Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 4691
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Anyone see Payton shocking everyone and hiring Grantham tommorow?


No. I think he means it when he says he's gonna thoroughly interview 2-4 candidates. (2-3 now.. Donatell was rejected). I think the other guy is Keith Butler and he's waiting on permission from Pittsburgh. Ozzie Newsom already gave permission for Monnachino but no news on him.. So, yeah. Has to be one of the those 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3180
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Anyone see Payton shocking everyone and hiring Grantham tommorow?


No. I think he means it when he says he's gonna thoroughly interview 2-4 candidates. (2-3 now.. Donatell was rejected). I think the other guy is Keith Butler and he's waiting on permission from Pittsburgh. Ozzie Newsom already gave permission for Monnachino but no news on him.. So, yeah. Has to be one of the those 3.


I actually remember a local sports radio host down here (Kristen Garrett) say that he had sources that said that Butler would be interested if the Saints would want to interview him.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 4691
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Anyone see Payton shocking everyone and hiring Grantham tommorow?


No. I think he means it when he says he's gonna thoroughly interview 2-4 candidates. (2-3 now.. Donatell was rejected). I think the other guy is Keith Butler and he's waiting on permission from Pittsburgh. Ozzie Newsom already gave permission for Monnachino but no news on him.. So, yeah. Has to be one of the those 3.


I actually remember a local sports radio host down here (Kristen Garrett) say that he had sources that said that Butler would be interested if the Saints would want to interview him.


Great! He could also really develop Galette and Wilson into more than just pass rushers. :p Assuming we keep Lofton & Hawthorne inside.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3180
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

SO to me it seems the Saints had 4 coaches they had interest in...

1. Ed Donatell
2. Keith Butler
3. Todd Grantham
4. Rob Ryan

Out of those 4 I bet most on here would have had Ryan as their 4th choice. Evil or Very Mad
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 4691
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
SO to me it seems the Saints had 4 coaches they had interest in...

1. Ed Donatell
2. Keith Butler
3. Todd Grantham
4. Rob Ryan

Out of those 4 I bet most on here would have had Ryan as their 4th choice. Evil or Very Mad


I had him at 3. Above Donatell.

Butler
Grantham
Ryan
Ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWATcha


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1772
Location: Sacto, CA.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
SO to me it seems the Saints had 4 coaches they had interest in...

1. Ed Donatell
2. Keith Butler
3. Todd Grantham
4. Rob Ryan

Out of those 4 I bet most on here would have had Ryan as their 4th choice. Evil or Very Mad


I have Ryan 14th. Right behind Ronald McDonald and Mickey Mouse
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2511
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As CSN Philly reported, Eagles hired former Browns LB coach Billy Davis as their defensive coordinator.


Seems like we're the last team in need of a 3-4 D Coordinator!
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6041
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints will interview Todd Grantham on Thursday Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
SO to me it seems the Saints had 4 coaches they had interest in...

1. Ed Donatell
2. Keith Butler
3. Todd Grantham
4. Rob Ryan

Out of those 4 I bet most on here would have had Ryan as their 4th choice. Evil or Very Mad


I had him at 3. Above Donatell.

Butler
Grantham
Ryan
Ed


Exactly how I would've ranked them. Pray for Butler!
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the love for Grantham. I LIKE Grantham. I think that his scheme would be a good fit for the Saints 3-4...but not anymore than Ryan.

Grantham has had decent success at the NFL level...and had a decent Georgia defense. He was NEVER a top three SEC defense despite being absolutely blessed with top NFL talent. And anyone who watches Georgia over the past two seasons would know just how special of a player that Jarvus Jones is.

People hate Ryan because of his name and the way that he looks. He does open his mouth occasionally...but his players love him, respect him, and bye in to his system. He is an established 3-4 DC that runs an attacking 1-gap system. On paper...he sounds like just as good of a fit as Grantham (who also is a bit of a nut case...if you didn't already know).

My top five (excluding guys not on the radar)

1) Keith Butler
2) Teryl Austin
3) Rob Ryan
3) Todd Grantham
5) Ted Monachino
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3180
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to say this... I actually been doing a lot of research on Grantham from his days back in Cleveland now up to his time in Georgia and I'm now actually hoping he's the guy Payton goes with.

Butler is still my top choice but I feel he's staying at Pitt, Grantham now is firmly my 2nd choice followed by Ryan.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6041
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@wwltvsports: UGA's Todd Grantham has pulled his name from consideration for the #Saints DC job.
[/quote]
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 4691
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Quote:
@wwltvsports: UGA's Todd Grantham has pulled his name from consideration for the #Saints DC job.
[/quote]

Crap. So this means Ryan or mysterious man....
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group