Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UnPOPular Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncodad2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: UnPOPular Mock Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
grizmo78 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
I don't think this mock will be unpopular.

grizmo78 wrote:

ROUND 2 (PICK #48 ): Arthur Brown MLB

With a couple months to draft day, my ranking of MLBs is:
1. Kevin Minter
2. Alec Ogletree
3. TIE Arthur Brown and Manti Teo

Brown at 6'1" 230lb is talented but small. Te'o looks like he'll be a 3-4 thumper LB, not a 4-3 MLB.

I think the Broncos are more concerned about pass defense so a LB like Ogletree or Brown is a possible pick.

Brown cant play 43 MLB in the NFL unless he puts on some serious muscle. I completely disagree that he "plays bigger" than his weight. He looks and plays small. Fox doesnt go for that in the middle. He wants a thumper.

I dont hate this mock but I dont love it. I think Knighton might be a good upgrade to Vick. Id rather have them both and leave Bannan in the hills.

Im on the Xavier Rhodes pick too. Hes better than Millner, especially if Millner goes in the top-10. Id take Rhodes in a heartbeat if hes there at #28 but I dont think he will. His value will jump in the next couple weeks.

I beg to differ concerning the Brown fellow. Why can't he play MLB? Because he's only 230lbs? Let me point you in the direction of Jon Beason whom before injuries was among top 5 MLB's at 235 lbs. Or DROY Luke Kuechly whom is 235 lbs as well. When I watch Brown, he consistently avoids, takes on and sheds, or bounces off blocks. If Fox wanted a thumper, Mays is sitting right there. What I think Fox wants is someone who plays smart and in position, aka Brown who is arguably the smartest linebacker in this class with Teo.

I agree that i'd love to have Big Vick come back as he was noticeably our best DT this past year, but so was Bunkley the year before and we see how he turned out. If Vickerson is willing to come back at a reasonable deal, I'd love for him to come back, but he just had his best season as a pro and IMO will look to get as much as possible before he's out. Bannan on the other hand will come much much cheaper and was solid. We are in a great cap situation now because we don't overpay for rotational players.

I love Rhodes and really hope he falls to us. Wouldn't mind trading up for him either. I'm hoping with so many CB's coming up (Millner, Rhodes, Banks, Trufant (who is getting slightly overrated)) that they together somewhat fall. He's gonna be a STUD though. We really need some good press corners. Thats how you throw off top QB's, you mess with their toys.

Just because he "weights" the same as other MLB's in the NFL doesnt mean he plays like them. Every time I watched Arthur Brown play, he was exactly what I read about him. A soft player that lacks the instincts to play MLB. I see him moving to WLB in the NFL.
we must be watching two different guys...
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossilsn2000 wrote:
Overall, I like this draft. Too many have ignored the MLB spot.

-Levitre will be expensive and will get a starter job with a starters contract.

-Fox and Del Rio really like Vickerson so he'll re-sign with a 2 to 3 year deal leaving Bannan with either 1 year deal or most likely walking.

-I think McGahee will be cut and a veteran will be added to replace him. I'm hoping for Mendenhall, but expecting Greene.

-I completely agree about Knighton as an addition. A little concerned with his effort, but I think Del Rio will want to bring him on.

-If Koppen returns then he will be outright battling Walton for the starter spot after how well he played and works with Manning.

-The issue with the MLB is not about speed or hitting, but rather intelligence. Brooking was far from a playmaker this year, but he made an impact as a leader. The defense improved noticeably after his insertion because he coordinated the defense and made adjustments much better than Mays. Whomever, is drafted will be chosen for their ability to "quarterback" the defense and not on physical prowess.

Two points:

1. I dont want Mendenfumble or Greene. Rashard is a worse fumbler than McGahee.

2. If Koppen comes back, he will probably be the center again. It's not like J.D. Walton is Tommy Nalen or anything, so why do people assume that Koppen would back him up?
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
fossilsn2000 wrote:

-Fox and Del Rio really like Vickerson so he'll re-sign with a 2 to 3 year deal leaving Bannan with either 1 year deal or most likely walking.

-I think McGahee will be cut and a veteran will be added to replace him. I'm hoping for Mendenhall, but expecting Greene.

-I completely agree about Knighton as an addition. A little concerned with his effort, but I think Del Rio will want to bring him on.

-If Koppen returns then he will be outright battling Walton for the starter spot after how well he played and works with Manning.

-The issue with the MLB is not about speed or hitting, but rather intelligence. Brooking was far from a playmaker this year, but he made an impact as a leader. The defense improved noticeably after his insertion because he coordinated the defense and made adjustments much better than Mays. Whomever, is drafted will be chosen for their ability to "quarterback" the defense and not on physical prowess.

Two points:

2. If Koppen comes back, he will probably be the center again. It's not like J.D. Walton is Tommy Nalen or anything, so why do people assume that Koppen would back him up?

Because he was playing very well before he got injured.

Thanks, Tzimisce
fossilsn2000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
fossilsn2000 wrote:

Two points:

What would you do with the running back situation then?

Mendenhall certainly had a ridiculous fumble rate this year, but before 2012 this was never an issue. 2011 228 carries with 1 fumble, 2010 324 carries with 2 fumbles, 2009 242 carries with 3 fumbles.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossilsn2000 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
fossilsn2000 wrote:

Two points:

What would you do with the running back situation then?

Mendenhall certainly had a ridiculous fumble rate this year, but before 2012 this was never an issue. 2011 228 carries with 1 fumble, 2010 324 carries with 2 fumbles, 2009 242 carries with 3 fumbles.

Is that for fumbles, or fumbles lost?
fossilsn2000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fumbles. Mendenhall has 9 career fumbles with 7 lost. So basically when he fumbles he makes sure it goes to the other team.
grizmo78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
I don't get why everyone likes Xavier Rhodes I've watched a lot of tape on him and in no way does he deserve to be a first rounder if Fox and Elway wanna go that route I'd much rather prefer Elam from Florida

Im curious. What is it about Rhodes that turns you off about him? I think he's a great prospect and deserves to be drafted higher than our slot. I've seen a lot of mocks with him going as high as the Buc's pick, and as low as the mid second. I see the mid first round talent, could you explain why you think he's less?
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizmo78 wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
I don't get why everyone likes Xavier Rhodes I've watched a lot of tape on him and in no way does he deserve to be a first rounder if Fox and Elway wanna go that route I'd much rather prefer Elam from Florida

Im curious. What is it about Rhodes that turns you off about him? I think he's a great prospect and deserves to be drafted higher than our slot. I've seen a lot of mocks with him going as high as the Buc's pick, and as low as the mid second. I see the mid first round talent, could you explain why you think he's less?

I dont see the speed to play bump and run with NFL receivers, he can get away with it in the ACC but we all saw what happened to Bailey in out last game. Now Im not comparing to two just dont see the speed for an NFL CB I see him as a safety which is why I listed Elam or my favorite Swearinger as better picks if we do decide to go secondary with our 1st pick which I really personally dont think we will. I'd love to see us get another offensive weapon whether it be TE or WR which could very well be BPA at either of those postions when we pick. But back to your original question I just dont see the speed or the in the air ball skills for us to take him at 28 if we were to trade back some picks and pick him sometime in the second I see much more value there.(depending on how wed plan to use him of course)

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
grizmo78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
grizmo78 wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:

I dont see the speed to play bump and run with NFL receivers, he can get away with it in the ACC but we all saw what happened to Bailey in out last game. Now Im not comparing to two just dont see the speed for an NFL CB I see him as a safety which is why I listed Elam or my favorite Swearinger as better picks if we do decide to go secondary with our 1st pick which I really personally dont think we will. I'd love to see us get another offensive weapon whether it be TE or WR which could very well be BPA at either of those postions when we pick. But back to your original question I just dont see the speed or the in the air ball skills for us to take him at 28 if we were to trade back some picks and pick him sometime in the second I see much more value there.(depending on how wed plan to use him of course)

Hm... I think straight line speed is a little overrated. I think he has a lot of quickness and when I've seen him play, he's usually stuck on the hip of the receivers. Bailey getting burned was a combination of the insane speed of some of the Ravens receivers and the safeties not being in position. I completely disagree with your description of his air ball skills. He attacks the ball much much better than Millner or recent corners coming out.

One very big possibility unrelated. What do you think the chances us of trading back to a team wanting to move up for a quarterback for their second and a future 1st/2nd? Ex. The bills wanting to come up and get a dropping QB?
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizmo78 wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:
grizmo78 wrote:
denverbroncos23 wrote:

Hm... I think straight line speed is a little overrated. I think he has a lot of quickness and when I've seen him play, he's usually stuck on the hip of the receivers. Bailey getting burned was a combination of the insane speed of some of the Ravens receivers and the safeties not being in position. I completely disagree with your description of his air ball skills. He attacks the ball much much better than Millner or recent corners coming out.

One very big possibility unrelated. What do you think the chances us of trading back to a team wanting to move up for a quarterback for their second and a future 1st/2nd? Ex. The bills wanting to come up and get a dropping QB?

You I do stand corrected on that last thing about his air ball skills I mixed him up with another player I was watching yesterday Rhodes does do a nice job of attacking the ball in the air my bad on that one. For the trading back for a team that wants a QB it all depends on who and when teams start reaching for them and who they see as the number 1 QB although I think its Geno I dont feel like hes elite by any means and I dont feel that hes gonna have the instant success that other rookie QBs have had recently. Now part of me thinks trading back is a big possibility another part of me thinks that since Elway and Fox did that last year that they might catch hell from fans about not drafting a round 1 player 2 years in a row. Obviously it would go unwarranted but I can see that happening and if theres no real great prospect on the board and if we can get equal talent later on I wouldnt mind getting some extra picks. The way I see it the more picks the better chances of hitting on a true difference maker lol Like I said earlier I'd be very happy to get Rhodes in the 2nd. Johnathon Banks is another player if we go secondary that I really like but after the combine and everything I think he will move up out of our range.

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: