Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young Claimed By St. Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Jeff Fisher won't tolerate the nonsense. The Lions have a weird culture where Suh seems to be completely out of control with his dirty play and then the Titus Young stuff. Jeff Fisher does not play those games.

The Lions didn't tolerate his behavior either. They punished him several times, and then they cut him.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Its a NO risk, decent reward signing. If he succeeds, they got a good WR for no compensation...If he starts acting up, you cut him with no penalty. I don't see the issue.

Honest question, for anyone that wants to respond. We seem to have folks claiming this on at least a couple of pickups every off-season. How many of them have actually worked out? I'm not trying to be smug, I'm legitimately interested.

Rarely, the point is, theirs literally no risk involved. If he acts up you cut him, simple as that. A guy with his talent is certainly worth it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the double standards hilarious.....hilarious

So many people saying he should be booted for good. Never allowed back.

Some of same people saying he will do better and deserves a chance with Stl.

Awesome.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
lilant2398

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
And Ace, by the way, I've never denied whether my team plays dirty or not. Because I don't care. Doesn't really bother me unless they are blatantly going out of their way to inflict injury.

And in those rare cases when I thought it was a cheap shot, I did call out a Rams player. Including Moose Ojinnaka for that cheap shot on Fletcher during that game.

But I don't want to hear anything about being dirty from you. The Zone Blocking Scheme that makes your running game so effective has been called dirty and dangerous by numerous teams and players around the league for over a decade now. Denver was considered to be one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL during Shanahan's time there and they inflicted serious injuries on many DLs utilizing questionable tactics in that ZBS.

So you're being a giant hypocrite here by playing the victim. Your team utilizes a blocking scheme that's dangerous and reviled around the league. My team gets chippy and gets too physical on defense. Both are trademarks of their Head Coaches...who, by the way, are actually very good friends.

Get over it. You lost, fair and square. Bradford out-dueled Griffin on that day.

Not upset about the loss, jrry
More upset about the injuries in 1 game, that probably could have been prevented or avoided. Could have been the difference of going 10-6 to maybe reaching 11-5 or 12-4 having Orakpo & Carriker in the lineup.

It doesn't matter anymore and what happened..happened.

We can and will get over it as a team.

Rams however, made the fatal franchise mistake.
They passed on RGIII and stuck with Bradford.
That's a decision, that will haunt the Rams for over a decade or more.

So thanks for trading us your #2 pick, and helping us become relevant again after 20 yrs.
Smile

We appreciate it!

the guy that tore the ACL and LCL and meniscus in his right knee? and suffered probably numerous concussions in his rookie year? that guy?
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
And Ace, by the way, I've never denied whether my team plays dirty or not. Because I don't care. Doesn't really bother me unless they are blatantly going out of their way to inflict injury.

And in those rare cases when I thought it was a cheap shot, I did call out a Rams player. Including Moose Ojinnaka for that cheap shot on Fletcher during that game.

But I don't want to hear anything about being dirty from you. The Zone Blocking Scheme that makes your running game so effective has been called dirty and dangerous by numerous teams and players around the league for over a decade now. Denver was considered to be one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL during Shanahan's time there and they inflicted serious injuries on many DLs utilizing questionable tactics in that ZBS.

So you're being a giant hypocrite here by playing the victim. Your team utilizes a blocking scheme that's dangerous and reviled around the league. My team gets chippy and gets too physical on defense. Both are trademarks of their Head Coaches...who, by the way, are actually very good friends.

Get over it. You lost, fair and square. Bradford out-dueled Griffin on that day.

Not upset about the loss, jrry
More upset about the injuries in 1 game, that probably could have been prevented or avoided. Could have been the difference of going 10-6 to maybe reaching 11-5 or 12-4 having Orakpo & Carriker in the lineup.

It doesn't matter anymore and what happened..happened.

We can and will get over it as a team.

Rams however, made the fatal franchise mistake.
They passed on RGIII and stuck with Bradford.
That's a decision, that will haunt the Rams for over a decade or more.

So thanks for trading us your #2 pick, and helping us become relevant again after 20 yrs.
Smile

We appreciate it!

the guy that tore the ACL and LCL and meniscus in his right knee? and suffered probably numerous concussions in his rookie year? that guy?

And for the back to back 1st round picks Laughing

For the Rams.. we made the right decision ha

Welcome to St. Louis Robinson, Donald, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, Mason, and Sam
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam bradford stinks

jeff fisher stinks

titus young stinks

jimho tifwiw
KILLER LIONZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Jeff Fisher won't tolerate the nonsense. The Lions have a weird culture where Suh seems to be completely out of control with his dirty play and then the Titus Young stuff. Jeff Fisher does not play those games.

How is Suh out of control? He stomped a guys arm and was punished. The only other thing you could say he's done is the kick to the groin this year which might have been an accident we have no way of knowing.

We punished Young multiple times and he never learned so we released him. Our culture in Detroit is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this thread is full of even more garbage than the one in the Rams forum. We get it he's no model citizen. We get it Lions fans don't like him. We get it some people think the Rams were stupid for not drafting RG3.

Rams fans also get, and hopefully so does Young, that we have nothing to lose by rolling the dice on this. We have a need at WR and put a claim in on a very immature and troubled young man with a lot of talent. Yes people do get second chances after doing stupid things. People have done stupid things and hurt others and yes they get a second chance. People have been busted for doing drugs they shouldn't do and gotten second chances. People have broken laws and gotten second chances. Whether we think they deserve them or not is immaterial.

Can we get back to the topic of this thread? The Rams put a claim in on Young, turns out they were the only ones to do so. Personally I put a 50/50 chance he even makes it out of training camp. If he does it gives us another talented, speedy outside WR. We also have a need in KR/PR. Fisher has firm control over his team and will tolerate no garbage from anybody. Hopefully he can turn this kid around.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams cut a problem player and he's now in the pro bowl (Richie Incognito). Hopefully, Young can do the same.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
albo23 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins, Cortland Finnegan, and Titus Young? Good luck.

A very interesting trio, i'd love to see the TC fights Laughing

because janoris and young have history of fighting?...... ok

Young does considering he got into a fight with Delmas.... Laughing

Not much of a fight. Titus sucker punched Delmas during a practice. Then got sent home and was told to stay away from the team during training camp.

Titus got suspended at Boise St. for fighting a teammate as well.

But according to Rams fans, Titus has never had an issue before this last one. It's not Titus' fault, it's the teams. And apparently he's a slot receiver. Man, this is going to be fun to watch. Laughing

Wait wait wait.... STL fans think he's a slot receiver?

el.0.el

Good luck getting him to go up the middle.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slot receiver? Of coarse not. He will be lined up outside opposite of Givens with Amendola in the slot. That's a whole lot of speed and quickness. Once Quick develops, he has the size and strength to be a Boldin type.
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
The good news=low risk-high reward if he can get his act together.
The bad news=Rams fans are now running out of excuses, for when Bradford stinks up the joint now that he has more weapons to throw too.

no wait..they still have the o-line excuse

Laughing

Well, that's based on the assumption that Bradford stunk up the joint in 2012 which would be a wrong one. It's also based on the assumption that he'll stink in 2013.

What are your excuses going to be when your cripple of a QB suddenly isn't a good passer anymore without his running ability?

(And I hate saying that because I actually like RGIII but some of you Redskin fans are intolerable)

Is it bad if I agree with you? lol
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is the Rams risk very little here. It was a smart move to get someone with his talent and if he starts to act up they just cut him.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping he would not get a chance with anyone Confused

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Its a NO risk, decent reward signing. If he succeeds, they got a good WR for no compensation...If he starts acting up, you cut him with no penalty. I don't see the issue.

Honest question, for anyone that wants to respond. We seem to have folks claiming this on at least a couple of pickups every off-season. How many of them have actually worked out? I'm not trying to be smug, I'm legitimately interested.

Rarely, the point is, theirs literally no risk involved. If he acts up you cut him, simple as that. A guy with his talent is certainly worth it.

Actually I'd argue there is risk. You're introducing a potentially volatile member into your locker room (even if it's only in limited capacity) and you're conveying a message to your current locker room (and any subsequent draft picks) that as long as you're talented there will always be second chances for you if you screw around. I'm not saying that's not an attitude that's already been conveyed by Fisher with his current reclamation home for wayward boys in Jenkins and Johnson, or that this is at all unexpected because Jeff Fisher quite frankly has never paid much concern to the past character issues of incoming players. But to suggest there's no risk simply isn't true. This can have the potential to sour a locker room attitude quickly if the negative element gets out of hand.

Also, I found the post saying that the culture in Detroit (which was established and is run by a guy who learned pretty much everything he knows from Jeff Fisher) is somehow drastically different from what Jeff Fisher does. It's damn near carbon copy of how Fisher ran things in Tennessee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: