Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the 2013 future of Percy Harvin (trade to SEA? p.39)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: the 2013 future of Percy Harvin (trade to SEA? p.39) Reply with quote

perhaps we can use this thread to move forward with Harvin discussion...

Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed on Tuesday that Percy Harvin recently returned for his exit physical but acknowledged the talented-but-volatile receiver's future remains up in the air.

Frazier: "The exit physical went well. He's fine. He's cleared. So, all that was good. All the medicals were good. We definitely had to talk just in general about a lot of things. We had a good conversation. We talked, and it was good conversation. So, hopefully, everything will work out."

"I would think [taking some time away was good for Harvin.] I think the fact that he was able to get healthy -- that's the main thing, that he's healthy now. That puts him in a good frame of mind, and we'll see where it goes from there."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Percy_Harvin_returned_in_a_good_frame_of_mind_coach_says020513

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Frazier is saying all the right things Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

The comments sound like his future with the Vikings is uncertain, which if you want to trade him, may be the right things. I think they should keep their options open with Harvin. If they really wanted him, I would have expected more comments about how great he is, how they are excited to have him back, and their expections in 2013, etc.
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

The comments sound like his future with the Vikings is uncertain, which if you want to trade him, may be the right things. I think they should keep their options open with Harvin. If they really wanted him, I would have expected more comments about how great he is, how they are excited to have him back, and their expections in 2013, etc.

I agree. This sounds like one of those things where we will suddenly hear that Harvin was traded without any legit rumors circulating before that.

He said the exact things he should say if Harvin was going to get traded. I really felt that all his answers were extremely political and I got the feeling that Percy is unhappy and is likely to be traded. Just my thoughts. I hope that is not the case because he is extremely explosive, but based on those comments, I'm guessing he's gone.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^the way i interpret Frazier's remarks is that he has absolutely no idea what will happen, as it will be Spielman's decision.

and Spielman's decision will be largely based on two factors, which are also not under Frazier's control:

Arrow Percy's personal attitude and desire level to continue with the Vikings.
Arrow Percy's agent's salary desires.

with Valentine Day right around the corner, it all comes down to desire...

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like If a move happens, its going to be on draft day.

That might just be where his stock is the highest, with other teams trading or making suprise moves. If one team needs a Reciever, they might just end up calling us.

down but not out. I still believe!
jam8891

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like he is saying all the right things. But it also sounds like something you hear right before a player is about to be traded. All I can say is, Please Please Please do not make the huge mistake of trading him away. Then leaving us with Jenkins, Aromashadu, and Wright, to help with Ponder's progression.... I trust management, but hopefully they think this through. Harvin is an ELITE player at his position and a playmaker that you cant just replace.Like I said, I have complete trust in that the fron office will do the right thing, but THIS...is just stupid. And I couldn't help but question it.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

That might just be where his stock is the highest, with other teams trading or making suprise moves. If one team needs a Reciever, they might just end up calling us.

My guess is that it happens after the first wave of free agency, once Bowe, Wallace, Hartline and Jennings are signed. Probably early April. Draft day trades for players of Harvin's caliber are very rare.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

My guess is that it happens after the first wave of free agency, once Bowe, Wallace, Hartline and Jennings are signed. Probably early April. Draft day trades for players of Harvin's caliber are very rare.

Its happened with Randy Moss back in 07 (prior to the 07 season), and he's the GOAT.

What you say does make sense, but I think if any team is desperate enough, they'd make a move for a player, given the circumstances.

down but not out. I still believe!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Its happened with Randy Moss back in 07 (prior to the 07 season), and he's the GOAT.

What you say does make sense, but I think if any team is desperate enough, they'd make a move for a player, given the circumstances.

Randy Moss was traded on March 2, 2005 to the Raiders. Which would be prior to the start of free agency.

However, in 2007 Moss was viewed as damaged goods. Moss wasnt a player of Harvin's caliber in 2007 in terms of value.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when Oakland traded Moss to New England, it was early morning on the second day of the Draft.

but yes, it happens very rarely.

Webmaster wrote:
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is going to Houston, or for an early second and a mid 2014 conditional pick....
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am finding hard to believe is that why Harvin would not be traded for at least a first round? When Moss was traded to Oakland we got a first, fourth and a player. Harvin is in his prime and by all accounts considered a stud and a game changer. Teams know what they are getting as opposed to the draft where a player can be a bust. At the very least we should get a first round for Harvin if we do decide to trade him. Just one manís opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeSince70 wrote:
What I am finding hard to believe is that why Harvin would not be traded for at least a first round? When Moss was traded to Oakland we got a first, fourth and a player. Harvin is in his prime and by all accounts considered a stud and a game changer. Teams know what they are getting as opposed to the draft where a player can be a bust. At the very least we should get a first round for Harvin if we do decide to trade him. Just one manís opinion.

Because of his injury and migrainies concerns, if he does not have injury and mirgaines concerns then he would have been a first round pick
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:
VikeSince70 wrote:

Because of his injury and migrainies concerns, if he does not have injury and mirgaines concerns then he would have been a first round pick

He was a first round pick. Percy is a unique player, but he is not a game changer on the level that Moss was when he was traded. There may be something to the fact that the team played its best football after Harvin got injured and was put on IR.

I think we end up getting no better than a late, late first for him, and more likely a second rounder and some change. I think we should trade him to Dallas for Miles Austin and their 2nd round pick.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: