Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams claim former Lions WR Titus Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Guy is a talented guy. Dont think you go receiver in round 1 now.

They'd be silly to let this affect their draft strategy as far as I'm concerned. It's not like Young was tearing it up in Detroit even when he wasn't busy giving the rest of the team cancer.

Young did pretty well last year.

Frankly, TY obviously has problems, but don't act like the Lions are the Patriots or something. They're a frat house full of undisciplined guys. Young may act very differently under better leadership.

We had 6 guys who were trouble makers and 3 were cut. Try again.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
A change of scenery was needed....Just wasn't going to work out with the Lions.

As for Titus' impact (If he doesn't do anything stupid), he has a good skill-set. He isn't blazing fast but can get downfield when asked. Solid route-runner getting in and out of breaks/cuts hopefully he improves in that area. He disappears in stretches of games so consistency is a big issue with him. He will drop some passes, but his hands aren't terrible.

He may also line up wherever he wants whenever he wants.

Why are y'all acting like -holes. I'm pretty sure they get it, in fact who doesn't? Instead of ruining their thread with pointless, snide remarks add something constructive...How does he fare against their division, his strengths, can he play X, Y, Z, etc.

--------
Which brings me to a point I forgot: He can play inside, but outside is where he is much better suited. In a division with bigger, and more physical corner play he will be able to exploit them with his quickness and change of direction ability like he showed in our match-up against Seattle.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:

As for Titus' impact (If he doesn't do anything stupid), he has a good skill-set. He isn't blazing fast but can get downfield when asked. Solid route-runner getting in and out of breaks/cuts hopefully he improves in that area. He disappears in stretches of games so consistency is a big issue with him. He will drop some passes, but his hands aren't terrible.

Why are y'all acting like -holes. I'm pretty sure they get it, in fact who doesn't? Instead of ruining their thread with pointless, snide remarks add something constructive...How does he fare against their division, his strengths, can he play X, Y, Z, etc.

--------
Which brings me to a point I forgot: He can play inside, but outside is where he is much better suited. In a division with bigger, and more physical corner play he will be able to exploit them with his quickness and change of direction ability like he showed in our match-up against Seattle.

We understand, There is bad blood between you guys and Young. Dude did a god awful things. We all understand that. But like I said jokingly, This is America! Land of second chances.

We have had our run ins before with troubled players.

Just this last draft was filled with legit character concerns. But Fisher demands respect.

I really love this signing as Young adds so much speed. You can question his character, his attitude and his loyalties. But you can't deny his talent.

Just looking at some of his highlights. He bailed out Matthew a ton of times, Some of those throws are woeful. High and in the middle!

I like the fact that he want's to be that guy. We need a guy like that. He's gonna play with a chip on his shoulder.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:

Agreed, if he can keep his head straight, he'll be a nightmare especially against physical corners. If he makes it to the 53-man roster, I'm looking forward to seeing him torch the Seachickens Twisted Evil
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With his speed has he ever been utilized in the return game? A glaring need for us.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:

--------

Did he not line up wrong? I'm pretty sure he did. Adding that on as part of the story isn't wrong. It is what it is. If you don't like it you can get over it. You're not required to respond if you have an issue with it. It wasn't posted to cause an issue, but you turned it into one. There's no need to go breaking the rules and using profanity and calling people out. If you have a problem, do it via PM, and don't break rules in the process of bringing it up.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
With his speed has he ever been utilized in the return game? A glaring need for us.

Not for the Lions.

He had 56 Kickoff returns in college (2 TD's), and 11 punt returns. He could probably do so if asked to do it, and if he's willing to do it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:

--------

Did he not line up wrong? I'm pretty sure he did. Adding that on as part of the story isn't wrong. It is what it is. If you don't like it you can get over it. You're not required to respond if you have an issue with it. It wasn't posted to cause an issue, but you turned it into one. There's no need to go breaking the rules and using profanity and calling people out. If you have a problem, do it via PM, and don't break rules in the process of bringing it up.

He's right though. I don't think any of us are confused about who Young is as a person so why respond to someone finally actually giving a neutral report of his skills...rather this personality...with a pointless snide remark?

I'd love to hear you thoughts on Young's skill-set but if you're only here to tell us about his cruddy personality, you don't need to waste your time. We know. I hate the kid's personality. I hope the move pans out but I'm not expecting much.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:

--------

I think that has been brought up enough. As other Ram poster have said
"we get it". No sense in trying to beat a dead horse brotha.

lionsfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

They'd be silly to let this affect their draft strategy as far as I'm concerned. It's not like Young was tearing it up in Detroit even when he wasn't busy giving the rest of the team cancer.

Frankly, TY obviously has problems, but don't act like the Lions are the Patriots or something. They're a frat house full of undisciplined guys. Young may act very differently under better leadership.

The Lions have far more character guys in that locker room than they have idiots, and talk about bringing up things that distract Lions posters from actually giving realistic expectations of what Young Sr. brings to the table...Not once did any Lions fan come in and say we are the model franchise for discipline, but they did come to warn you, and maybe bitterly, that Young Sr. is no model of discipline himself.

Young Sr. projects best to the outside so he can utilize space, he most likely will refuse to play the slot because of his ego even though he could find success there, and IMO he doesn't have good hands and will struggle to make catches if challenged or in traffic. His strong suits are that he runs good routes and is quick more than fast generally giving him the ability to create some separation.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionsfan4life wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

The Lions have far more character guys in that locker room than they have idiots, and talk about bringing up things that distract Lions posters from actually giving realistic expectations of what Young Sr. brings to the table...Not once did any Lions fan come in and say we are the model franchise for discipline, but they did come to warn you, and maybe bitterly, that Young Sr. is no model of discipline himself.

Did you happen to notice that the person who originally made the comment isn't a Rams forum poster? Just thought I'd point that out...

As for the second part of your post, thank you for the analysis...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus Young is a bonehead and a locker room cancer?

This I did not know...

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:

This I did not know...

Wow, wait a minute.....

Does anyone have a link?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL.. What are the Chances Titus balls so hard?

20% for me. But hands down dude is better than Gibby.

My poor, Poor, sweet and delicate Gibby.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
iRaMs wrote:

This I did not know...

Wow, wait a minute.....

Does anyone have a link?

No...I thought you did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: