Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #16
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player would you pick with the #16 pick
Jarvis Jones
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Kenny Vaccaro
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Chance Warmack
63%
 63%  [ 23 ]
Cordarrelle Patterson
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 36

Loomis50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Pick #16 Reply with quote

If these 4 players available which one would you select with the #16 pick.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Chance. Jones would be very tempting though.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should change the title to "Who would you take at 16 if Chance is gone?" He is a no brainier at 16

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
You should change the title to "Who would you take at 16 if Chance is gone?" He is a no brainier at 16

I disagree, Jones at 16 is the easy pick for me. At this point no way he slips unless for some reason the medical evaluations at the combine.

Playmaking LB prospect > guard propsect in my opinion.

Johnson and other options could be available with our second 1st round pick. Plus guys like Warford will be around in the 2nd round.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I disagree, Jones at 16 is the easy pick for me. At this point no way he slips unless for some reason the medical evaluations at the combine.

Johnson and other options could be available with our second 1st round pick. Plus guys like Warford will be around in the 2nd round.

Best Guard to come out in a long time >>>>>>>> un proven LB in a 43 defence. If we ran, 34 I'd be all for it

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Best Guard to come out in a long time >>>>>>>> un proven LB in a 43 defence. If we ran, 34 I'd be all for it

I really like Warmack but he still is a guard and in my opinion there is positional value. Good guards are easier to find than a play-making LBer later in the draft. Both are unproven in the NFL, he can cover, blitz, and play the run which is what is needed at WLB in 43 defense.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I really like Warmack but he still is a guard and in my opinion there is positional value. Good guards are easier to find than a play-making LBer later in the draft. Both are unproven in the NFL, he can cover, blitz, and play the run which is what is needed at WLB in 43 defense.

I'm not going to put up to much of an argument against him because it wouldn't be horrible. But our offence needs Chance Warmack. Our defence doesn't need Jarvis Jones[/b]

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took Jones. Can't pass on a talent like that at 16. Warford/Long/Fluker all options later for OLine.

Seriously doubt Jones is there, however, and, if he is, it would likely be due to his spine condition, in which case I would take Warmack.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the Rams would pick Chance over Jarvis Jones. Chance is a nice OG prospect and would be a nice piece to the puzzle, but he'll never have the potential to take over a game like Jones could. That's where positional value comes into play. Taking both of these guys' ceilings into mind, would you rather have Von Miller or Carl Nicks?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
No way the Rams would pick Chance over Jarvis Jones. Chance is a nice OG prospect and would be a nice piece to the puzzle, but he'll never have the potential to take over a game like Jones could. That's where positional value comes into play. Taking both of these guys' ceilings into mind, would you rather have Von Miller or Carl Nicks?

If miller is only playing for 4-6 years and Nicks is playing for 10+, id rather have nicks.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather Nicks TBH that also means a more confident Sam

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
If we are at the top of the draft, then sure, no question. But if Jarvis has fallen all the way to 16, then the Spinal Stenosis is a real concern, and then I would pass on him.

For the record, I dont think its as big of a deal as most around here want to make it. I think they just use it as an excuse to pass on him just because they dont want their team drafting an OLB very high. But the only way Jarvis Jones is anywhere near #16 is because the medical is a real concern for all these teams.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Unproven? What has Warmack proved that Jones hasn't?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lunatic; if Jones falls to 16 then it's because he isn't cleared to play or teams aren't confident in him. Because if he is cleared to play, then he is a lock for a top 10 pick if not top 5.

and honestly, I think Warmack and Jones are close as far as prospects go and OG is much more a need than OLB is

^El Ramster^
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what our Doctors say about Jones.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: