Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PACKFAN4'S MOCK OFFSEASON: Vol.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbens06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfan4 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I like your draft but am confused on where the money comes from to tag Jennings and sign UFA's and put tenders on RFA's. As you sign, tag and tender that money must be put aside along with rookie salary money and I don't see the math working. Maybe you can explain.

Thanks for the feedback everybody, much appreciated.

I hear you on the cap situation. If my numbers are correct we have about $7 million in cap room right now, restructuring Woodson could create an additional $5-8 million(releasing him would give us $10 million in additional cash). I also think we are going to re-do Finley & Pickett's deals to give us more wiggle room, wouldn't be surprised to see Hawk let go which would give us an additional $2.25 million. It's tough to say right now where the money is going to come from but we have options. I don't think S-Jax or Hill are going to be very expensive though, so I think it would be doable fitting them under the cap.

Plus I believe you can tag the player at the end of February and the restricted tags are not due until mid March, when free agency opens. We theoretically could have Jennings tagged and traded before February ends and still have time to resign our guys.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Ok. Here's CBS's write up of Woods. Read it and then tell me why we should be spending a 2nd on him rather than someone like Terrence Williams.

Blessed with a prototypical blend of size and athleticism, Woods has proven a standout at the collegiate level in large part due to his knack as a route-runner. Few at this early stage of their "career," show the moxie Woods has shown for setting up defenders as he releases from the line.

Pretty much this part... Proto typical blend of size and athleticism and especially this part... knack as a route runner/ moxie for setting up defenders.

Matt Miller's take…
Quote:
Robert Wood size, speed, and route running compares well to a Greg Jennings-type player. He'll be a possession receiver, but one who can pick up big yards after the catch with excellent vision and speed.

You just don't see many 20 year olds with both the knack and ability to run routes as well as Woods. I see a middle class man's Marvin Harrison. We've seen with Manning/Harrison just how dominate an elite passer and routerunner combo can be. I'd love to see that in Green and Gold.

If I'm building a receiving corps I want one guy like Cobb who is shifty in space, one guy like Woods who can run great routes, and one guy who can take the top off a defense with his speed. Having 2/3s of that as young as Cobb and Woods would be to go along with Rodgers would assure us a great corps for years to come.

I totally agree. I'm a big fan of woods. I also think Terrence Williams is extremely overrated. He's big and fast, but thats about all I can say for him. He falls down almost every play.

So you two want a guy who has a recent injury history who drops balls JUST BECAUSE he had one good year the year before...

alright...
justo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Yes.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
Ok. Here's CBS's write up of Woods. Read it and then tell me why we should be spending a 2nd on him rather than someone like Terrence Williams.

Blessed with a prototypical blend of size and athleticism, Woods has proven a standout at the collegiate level in large part due to his knack as a route-runner. Few at this early stage of their "career," show the moxie Woods has shown for setting up defenders as he releases from the line.

Pretty much this part... Proto typical blend of size and athleticism and especially this part... knack as a route runner/ moxie for setting up defenders.

Matt Miller's take…
Quote:
Robert Wood size, speed, and route running compares well to a Greg Jennings-type player. He'll be a possession receiver, but one who can pick up big yards after the catch with excellent vision and speed.

You just don't see many 20 year olds with both the knack and ability to run routes as well as Woods. I see a middle class man's Marvin Harrison. We've seen with Manning/Harrison just how dominate an elite passer and routerunner combo can be. I'd love to see that in Green and Gold.

If I'm building a receiving corps I want one guy like Cobb who is shifty in space, one guy like Woods who can run great routes, and one guy who can take the top off a defense with his speed. Having 2/3s of that as young as Cobb and Woods would be to go along with Rodgers would assure us a great corps for years to come.

I totally agree. I'm a big fan of woods. I also think Terrence Williams is extremely overrated. He's big and fast, but thats about all I can say for him. He falls down almost every play.

So you two want a guy who has a recent injury history who drops balls JUST BECAUSE he had one good year the year before...

alright...

Let's see.....

Pros I brought up:
blend of size and athleticism
route running
character
work ethic
vision
fit

Pros I didn't bring up:
he had one good year the year before

But yes that's exactly it. I like him "JUST BECAUSE he had one good year the year before".

I'm thinking someone didn't get a gold star in reading comprehension. Rolling Eyes

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
cooters22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this mock, I just think it's great when people put time and effort into these. You can tell that some work and effort were put into it.

I love your first round pick, I'm starting to think he is just going to keep climbing up draft boards.

I also love your 3rd and 4th round picks, sorta wish we could have sandwiched a OL in the 1st or 2nd round though. We just don't have enough quality depth there, and our starting unit still has some big question marks.

Any scenario in that we get Stephen Jackson to me is awesome!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking someone didn't get a gold star in reading comprehension. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Or I decided to actually do research on the guy and post my findings. You can go to the CBS site where I found the condensed scouting report and read the rest of what you blatantly missed when you can handle it...

Robert Woods was a big name because he had a huge year in 2011 and had a pretty good year the year before. Then he got beat out by Marqise Lee and started dropping balls, then he got hurt...

Despite the dominance he showed in 2011, the dude has inflated stats. Again, USC has a pass-happy offense. He's not going to get 10-15 targets a game.
Nick Perry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

I love the idea of franchising Jennings and trading him to Miami for a 2nd rounder. I also love the Jackson idea. I know Ted loves this guy and he'd be a huge upgrade for the Packers. Throw in Harris as a change a pace guy, and the Packers would have a run game that could actually take some pressure off Rogers, and see less cover two. I like the picks as well but have to admit, I don't know a thing about your first round choice. Woods would be a nice pick, so would Patton from Louisiana Tech who I hear the Packers having been watching. I also like the signing of the d-lineman from the Lions. Neither FA would break the bank (hopefully), and both would help the Packers. Awesome job! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: