Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Jermon Bushrod play OG?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Can Jermon Bushrod play OG? Reply with quote

On the Bears forum we have been discussing Jermon Bushrod and while we like him we keep coming back to his struggles in pass protection and how PFF grades him out lower than JMarus Webb.

Are his struggles in pass pro for real?

Could he potentially kick into OG and play at a higher level?
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's great in run support but struggles in pass protection. A switch to OG might be good for him.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Jermon Bushrod play OG? Reply with quote

He won't do it though...

He's got two pro-bowls to his name now and Tackle is where he will see the most money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Jermon Bushrod play OG? Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
He's great in run support but struggles in pass protection. A switch to OG might be good for him.

whodatworm23 wrote:
He won't do it though...

He's got two pro-bowls to his name now and Tackle is where he will see the most money.

Agreed on both accounts.

He'd be a better OG than OT, but he's got enough recognition as a OT that he would not want to move.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Jermon Bushrod play OG? Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

whodatworm23 wrote:
He won't do it though...

Agreed on both accounts.

He'd be a better OG than OT, but he's got enough recognition as a OT that he would not want to move.

Didn't even think of that. He'd probably lose millions if he switched to OG. I could see him signing as a LT and THEN transitioning to OG but what team wants to pay an OG, LT money? Besides us of course Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Jermon Bushrod play OG? Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
He won't do it though...

I think if he could/would make the switch go to the right side he would be aming the top RTs in the NFL, just right now he has to go against the likes of Abraham, Charles Johnson, and other top des 2 times a year plus other elite pass rushers. Putting him on the right side he would be much better.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems the general consensus is he's not a LT, fortunately for him, he got into the Pro Bowl at LT TWICE off his name/Saints reputation, so he has no reason to move and some team will be dumb enough to throw a LT contract at him. Oh well, we'll likely get a high compensation pick for it so I ain't mad Cool

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
So it seems the general consensus is he's not a LT, fortunately for him, he got into the Pro Bowl at LT TWICE off his name/Saints reputation, so he has no reason to move and some team will be dumb enough to throw a LT contract at him. Oh well, we'll likely get a high compensation pick for it so I ain't mad Cool

Call me crazy but I think this team can win with Brown, Strief and Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Call me crazy but I think this team can win with Brown, Strief and Jones.

I love Charles Brown, I think he's going to be a great RT. Marcel Jones is a HUGE body, but I don't feel he has the feet for LT. I think they are grooming him to take over for Jahri Evans in the next 2-3 years.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think he is getting top LT money.

What if he is signed for what he is going to get lets say 6-7 million and then asked to move to OG?

We are wondering if Kromer brings him in for what the market dictates and then moves him to RT or OG.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

What if he is signed for what he is going to get and then asked to move to OG?

We are wondering if Kromer brings him in for what the market dictates and then moves him to RT or OG.

I could see a move to RT.

I think he'd really put up a fight to move to OG, especially if he feels he was brought in to be LT and tricked. 2 seasons as a pro bowl LT and you've got some leverage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

What if he is signed for what he is going to get lets say 6-7 million and then asked to move to OG?

Considering Kromer groomed him as a LT, I really can't imagine him suddenly thinking he's not capable of playing LT.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Considering Kromer groomed him as a LT, I really can't imagine him suddenly thinking he's not capable of playing LT.

good point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think he'd really put up a fight to move to OG, especially if he feels he was brought in to be LT and tricked. 2 seasons as a pro bowl LT and you've got some leverage.

How did he make the Pro Bowl this season?

His pass protection numbers were not very good. Is Kromer a fan of his at LT or did he play there because he was the best option?
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

How did he make the Pro Bowl this season?

His pass protection numbers were not very good. Is Kromer a fan of his at LT or did he play there because he was the best option?

Well we did draft Charles brown in the second round after his first pro bowl season if that tells you anything.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: