Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Henry Melton
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

3 ways to go
Let Spencer walk, keep Ware & sign Melton
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
Resign Spencer,trade Ware & sign Melton
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Resign Spencer, keep Ware & forget Melton
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Henry Melton Reply with quote

This guy would be a beast inside on our new 4/3. He loves Marinelli & is from Texas.
Between Ware, Spencer & Melton - we can only have 2
Remember trading Ware would bring back multiple 1st & 2nd rd pks
henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, give me some feedback, I watch the Bears a lot, and he is probably the premier inside 4/3 pass rusher in the game and he's 26
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Henry Melton should be our top priority provided he doesn't get tagged or re-signed. He is at his best as a 3-technique in a Tampa 2 style system. It would be incredible to get him back here, I just don't see it happening.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's 26, and supposedly coming off a career year, and we are in cap hel.l. Not against him coming here, but if we want to go after a DT, we will probably draft Floyd or Richardson. He's young and will probably be offered a big contract by a team with a lot of cap.
henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, the he will be the Bears top priority, but the Texas/Marinelli connection might give us a chance
I think Spencer will be more productive at this point in their careers than Ware.
Hey Flying Monkey, remember me. I've been down for 18 months with a disaster back surgery but I'm back. My app wont make it out this yr, but I finally found a partner to rewrite app in java - which will in essence make it work on the web like it does on my machine.
Good things are worth waiting for
henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft O-Line, & safety early instead of Floyd and put full court press on Melton. Meanwhile there would be multiple teams willing to trade top pks for Ware, similar to the Jared Allen trade between Chiefs And Vikings a few yrs back. Loose Ware's salary and make room for Spencer extention and bringing in Melton. There are going to be a lot of other salary cuts, like Free, & possibly Ratliff.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wht isn't there a 4th option?

Sign Melton, and gut team to fit under the salary cap

Cowboys are 15-20 million over the cap so you won't see much in free agency this year.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Floyd instead

Sig courtesy of mack.
henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long can Jones ignore the most pressing problem the team has?
O.Line. THere are creative ways to make cap room, the cuts I mentioned,
contract restructuring. Trading Ware & signing Melton is a wash financially.
But now use those xtra hi pks for filling ALL existing holes
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Ware, let Spencer walk and don't sign Melton. Time for a fresh start instead of seeing the same guys fail every year. I am ready to see the team go in a different direction personnel wise and not depend on free agency. With all the signings last season Dallas still failed.
ware94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Trade Ware, let Spencer walk and don't sign Melton. Time for a fresh start instead of seeing the same guys fail every year. I am ready to see the team go in a different direction personnel wise and not depend on free agency. With all the signings last season Dallas still failed.

Yeah, right.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe with some moving around in the cap we will have enough space to make 1 splash in FA and if that means Henry Melton, then so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

I have seen post like this all off season and it makes no sense. You are saying that you are tired of seeing the same guys fail every year so your answer to help the team is get rid of one of the top 3 players on the team? Here's a thought, instead of getting rid of the top players, how about get rid of the bottom half of the roster and get better players around the top players.

2011 Dallas Cowboys Pick 'Em Champion
ware94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me227 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

I have seen post like this all off season and it makes no sense. You are saying that you are tired of seeing the same guys fail every year so your answer to help the team is get rid of one of the top 3 players on the team? Here's a thought, instead of getting rid of the top players, how about get rid of the bottom half of the roster and get better players around the top players.

...or, you know, take into consideration the cap consequences of trading Ware, instead of playing Madden.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I think Melton would be a great fit in Kiffin's D, I don't see how we could sign him given our current cap situation. It will take some major cap work to free up funds for top tier free agents. Don't know if this is the way to go. Doesn't this strategy rob Peter to pay Paul? I mean you can restructure a contract but at some point don't you still have to pay what you took away this time around don't you? At some point the bill comes due right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: