Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Slot WRs to sign this offseason!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bennett, but if we can get a guy like Josh Boyce or Marquis Wilson that have talent and value where they are projected. Nothin wrong wit Earl competing is it?

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Osos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears don't need another slot receiver for Christ's sake. They need a guy with 4.3 speed on the outside to stretch the safties and open up the middle of the field.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears need a burner that can stretch the field but that person doesn't need to replace Bennett. Bennett is fine for what he is and should clearly be a part of the wr mix next year, as long as he stays healthy.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
The Bears need a burner that can stretch the field but that person doesn't need to replace Bennett. Bennett is fine for what he is and should clearly be a part of the wr mix next year, as long as he stays healthy.

THIS THIS THIS. couldn't have said it better than the first part of that post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
His production has gone down every year. Every year people say "this is his year" "this year he will breakout" Then every year his production drops. He has the easiest matchhup of all our WRs. Slot receivers can produce a lot more then he does.
His production went down from 2009 to 2010 b/c he went from being a starter to having to fight his way up from the depth chart. He also played in 2 less games. From 2010 to 2011 he played in 3 less games due to a potentially fatal injury, and was 3rd on the team in catches. His production in 2012 was damn near identical to 2011 (6 yards difference). No excuses need to be made, but I'm just reasonable I guess...
Actually bringing up the injuries in an excuse. We can get 400 yards and 2 TDs out of a min contract guy. I personally think we should keep Bennett but if the team feels they want more production from that position you can't blame them.
The team doesn't feel anything of the sort, the idiot fans who think that every WR on every team should be 1000 yard guy do. You apparently think any WR can fall off the turnip truck and outproduce him, yet he has outproduced all but 9 guys at his position on the depth chart in the entire NFL.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Bears54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: hmmmm.... Reply with quote

Bennett to me is an "ok" or "decent" slot WR to me. Alot of times he gets jammed or thrown off his route. He also has been injuried alot. People already said we need a "BURNER" who can stretch the field, someone who is quick and can run good routes. Someone that also can read defenses and find the hole for Cutler to throw.

My choice would be Kyle Williams.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/04/16/sleepersteal-alert-kyle-williams/

This guy ran a 4.42 at the NFL Combine and a 4.30 at his pro day. He to me would be a Johnny Knox type player that can run better routes. Yes, I know we have fewer draft picks this year. But if we could get Kyle Williams for a 5th or 6th round draft pick, why not use it to draft a guy who we seen play and know what he brings to the table. He could be that "substitute" for a draft pick. It would be like drafting Kyle Williams in the 6th round. He is 24 years old, young, and would come cheap.

I would make the trade!!!! Kyle Williams!!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
Bennett to me is an "ok" or "decent" slot WR to me. Alot of times he gets jammed or thrown off his route. He also has been injuried alot. People already said we need a "BURNER" who can stretch the field, someone who is quick and can run good routes. Someone that also can read defenses and find the hole for Cutler to throw.

My choice would be Kyle Williams.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/04/16/sleepersteal-alert-kyle-williams/

This guy ran a 4.42 at the NFL Combine and a 4.30 at his pro day. He to me would be a Johnny Knox type player that can run better routes. Yes, I know we have fewer draft picks this year. But if we could get Kyle Williams for a 5th or 6th round draft pick, why not use it to draft a guy who we seen play and know what he brings to the table. He could be that "substitute" for a draft pick. It would be like drafting Kyle Williams in the 6th round. He is 24 years old, young, and would come cheap.

I would make the trade!!!! Kyle Williams!!

Kyle Williams, he of 35 catches in 3 seasons and and just 144 catches the past seven years dating back to his freshman year in college, and who suffered a torn ACL in week 12, is not only someone you see as an upgrade over Bennett (153 catches the past 4 years) but someone for whom you would trade away a draft pick?

I will respectfully disagree.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Wes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can address OL in FA and round 1 of the draft, I would like to see us grab Tavon Austin if hes there in the 2nd. Playmaker.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl is a perfectly good #3 receiver and has proved it throughout his Bears tenure. If they cut him, it'll count at least 3.6 million against the cap (maybe more), plus paying another $4-5 mill and maybe a draft pick for someone who is a marginal upgrade at best. That makes no sense whatsoever. If you're talking about Welker/Jennings/Wallace to be your #3 and dumping Earl, then you're talking about devoting $14-15 million worth of cap space this year to the #3 WR position, which is nuts considering they desperately need O-line and TE help.

I've said it before, but the Bears basically just need Johnny Knox 2.0 to be their #4 (probably through the draft but maybe there's somebody out there).
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
His production has gone down every year. Every year people say "this is his year" "this year he will breakout" Then every year his production drops. He has the easiest matchhup of all our WRs. Slot receivers can produce a lot more then he does.
His production went down from 2009 to 2010 b/c he went from being a starter to having to fight his way up from the depth chart. He also played in 2 less games. From 2010 to 2011 he played in 3 less games due to a potentially fatal injury, and was 3rd on the team in catches. His production in 2012 was damn near identical to 2011 (6 yards difference). No excuses need to be made, but I'm just reasonable I guess...
Actually bringing up the injuries in an excuse. We can get 400 yards and 2 TDs out of a min contract guy. I personally think we should keep Bennett but if the team feels they want more production from that position you can't blame them.
The team doesn't feel anything of the sort, the idiot fans who think that every WR on every team should be 1000 yard guy do. You apparently think any WR can fall off the turnip truck and outproduce him, yet he has outproduced all but 9 guys at his position on the depth chart in the entire NFL.
The position you made up?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Does every team not have a WR that is 3rd on their depth chart?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:

THIS THIS THIS. couldn't have said it better than the first part of that post.

With an upgraded OL and Marshall and a healthy Jeffery, I'm thinking half of this Bears forum could be productive as our 3rd WR in 2013.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Does every team not have a WR that is 3rd on their depth chart?
#3 WR isnt a position. Most teams have 3 starting receivers for the X, Y and Z. You dont tell a WR to run on the field and line us as the #3. Bennett was our slot receiver.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team has enough needs that we do not need to manufacture needs in positions where we have a solid player like Bennett.

Why not put the resources into the OL and watch the entire offense, including Bennett, get better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: