Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A look at Chris Johnson (Edit: Poll Added)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Titans cut Chris Johnson?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Titan SS do you watch football or watch highlights.
Why would you want to build an offense through an erratic passing QB with accuracy problems with little experience.
You proved to me in your earlier post that you don't go as deep as you should into why CJ is struggling. You stated we only missing 1 offensive lineman since his 2000yrds when in fact we're missing 1 bad azz center a stud Guard. A QB who was a threat with his legs & made defenses account for him on the backside a probowl FB. & 2 great RB TEs.
An the play calling taking advantage of CJ skill set was genius.
Palmer wanted to pass the ball & setup the run bad mistake
fish ran the ball & setup the pass.
hell fish even made an erratic disfunctional QB name VY a winner an probowl QB, how simple he hid VY weakness he didn't ask him to throw from the pocket and see the entire field he ask Vince to throw to what he see tuck it & run.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
you have a beef with CJ & you should be beefing with our coaching staff because like I said they don't use Chris skill set to our advantage

This argument makes it seem like Johnson is a system back rather than a franchise back.

System backs are dime a dozen. Do like the Broncos did and just put one back there.

Franchise backs are consistent difference makers. AP is an example. They don't win half the games they did without him.

Now. A franchise back isn't needed to win, but they can make you relevant somewhat. Like AP and the Vikings.

But as was seen the Vikings lack a franchise QB and that is why they barely made playoffs and was one and done there too...

I'll trade a franchise QB for a franchise RB anyday. I think many would do the same.
It's just not the way to build a team.

Not saying cut CJ, but CJ can't be focus of this offense, but he is being paid like he has to be....

CJ has not proved to be a RB that can lift us like the Vikings. He isn't consistent enough as a runner to move the chains. He is homerun hitter.

We need a RB that can move the chains and Cj who can hit the homerun. That might be enough to lift us to the playoffs. We'd still be missing a QB, unless Jake can step it up.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Chris Johnson salary that's the way the world works. He out played his rookie contract & he cashed in blame the titans not him.
You got to get it while you can in the NFL not for long league
playing the shortest life span position in the game.
in this business get it while you can because as soon as you get hurt and can't perform at a high level you get a call asking to take a pay cut or you get cut.
the titans should've trade him like Denver did with Portis contract demands for a pressing need.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@king Titan I'm not saying that CJ is a system back either because I believe he can succeed in a man blocking scheme because he wouldn't have to be a patient runner just attack the hole with his speed.
I'm saying is this the titans are not helping themselves get every dime they've invested in him by not taking advantage of his skill set like fish & dinger did.
that is what I'm saying.
He's the same CJ he just isn't used the same since munch took over.
reasons being the titans try to set the run up with the pass with a QB that hasn't proved himself to be a capable passing QB.
Just go back an see how fish had VY & CJ and our team looking like we was ready to make a playoff push before VY tore his thumb up.
If we used Jake how we did Vince & ran CJ like we done in the past with dinger our offense will be a force.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Kaepernick is essentially Vince Young I will no longer trust anything you say about quarterbacks. Not only is he already mentally leagues above anywhere Vince Young dreamed about being he is already able to throw receivers open.

2003. Tom Brady 60% completion percentage 3620 yards 23 tds 12 int. Super Bowl: 354 yards 3 TD 1 INT over 100 QB rating.

2005. You say big ben sucked in the Super Bowl but in 3 other playoff games that season he had a 7-1 TD/INT ratio, nearly 70% completion percentage, well over 100 QB rating averaging about 25 passes. You don't need to throw 35 passes a game when your defense isn't allowing points. He didn't have a great game in the super bowl, but when the defense holds the opposition to 10 points you're going to say they won because of their running game?

The Bears had no offense. Period. The only team without a talented QB to go into the super bowl in over a decade and they made it because they scored a lot on defense and special teams and their defense didn't allow anyone else to score. Don't act like Cedric Benson was gashing teams for yardage and their offense was scoring.

The Ravens did win a Super Bowl with a good runningback. But that was all Joe Flacco. Playoff MVP also. Joe Flacco had by far the best quarterback play in the playoffs and it shows how important that is.

49ers had the same rushing attack last year with an average QB who just tried his best not to turn it over. Kaepernick came in a took chances. Pushed the ball downfield, threw receivers open, moved the chains with his legs. Your VY comparison is an embarrassment.

Seriously how can you acknowledge everything above and say I'm the one only watching highlights?

I agree defense wins championships. 100%. Just think of all the defensive players we could sign if we cut the most overpaid player at one of the lesser important positions. Chris Johnson himself has proven the runningback is not the important piece for a successful running game... the offensive line is.

I'm not here to argue whether or not Chris Johnson is who you or I think he is, but whether or not he is worth his salary, whether or not we should cut him, and to argue that running back is a position that is continually losing it's value.

and KingTitan you're right. There's a difference between a playmaker and an explosive player. Chris Johnson is an explosive player. If you give him great blocking from your OL and your WRs hold their blocks down the field and you get one or two guys on the defense to over pursue he can take it to the house. No question. But a playmaker makes something happen when nothing is there. If the blocking isn't great he won't lose 1 yard on every single carry. < Chris Johnson

You don't need a homerun hitter at runningback. You need someone with a high batting average. Someone who is going to get you 4 yards on first down. 3 yards on 2nd and mid. Someone who can move the chains by setting up manageable 3rd downs.

The argument I hear the most is that we are trying to develop Jake Locker and he needs all the help he can get. I agree 100%. What these people don't realize is how much Chris Johnson's running style is hurting Jake Locker. Johnson hesitating behind the line, not driving his feet when someone makes contact, missing cutback lanes, not falling forward when he is tackled.... All of these things hurt a young QB when they continually, drive after drive, put him in 3rd and long situations. To develop a young QB you don't want someone who can occasionally take it to the house for him, but someone who can consistently make the most important down easier.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TitanSS you know how easy it is to have a high QB rating when your not ask to do much as a pocket QB. For ex Robert Griffin had a very high QB rating this yr & completion % compare to Andrew luck but the offense he played in took advantage of his strengths & he wasn't asked to throw from the pocket like Andrew.
Ben rothlisburger early in his career was not a pure passer that's not even bill cower coaching style. The Steelers ran the ball & setup the pass.
The patriots did the same with Brady. Yea he got off in that Superbowl threw over 300yrds but Brady wasn't a QB throwing it 35plus a game. They ran a west coast offense & pound the ball with Correy Dillon & Kevin faulk.

As far as kapernick the jury is still out on him yes he has all the tools & talent but he is like fam Newton & Vince young after their 1st yr.
Meaning lets see if he can dominate an entire season after defenses have a yr of film on him & know how to play him.
You can say a lot about Vince not being mentally strong I agree. However Fisher played to his strengths & hid his weakness Vince tourched few elite defenses in his day the comeback drive against the cardinals the Monday night game against the saints the winning comeback vs the giants. The game we last played the cowboys.
I'm saying what we need to do is develop locker into a passing QB by doing what the Steelers did with big Ben what the patriots did earlier with Brady. That's run the ball setup the pass, an watch him grow see what throws he's comfortable with how he reacts to the speed of the game can he adjust with 8-9 in the box 1on 1 on the outside. How to find the open receiver in zone blitz & adjust protection.
I would be all in for cutting CJ if we had a proving QB that is a game changer.
Vince last yr we started off 4-2 & we were a top 15 offense in rushing & passing.
if you think CJ 2000 yrs season when he broke Marshall faulks yrds from scrimmage record was fluke & the man hasn't lost a step or been injured since your crazy.
coaching is the reason why his production is down hill
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

& for the record I said Thomas Jones for the bears then Cedric Benson Thomas Jones was no slouch.
Now back to the topic how is CJ hurting locker. When locker is missing wrk left from right throwing late or high. Locker accuracy is erratic.
If CJ help make VY a probowler & gave his career life you don't think CJ can't do that for locker.
News flash Fisher used VY the same way the redskins used Robert Griffin Fisher ran the spread ran the option & let TEs work underneath the field but he made sure we ran the ball to make it easier for Vince.
How SF used kapernick the same way Fish used VY read option heavy run game.
Kapernick has yet had to win games with no running game throwing straight from the pocket 25-30 times a game. He hasn't
the reason why kapernick & RG3 are excelling is because their HC are picking them up where they left off in college verses having them sit out a whole season learning from the bench forcing them to learn an adapt to a prostyle offense.
The game is becoming more college now than ever. If Munch had a brain he would run the ball setup the pass VS pass the ball setup the run
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

& for the record I said Thomas Jones for the bears then Cedric Benson Thomas Jones was no slouch.
Now back to the topic how is CJ hurting locker. When locker is missing wrk left from right throwing late or high. Locker accuracy is erratic.
If CJ help make VY a probowler & gave his career life you don't think CJ can't do that for locker.
News flash Fisher used VY the same way the redskins used Robert Griffin Fisher ran the spread ran the option & let TEs work underneath the field but he made sure we ran the ball to make it easier for Vince.
How SF used kapernick the same way Fish used VY read option heavy run game.
Kapernick has yet had to win games with no running game throwing straight from the pocket 25-30 times a game. He hasn't
the reason why kapernick & RG3 are excelling is because their HC are picking them up where they left off in college verses having them sit out a whole season learning from the bench forcing them to learn an adapt to a prostyle offense.
The game is becoming more college now than ever. If Munch had a brain he would run the ball setup the pass VS pass the ball setup the run
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant set up the pass through the run when you only get 2 yards on first and second down. Doesn't work that way.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again clearly your not hearing me so I'm done with it but can you tell me how in da bleep we were winning games in 08 running with CJ & lendale then half of the season when Vince started midway of the season when CJ rushed for 2000
And we started off 4-2 before Vince tore ligaments in his thumb.
you fail to realize how CJ was the focal point of our offense & made VY job as a QB Hella easy.
Dinger & fish wasn't wasting CJ talent like yo beloved munch
Palmer don't have a clue how to run a rushing attack.
& locker hasn't been near the QB Vince was.
How is you ready to turn an offense over to A QB who ain't prove ish
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Once again clearly your not hearing me so I'm done with it but can you tell me how in da bleep we were winning games in 08 running with CJ & lendale then half of the season when Vince started midway of the season when CJ rushed for 2000
you fail to realize how CJ was the focal point of our offense & made VY job as a QB Hella easy.

How were we winning in 2008 with CJ and Lendale White??? Yes I can tell you how. We gave up an average of 14.6 pts/g. That's why we were in the playoffs. Not because of CJ and LenWhale. lol

We were still 21st in total Offense. If we would have an a star QB instead of a "star" RB we would have made a deep playoff run instead of one and done.

Think I only watch highlights all you want I still have facts and stats to support my arguments. Something you never seem to bring up with yours. Bring up CJs amazing 2000 yards? Well he also led the league in carries for negative yards that season. And guess who wasn't in the playoffs that season? What does that show about how important CJ is to the team? He was a highlight reel waiting to happen that year and yet we still started off 0-6 and didn't make the playoffs.

I'm willing to admit that CJ is a highlight reel waiting to happen. You're the one who's not willing to admit that his abundance of negative carries and carries for no gain are drive killers, that he doesn't fall forward when he is tackled, and that his feet stop moving when someone makes contact.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won dude because we had a rushing attack & we lost to the ravens because of three things.
1Cj got hurt by players playing dirty the ravens couldn't stop CJ he carved them up for 70 yrds in 1 half
2. Turnovers algebra fumbled on the goal line bironas misput sed field goals &
3 the refs Robbed us not calling delay of game.
mane dude that's facts bruh
like I said locker not even better than Vince so far & munch is no better chuck cecil
Put CJ with the rams I guarantee he get 2000 with ease or put him on the Vikings.

AND U KNOW DA REASON HE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN NEGATIVE YARDS THE YR HE RUSHED 4 2000 AMONO WAS HIS LG PAHAAA
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
We won dude because we had a rushing attack & we lost to the ravens because of three things.
1Cj got hurt by players playing dirty the ravens couldn't stop CJ he carved them up for 70 yrds in 1 half
2. Turnovers algebra fumbled on the goal line bironas misput sed field goals &
3 the refs Robbed us not calling delay of game.
mane dude that's facts bruh
like I said locker not even better than Vince so far & munch is no better chuck cecil
Put CJ with the rams I guarantee he get 2000 with ease or put him on the Vikings.

AND U KNOW DA REASON HE LEAD THE LEAGUE IN NEGATIVE YARDS THE YR HE RUSHED 4 2000 AMONO WAS HIS LG PAHAAA

I don't think as low of Amano as everyone else as long as he's not playing center. We allowed 14 pts/g and you're going to credit CJ and LenWhale as why we were winning? Oooooookay....
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol OMG holy moly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: