPEN when you don't have the cap room to sign players.

Yes, about that big picture thing....



Alright, so WHAT IS THE ANSWER? You have been shooting down Mensa and my ideas for almost a week now. Are you simply trying to tell us that we are stuck with what we have? That our championship hopes ride on a team that hasn't, in 3 out of 4 attempts, been able to advance to the playoffs?

Are you trying to say that what we are suggesting is not possible and that we should just accept that and get on the band wagon of a team that flat out sucks when it comes to winning big time games? That we are pinning our hopes on a draft that will produce, at least, 2 O linemen, 1 D linemen, a S and some depth at RB and QB for the type of team we need to compete this coming year?

If that is the case then this team is screwed! They couldn't win a damn thing when we had a decent, not great, but decent O line in 2007. And before you go crying about Crayton or untimely penalties just understand, if we were THAT good, we could have overcame those issues. Especially playing in a playoff round where we could have hosted the NFC championship game, losing to a team we beat twice in the regular season.

I don't understand you D Ware. Are you just some realist that cannot think outsiode the box? Because frankly, that is all this team has left according to your assessments of our off-season status.

According to you we cannot do a damn thing in FA, Spencer is a conundrum, trading away players that are wasting away here, with value, is a huge mistake (but yet, every other team in the league can do it), Our salary cap will keep us paralyzed until 2015 or later, I wonder how Ware, Witten and Romo will look then?

So, you are so good at ripping on us, lets hear your ideas on how to turn a failing, can't even make the playoffs with multiple opportunites, bunch of fantasy football heros into a winning franchise again.

I can't wait to hear this.


Apparently, you've been under a rock. Dallas in $20M over the cap. What does this mean?

That means they will have to restructure, not only in order to get under that, but to have enough to fill out the roster.

You want to trade Ware? Cool. That saves you roughly $100k but also opens a hole to fill. Dumb idea, if you ask me.

So, no, I don't see much of anything happening in FA. Cutting Free and Connor will save about $10M, then restructuring Carr, Witten, Austin, and Ware can save between $15-20M, then re-signing Romo can save money.

Outside of the possibility of re-signing Spencer, which I never said wouldn't happen, though I don't think it will, I don't see any moves being made. This offseason, I think, will be similar to 2010.

I've only argued that TRADING Demarcus Ware was stupid. That's the only argument I've heard from either of you....that I've disagreed with, anyway.



Ok, so according to you, with all of this cutting, resigning or not and restructuring, we will ONLY be just getting under the cap.

So, and pardon my stupidity, this means we will have close to nothing to spend in FA and with only 6 draft picks this year and not drafting until 18, our future season, 2013-14, will basically be the same team we fielded last year plus a few rookies we pick up in the draft. Is that waht you are saying?

And again, understand that I, and I'm assuming Mensa, were somewhat aware of this and were simply trying to think outside the box to offer a glimmer of hope for our team in the coming years. Becasue realistically, as a team, Dallas sucks. I'm not afraid to say it. I don't have man crushes on ANY player on this team and with all of the holes we have to fill, no money in FA and only 6 draft picks (2 of which are guarunteed CB and LB with this idiot GM) this team will NEVER sign the players it will need to solidify our trenches and compete for a title with the limited time our core players have.

But again, we are at least trying to offer some suggestions or ideas that may help this team compete for a long time in the years to come. Because the competition in our division just got a lot tougher. And in the next 2-3 years, if we do not act now, we will be the Redskins of the last decade. Just my opinion, but I don't know much about football, I live under a rock and offer stupid suggestions. I'll bet I couldn't pick a game right if we were all picking the winners of games on a week to week basis. Hmmmmmm Think


Apparently, I'm not alone:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Eatman-Don%E2%80%99t-Expect-Same-Free-Agency-Splash-As-2012/00d006e2-e929-4637-8820-3dad151664c4
_________________
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Texas Rangers
NBA - New York Knicks
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20862
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
ware94 wrote:
This. Mensa (which means of a high intelligence, or IQ, go figure) does not seems to understand that even if getting rid of the "core" players made sense, which it doesn't, the salary cap ramifications would be devastating.


Actually, mensa is the Latin word for table. It also the name of a society of people with high IQs, which I am a proud member of.


they are letting anyone in nowadays, huh?


LOL, Matts! I've been a member of Mensa since I was 15 years old. It's just a test that you take to get in. It's not that hard, really. There are a number of people on this forum, you included, whom I would consider excellent candidates for Mensa. I mean this when I say that you should seriously look into it. Granted, most of the people who attend the events are socially awkward engineers, not beer drinking midget porn stars, but I think you'd have fun. In fact, you'd attract a ton of attention because you'd stand out.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
henry


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we all agree that whether you are a avid DWare supporter or not that Spencer and Ware could only play one pos in the new defense (RDE).
we have mucho holes, Spencer leaving obviously does not help w/ the hole filling effort. Trading DWare will.
Get a mid 1st & 3rd for Ware. Draft Donate Jones, or Richardson with that 1. Or get a combo of Vacarro & DT in the 1st rd.
New front 4:
LDE - HATCHER/CRAWFORD
NT - RATLIFF/LISSEMORE
3T - JONES/HATCHER
RDE - SPENCER/JONES
Jones can flat get after the passer and he's slightly smaller than avg 3T at 280, and slightly bigger than avg RDE. this is a very good 6 man rotation in my eyes. with the xtra 3rd move up high in rd 2 for Barret Jones (Center solved 12 yrs). use 3rd rd pick for Zac Dysert (Romo's eventual replacement) and finally draft Burkhead (Nebraska) to team w/Murray at rb. We also have a stud at safety (how long has that been). notice i didn't even need to go after melton.
3 major holes filled without signing big name FA like Melton.
3T - D.Jones, S - Vacarro, & C -B.Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
henry


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's Datone Jones, check him out (UCLA)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
henry


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in rhode island, getting 3 feet of snow today - tomorrow & hurricane winds 75-100 mph. if you dont hear from me again, you'll know why
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
First ware94 you say this :



Quote:
This. Mensa (which means of a high intelligence, or IQ, go figure) does not seems to understand that even if getting rid of the "core" players made sense, which it doesn't, the salary cap ramifications would be devastating.
..Devasating..really ? Devastating ? Define devastating.

Then you say this:

Quote:
Plus you'll get worse at the position. Is spending more money to get worse a good ideaUnless the replacement costs <100k, [b]its going to cost more than it would to keep Ware, which was the point. [/b] in your opinion? It seems that way.
Your previous point was it would be devastating. I don't see the devastation.

Laughing

By 2014 we could have two draft picks playing because of the Ware trade and because of the new rookie salary rules would cost less than Ware. Both younger than Ware. Both cost less than Ware. The team has replaced an aging player and has moved in a different direction. About that big picture thing...


Rolling Eyes

When the team is over the cap by $20M, yes, adding to that would be devastating. Of course getting two starters for one would be great. Who wouldn't agree with that? But it CANT HAPPEN when you don't have the cap room to sign players.

Yes, about that big picture thing....



Alright, so WHAT IS THE ANSWER? You have been shooting down Mensa and my ideas for almost a week now. Are you simply trying to tell us that we are stuck with what we have? That our championship hopes ride on a team that hasn't, in 3 out of 4 attempts, been able to advance to the playoffs?

Are you trying to say that what we are suggesting is not possible and that we should just accept that and get on the band wagon of a team that flat out sucks when it comes to winning big time games? That we are pinning our hopes on a draft that will produce, at least, 2 O linemen, 1 D linemen, a S and some depth at RB and QB for the type of team we need to compete this coming year?

If that is the case then this team is screwed! They couldn't win a damn thing when we had a decent, not great, but decent O line in 2007. And before you go crying about Crayton or untimely penalties just understand, if we were THAT good, we could have overcame those issues. Especially playing in a playoff round where we could have hosted the NFC championship game, losing to a team we beat twice in the regular season.

I don't understand you D Ware. Are you just some realist that cannot think outsiode the box? Because frankly, that is all this team has left according to your assessments of our off-season status.

According to you we cannot do a damn thing in FA, Spencer is a conundrum, trading away players that are wasting away here, with value, is a huge mistake (but yet, every other team in the league can do it), Our salary cap will keep us paralyzed until 2015 or later, I wonder how Ware, Witten and Romo will look then?

So, you are so good at ripping on us, lets hear your ideas on how to turn a failing, can't even make the playoffs with multiple opportunites, bunch of fantasy football heros into a winning franchise again.

I can't wait to hear this.


Apparently, you've been under a rock. Dallas in $20M over the cap. What does this mean?

That means they will have to restructure, not only in order to get under that, but to have enough to fill out the roster.

You want to trade Ware? Cool. That saves you roughly $100k but also opens a hole to fill. Dumb idea, if you ask me.

So, no, I don't see much of anything happening in FA. Cutting Free and Connor will save about $10M, then restructuring Carr, Witten, Austin, and Ware can save between $15-20M, then re-signing Romo can save money.

Outside of the possibility of re-signing Spencer, which I never said wouldn't happen, though I don't think it will, I don't see any moves being made. This offseason, I think, will be similar to 2010.

I've only argued that TRADING Demarcus Ware was stupid. That's the only argument I've heard from either of you....that I've disagreed with, anyway.



Ok, so according to you, with all of this cutting, resigning or not and restructuring, we will ONLY be just getting under the cap.

So, and pardon my stupidity, this means we will have close to nothing to spend in FA and with only 6 draft picks this year and not drafting until 18, our future season, 2013-14, will basically be the same team we fielded last year plus a few rookies we pick up in the draft. Is that waht you are saying?

And again, understand that I, and I'm assuming Mensa, were somewhat aware of this and were simply trying to think outside the box to offer a glimmer of hope for our team in the coming years. Becasue realistically, as a team, Dallas sucks. I'm not afraid to say it. I don't have man crushes on ANY player on this team and with all of the holes we have to fill, no money in FA and only 6 draft picks (2 of which are guarunteed CB and LB with this idiot GM) this team will NEVER sign the players it will need to solidify our trenches and compete for a title with the limited time our core players have.

But again, we are at least trying to offer some suggestions or ideas that may help this team compete for a long time in the years to come. Because the competition in our division just got a lot tougher. And in the next 2-3 years, if we do not act now, we will be the Redskins of the last decade. Just my opinion, but I don't know much about football, I live under a rock and offer stupid suggestions. I'll bet I couldn't pick a game right if we were all picking the winners of games on a week to week basis. Hmmmmmm Think


Apparently, I'm not alone:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Eatman-Don%E2%80%99t-Expect-Same-Free-Agency-Splash-As-2012/00d006e2-e929-4637-8820-3dad151664c4



Dude, nobody is debating what you are saying about the Cowboy's cap situation. What I am saying is this:

Since we cannot do anything significant in the offseason via FA because of our salary cap, here we go again into another season with the same faces, minus a solid player or 2 (Spencer, Jenkins). We are letting 4 former 1st rounders walk right out the door and are getting zilch for it.

As for entering another year with the same faces that have not even produced a trip to the NFC title game, but they have proven useless in the majority of make or break games that lead to the playoffs.

So we are losing some good players, we cannot get significant help via FA, we are depending on a draft class of only 6 players, and our core vets are simply getting another year older.

So even if we drafted all O linemen and D linemen and 1 safety this year we are still going into a season with, what will most likely be a rookie O line, a rookie S, a 265 lb DE in Ware that, in my opinion, will not be able to stand up to the type of pounding he will see from constant double teams, a LB core that has yet to play an entire season, a RB with the same problem, a brand new coaching staff with a brand new DC with a different scheme that will take, ohhhh about 2 years to learn and no cap money.

So, if I am reading all of this correctly, what in the wide world of sports, makes any of you think that this team will have what it takes this coming year to compete for a title????

That brings me to the next season 2014-2015. How sturdy do you think a guy like D Ware will be after a full season of lining up aginst 300 plus OT's? How about Witten by that point? Romo, Austin???

Will our defense begin to "get it" under Kiffin's scheme by then??

OK, next year's champs. Now we are looking at 2015-2016. Surely by then we should have a solid O line and D line. Perhaps even a solid secondary and a defense that gets the Tampa 2 system, if Kiffin dosen't croak by then. But by then we will need a new QB, a new RB, another TE, etc, etc.

All the while the Redskins will be on the rise, the 49ers should be winning at least 1 title, the Iggles have all new blood and are going young, way young and often to get with the times. The NYG, well they did their damage, they have 2 rings in the past 5 years. They will probably be looking to retool.

So where does that leave us?

Is it unfathomable, or even possible, to think that we shouldn't begin to move some of our older players and get what we can before we end up with another Spencer situation or worse, Jenkins, Jones, Spears, just walking out the door with zero compensation?

It is a grimm outlook indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fredsnotdeadyet


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 722
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Cowboys fan always looks at the negatives. For one im excited for this team and think we can do great things this coming season. No not wearing rose colored glasses but I seen something in this team that I haven't seen in awhile. No matter how many points they were down I thought they could still win the game.

This team had no quit in them, they fought till the end of the game. Our offense wasn't a help in the first halfs but they are explosive at times. The team is following Garrett and you can see a change in culture here. We competed with TONS of injuries and not using it as an excuse but we fought till the final seconds ticked.

I am proud of the Dallas Cowboys, does it hurt to lose yes, but this team is learning how to win games and play as a team. Go cheer for someone else if all you do is complain about everything little thing about this team. Jerry this, Garrett that, this team sucks and will for years to come. TIRED of this crap. We don't need fans like that, support your team.
_________________



props to Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Wow Cowboys fan always looks at the negatives. For one im excited for this team and think we can do great things this coming season. No not wearing rose colored glasses but I seen something in this team that I haven't seen in awhile. No matter how many points they were down I thought they could still win the game.

This team had no quit in them, they fought till the end of the game. Our offense wasn't a help in the first halfs but they are explosive at times. The team is following Garrett and you can see a change in culture here. We competed with TONS of injuries and not using it as an excuse but we fought till the final seconds ticked.

I am proud of the Dallas Cowboys, does it hurt to lose yes, but this team is learning how to win games and play as a team. Go cheer for someone else if all you do is complain about everything little thing about this team. Jerry this, Garrett that, this team sucks and will for years to come. TIRED of this crap. We don't need fans like that, support your team.


Aren't you getting the least bit tired of seeing every other team in the NFC East rise up EXCEPT for us?

NYG: 2 SB titles
Iggles: 5 NFC Championship games, 1 SB apperance
Redskins: 1 NFC East Title with a rookie QB and RB (pointing out they have a LOT of potential)
Cowboys: 2 playoff apperances, both lost in the 2nd round, 4 losses that could have led to a playoff birth, all to NFC East teams.

Look brother, I have been a Cowboys fan for 40 years. I have seen this team at it's highest of highs and suffered with them thru their lowest of lows. But at least 1 thing was always prevelant, this team would bounce back and be in contention for years to come. Even in the 80's, with 3 NFC title losses, they were right there. They were respectable.

No matter what happens this offseason I will root for them. But as a fan spannig 4 decades, defending a team that I root for in a city that despises them, Philly, getting into fist fights with people here in Philly while defending them, flying to Dallas to see them play once a year, and spending time with you folks debating different points of view, it is my God given right to complain when a team that was a perpetual contender for over 20 years turns into a team that sucks for the last decade and a half. I have earned the right to say any darn thing I want about this team as long as I can back it up with facts. And the fact is this team is pitiful when it comes to winning big games.

If you do not understand that, then you ARE wearing blinders and drinking the coolade.

I really hope you are correct and I am wayyyyyy wrong. I truly do hope so. I can live with being wrong if it means the team I celebrate will become a force again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me227 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
About that big picture thing...what kind of draft picks do you expect to get for ware? I think you might be overvaluing his trade value. He is 30 years old. Other teams wont want to trade for him for the same reasons you want to trade him.

Plus with those draft pick(s) you are going to actually have to hit on your draft picks to make it even close to worth it. Which is no guarantee. Lets say we make the trade and get two draft picks. They both bust, or just one does and the other is OK. Ware goes to another team and has an 18 sack season this season and two 15 sack seasons after that...whos the winner? Ill keep ware. He is still capable of those kinds of numbers and is a class act.


Dboys I think Ware gets you two draft picks. A first and something else. This is the way I would play it out. I would defer the first to next year and use the lower pick this year to move up in this draft. This draft is loaded. Having two first for next season and needing a young qb could be a nice little bonus.

Could Ware have another monster season ? Absolutely. However would we be closer to a superbowl ? I don't think so. How close to the superbowl have we been with Ware having an 18 sack season ?Lots of different variables. I do know this for sure without a doubt. Jerry won't trade Ware. Jerry is too much of a fan to do that. That has been one of the problems with him being the gm.


I have to ask again, Why are you trying to get rid of a top 3 player from this team? And show me where another team has had a perinial top 10 defensive player, on of the greatest pass rushers in the last 30 years. I will stand by this logic, trading away your best players does not make you a better team, building around your best players does.


They have been trying to build since 05 with Ware and co. It hasn't worked. Not just the players fault mind you but still no results. How long do want to build around Ware ? How long do you want to build around Romo ? What have these players brought us ? Look at it this way. Dallas has 2 possible hof'ers on the team and they have a combined 1 playoff win. 1. Just one.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.


Last edited by Football Mensa on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Ware94:

Quote:
I've only argued that TRADING Demarcus Ware was stupid. That's the only argument I've heard from either of you....that I've disagreed with, anyway


No you have argued it would be devastating to the cap. You were wrong. A couple of others have made valid arguments as why not to trade him but yours was cap related. All cap related. Over n over.. Each time you were wrong.

Even Matts jumped on your salary cap train then got off at the next stop.

Ware94 just because someone has different ideas than you or wants to trade your favorite player doesn't mean that person is dumb or doesn't understand anything. You couldn't mention the cap fast enough when the thought of trading Ware was brought up. In truth you hadn't taken the time to understand the facts. You changed arguments mid stream to try and validate your cap rant. It's ok brah. You are forgiven. This time.


It absolutely would be devastating to that cap. YOU HAVE TO REPLACE HIM. What do you not understand about that? When you're over the cap by $20M, you can't add to that! Adding to a deficit is devastating no matter how you look at it.

When your idea is possible, then we'll talk about it being dumb or not.

'
You don't get it. The cap wouldn't be as devestated as you thought by trading him. You changed your defense. I get it. It would pain you to no end to trade Ware. That is what it boils down to. I understand that. However that's where we're different. I don't get emotionally attached to players. Cutting Spears, Connor and making Free a post June 1 cut along with a couple of other minor cuts it wouldn't be hard to get under the cap to sign rookies. Getting far enough under to sign splash free agents is whare the problem comes in.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Wow Cowboys fan always looks at the negatives. For one im excited for this team and think we can do great things this coming season. No not wearing rose colored glasses but I seen something in this team that I haven't seen in awhile. No matter how many points they were down I thought they could still win the game.

This team had no quit in them, they fought till the end of the game. Our offense wasn't a help in the first halfs but they are explosive at times. The team is following Garrett and you can see a change in culture here. We competed with TONS of injuries and not using it as an excuse but we fought till the final seconds ticked.

I am proud of the Dallas Cowboys, does it hurt to lose yes, but this team is learning how to win games and play as a team. Go cheer for someone else if all you do is complain about everything little thing about this team. Jerry this, Garrett that, this team sucks and will for years to come. TIRED of this crap. We don't need fans like that, support your team.


Fred just because some fans aren't afraid to call a spade a spade doesn't mean we don't want the team to win. Conversely I'm not going to sit there gleefully expecting great things from the current regime. If Jerry has the right to field an inferior product I have a right to stae my opinion. Bottom line is we don't have an owner committed to winning.

Btw what kind of fans do you want ? Do you want fans who ignore the bad and just smile and say go Cowboys ? Not happening with me. Win something. Become relevant again. Fans have a right to be pissed. So just because some don't think like you doesn't mean we aren't fans.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4915
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but can we all agree that we can't afford a free agent like Henry Melton one way or the other?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Yeah, but can we all agree that we can't afford a free agent like Henry Melton one way or the other?


Agreed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group