Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(RB) Lamar Miller may be the starting back 2013 says Ireland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Mr. Ireland. Keep it up. There are too many options at RB to hitch a wagon to Reggie Bush. I would endorse drafting that RB out of South Carolina if he drops to the 4th round. While Miller will only be entering his second year, he also has a third year RB to compete with as well. Not losing sleep if Reggie walks.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many teams out there would even pay what Reggie Bush is looking for?
IbleedMiamiAqua

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals are going to write him a blank check to play with the law firm. I think it's the most logical destination. He will open up the passing game for green and greshem. Cincys offense will be scary
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:
Bengals are going to write him a blank check to play with the law firm. I think it's the most logical destination. He will open up the passing game for green and greshem. Cincys offense will be scary

My money is on the Lions picking him up, if not the Lions watch Jacksonville part ways with Jones Drew and bring in Reggie.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I represent a contingent of Packer fans who would very much like to see Bush in green and gold next year.

That said, I think you guys will be fine with Miller as your #1 back next year. I don't do round projections for incoming draftees, but the number grade I had on him would most often translate to 2nd round for a rb.

Has Thomas ever shown anything? I don't see you guys play a ton, but he looks plodding and lifeless every time I do see him play.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap space gentlemen, you are not looking at teams cap space. There are really only four teams in a position to resign their free agents pursue a couple of free agents and sign draft choices. They are the Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins.

The vast majority of NFL teams are in a bad position cap wise. They are going to have to cut players they probably really don't want to cut. This doesn't even speak of the players whose contracts end in 2013 and are going to be looking for a raise.They also will need to address their own 2013 free agents. Then add in multiyear contracts of other players who will have an escalated cap number in 2014 and beyond.

Some teams restructured salaries to give them cap space like the Tampa Bay Bucaneers but thats only a temporary fix as the team is going to take a hit in the near future with the salary cap.

So what this comes down to is its going to be a buyers market. Any player Miami wants to keep, they can keep and at a salary thats much more in line with what Miami wants to pay than simply saying " Reggie Bush is going to Detroit." Because say we look at Detroit at this point They are already a little more than 1 million over the cap for 2013. They have some hard decisions on who to keep with expired contracts. If those players walk someone has to fill their spot and you do have to pay them. Players like Chris Houston whose agent is going to be wanting a hefty raise. All this and theres still the matter of the draft and those salaries and a reserve for contracts for players signed due to injuries.

It may be that Reggie Bush and others leave in 2013, but it will not be because the Dolphins couldn't afford then. It will be because we did't want them. I highly doubt any number the agents are throwing around right now will be even close to that of what their client actually signs for. Like I said its a buyers market and the prices are going to be like taking a stroll through Walmart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see Reggie stay at a reduced rate.

The guy produces, in a pedestrian offense behind a suspect line and he's obviously a huge factor in the locker room. Lamar Miller catching his work ethic wouldn't be a bad thing.

If we're happy to let high character, producing leaders walk, then I don't know what the plan is.

Much like Brandon Marshall we've never got close to exploiting Reggie's skills effectively within the offense and forcing matchup difficulties (predominantly because we have no other weapons!), but he's still played very well, even running between the tackles.

Do I like seeing him bouncing about and fidgeting, spinning this way and that and then being wrapped up 5 yards in the backfield? No, but I certainly appreciate the fact that he's an actual realistic threat to go the distance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: