Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the 2013 future of Percy Harvin (trade to SEA? p.39)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the new CBA do away with the Franchise tag?

If the Vikes make a valid offer to Harvin and he rejects it, I'd franchise him. A valid offer for his talent (to me) is 7 years, $60-ish million with $24-32 million guaranteed. YEAH, that's a ton of money!

If he thinks he's worth more than $10 mil/yr, he's nuts.

But if you want to get his attention, franchise him (if ya can) and prove to him you own his butt. If he doesn't realize it then, he'll never hit the score on the open market above the offer listed. No one wants a primadona head case anymore. There are too many guys producing great numbers without being the T.O., Moss, Johnson distractions. Look at the Colston, Johnson, Decker/Thomas, Green, Jones and White type of guys . . . good guys that earn a paycheck -- week in and week-out, year in and year out.

As much as I loved Sidney Rice and enjoy Percy . . . having a 12 week super-year, doesn't define consistent greatness. If that's what he thinks he deserves -- i.e.: Larry Fitz money, then make him pay, break him down and try to wreck him. If he has the guts and determination to accept $9.5 million for one year in that situation, he'll be wise to accept the extension of my terms with production incentives . . .

ya know, he ain't the Vikes MVP -- so, should he be paid more than the real deal?
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:
VikeSince70 wrote:
What I am finding hard to believe is that why Harvin would not be traded for at least a first round? When Moss was traded to Oakland we got a first, fourth and a player. Harvin is in his prime and by all accounts considered a stud and a game changer. Teams know what they are getting as opposed to the draft where a player can be a bust. At the very least we should get a first round for Harvin if we do decide to trade him. Just one mans opinion.

Because of his injury and migrainies concerns, if he does not have injury and mirgaines concerns then he would have been a first round pick

He was a first round pick. Percy is a unique player, but he is not a game changer on the level that Moss was when he was traded. There may be something to the fact that the team played its best football after Harvin got injured and was put on IR.

I think we end up getting no better than a late, late first for him, and more likely a second rounder and some change. I think we should trade him to Dallas for Miles Austin and their 2nd round pick.

Like the Vikings will ever trade with the Cowboys again after that Herschel Walker trade and Miles Austin sucks, I rather keep Harvin than trade for overrated Miles
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, KC fan here. What would you think of trading Harvin for Jon Baldwin and swapping 3rd round picks? You get a big physical outside WR who can be a 1 or 2 and won't be disgruntled + you move up 15ish spots in the draft?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Hey guys, KC fan here. What would you think of trading Harvin for Jon Baldwin and swapping 3rd round picks? You get a big physical outside WR who can be a 1 or 2 and won't be disgruntled + you move up 15ish spots in the draft?

Not even a little interested. That 3rd round swap translated to about a mid 4th round pick.

So that's Percy Harvin, OROY, All-Pro, one of the top kick returners in the NFL, and the leader in all-purpose yards before his ankle injury, for just a 'guy'. A guy that had less production in two seasons than Percy had in just over half of the 2012 season. A guy with two touchdowns to Harvin's twenty-nine.

I'll be honest, Minnesota does need a type like Baldwin, but there is no value in this trade. Something like Harvin/3rd <-> Baldwin/2nd seems more realistic. That values Harvin as a mid-second round pick.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would take a 3rd rd pick and Baldwin from the Chiefs for me to even consider a trade. But more likely, a 2nd and Baldwin. Baldwin may have been a first round pick, but his value is nowehre near that level. Id say he has fourth round pick value.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Hey guys, KC fan here. What would you think of trading Harvin for Jon Baldwin and swapping 3rd round picks?

i'll get back to you when i stop laughing.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Hey guys, KC fan here. What would you think of trading Harvin for Jon Baldwin and swapping 3rd round picks?

Although Harvin is 10x better than Baldwin the fact is if Harvin doesn't want to play in Minny then you lose TONS of leverage. Just because Harvin is worth a first doesn't mean that's what you will get. I ask a simple question and I get a retarded answer. Good on ya.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Although Harvin is 10x better than Baldwin the fact is if Harvin doesn't want to play in Minny then you lose TONS of leverage. Just because Harvin is worth a first doesn't mean that's what you will get. I ask a simple question and I get a retarded answer. Good on ya.

Harvin hasnt indicated if he doesnt want to play in MN. That has purely been speculation. The only thing we know is that Harvin has expressed concern relative to playing time and being placed on IR.

And why is this opinion so popular that if Harvin truly doesnt want to be a Viking, that the Vikings lose a ton of leverage in a trade. This makes no sense at all if you consider basic supply and demand concepts. If Harvin is made available for a trade, do you realize how many teams are going to be lining up for his services. Every team inquiring about Harvin isnt the Vikings, so conceivably if that is a valid argument, Harvin would be content playing for any one of the 31 other teams. The demand for Harvin in a trade is what will increase his trade value.

Why would teams get turned off if Harvin doesnt want to be a Viking. That doesnt make sense to me. The only thing teams could get turned off from are contract and personality. If Harvin keeps quiet, which he largely has, the Vikings should extract plenty of trade value.

If Harvin goes off to the media and acts like a malcontent, he hurts his own value in receiving a long term contract from the Vikings or someone else.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

hey Mike, let's watch the "retarded" commentary, unless you think i actually am. it was a humorous reply, one showing that i thought the KC offer was laughable, is it retarded to say that? very poor choice of words on your part, and insulting to those who actually have mental hardships.

nor can you show any quote from Harvin that he doesn't want to play in Minny. i used to think that way too, but after researching what actually has been said, you'll find that comment has never been made.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Max Says Vikings Will Try To Trade Percy Harvin

Quote:
Sources tell WCCOs Mike Max that the No. 1 reason Percy Harvin left the team this season was not his injury, but it was motivated by a blowup he had with Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier.

Quote:
The Vikings will try to trade him, Max reports, as Harvin does have market value.

Link

Fine with me, I think Jarius Wright is more than capable and cheaper. The bonus 2nd rd pick will only help the Vikings fix other holes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe time heels
Hope everyone can come to a resolution regardless of what may have happened in the past

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Maybe time heels
Hope everyone can come to a resolution regardless of what may have happened in the past

Could be true, though I wouldnt cling to the idea that time can heel if it means losing trade value. You dont want to sour the relationship to the point where you turn off potential suitors.

I think both sides are better able to get what the want if they both stay quiet and dont go to the media. Handle it in house, if a trade is what is best, I hope they can act promptly and get good value for 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My official stance is the Vikings need to find a way to bridge whatever gap there is between Harvin and management. Forget figuring out how or when the rift happened. Just figure out how to fix it. He had a phenomenal 2012 campaign, when he was healthy. When he was playing, he was playing at a level reserved for the games best at his position.

Harvin isn't the ideal receiver but he is an elite playmaker. Find a way to keep him in the slot where he can do the most damage. Jarius Wright made a few splash plays down the line but hasn't shown much to say that he is going to be a player in the league. Wright would be a great #4 but he is a significant downgrade from Harvin in every area of the game. You don't get rid of a guy like Harvin unless it's an unbelievable offer and I don't think one of that nature will be made.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Quote:
Sources tell WCCOs Mike Max that the No. 1 reason Percy Harvin left the team this season was not his injury, but it was motivated by a blowup he had with Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier.

Quote:
The Vikings will try to trade him, Max reports, as Harvin does have market value.

Link

Fine with me, I think Jarius Wright is more than capable and cheaper. The bonus 2nd rd pick will only help the Vikings fix other holes.

Does anyone from the Twin Cities know this guy? Is he reputable?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Link

If this is true, I am going to miss Percy but I just hope Percy goes to the AFC

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: