Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st mock of the year, definitely not the last.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: 1st mock of the year, definitely not the last. Reply with quote

Key depatures:
Steven Jackson-As much as I love Steven and love the leadership he brings to the team, he will be wanting to much for us to give, not saying he won't get it, I see Green Bay giving it to him.
Danny Amendola- Danny is a very good slot reciever, unfortunately he will be wanting good reciever money, not slot reciever money. He has talent in the slot but his lack there of for ability outside the numbers and his injury history I say we must part ways.
Quintin Mikell I like Q I really do and I wouldn't be dissapointed if he stayed but the problem is he is owed way to much money and would free up alot of cap space.

Key Free Agents:

Rashard Mendenhall RB I think with losing Steven leaving we need to address the RB position in either FA or the draft and I think Rashard would be a good addition to this team. I just don't really buy into Pead honestly, hopefully I'm wrong but if I had to make a guess I don't think he will be anything special.
Kenny Phillips SS We need to fill the void of having two new safeties on defense with the release of Quintin Mikell and Craig "what the hell am I supposed to do" Dahl. Phillips brings that play making ability to this team and sures up the SS position.
Daryl Smith OLB Daryl Smith comes in day 1 and completes this LB corps with JL55 and Jo Lonn Dunbar and we have a top 5 defense in my opinion (not saying Daryl Smith is the piece were missing but along with him and some other moves we will have a top 5 defense.

2013 NFL Draft

Round 1 Pick 16

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

People talking about him going top 10 or top 5 is honestly insane to me. I get he is one of the best guard prospects in a very long time but so was David Decastro last year and he fell to Pittsburgh at 24 I believe. With getting Chance we get, IMO, the best player in the draft and finally buys some time for Sam and helps the running game.

Round 1 pick 22

Coradarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Patterson has the skill and the ability to go top 10 if you ask me but I don't see him going that high (if that makes any sense) He is the big physical reciever we have been longing for and hoping for since the Drew Bennett signing (oh boy, remember that?) he can straight up ball. He can go up and get the ball, he can beat press coverage and he has the YAC ability. I would be the first one lining up for my Cordarrelle Patterson jersey.

Round 2

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama

Drafting the entire Alabama line it looksl ike huh? Fluker is a first round talent I think but he falls into our laps in the second round. He has short arms and relatively heavy feet, which is why he isn't a left tackle but that is why I think he will be a great RT in the NFL. He plays bigger than he actually is, which is a scary thought and playing under Saban you know he isn't dumb.

Round 3

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

Has very good size at about 6'1" 225lbs. Pairs very nicely with Kenny Phillips for years on end suring up our safety positions. He can lay the wood but also can cover. Also with his size he can come up in the box and blitz, something our opponents are gonna get sick of.

Round 4

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

Lance Kendricks really came on last season, showing he does have the ability to be a playmaker in this league, but in a league where the top teams have 2 go to TE's we need to jump on that train. He has the ability to be a Gronk type of player, will he tap into that in the NFL is the question, but I really do think he will be a real playmaker because he won't be the go to option with Kendricks on the other side.

Round 5

Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa

Could really add some depth with Cort, Tru, and Janoris.

Round 6

Everette Dawkins, DT, FSU

Dawkins could go higher than this and I wouldn't be shocked but I think with the depth in this draft he will fall to us.
Round 7

Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State

Proven leader. Brings that to the locker room and can learn from JL55 on how to be a pro.

Ok guys what do you all think of this? [/b]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Patterson may be a big receiver, he's definitely not the physical type of a receiver. He's pretty much a big slot receiver if you ask me. Really don't have a good feeling about him panning out.

Wouldn't have a problem with Fluker, but by the way, he has very long arms. It's the heavy feet and poor footwork overall that are gonna make him drop. I'd prefer him to play as a guard but with us taking Warmack, I'd be alright with Fluker at RT

^El Ramster^

If you're into hardcore/metal, check out my band: Portrait of a Prophecy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-of-a-Prophecy/118264468260007
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see Patterson having a ton of skill. He's an athletic marvel for sure but as for having great hands, route running, blocking and etc he's far from having tons of those skills.

Imo with Young and Quick both being massive wild cards we need a WR who we know will come in and be solid. That's why I prefer Hopkins, Wheaton, Williams and Allen over Patterson.

Plus I do not want Mendenhall. No need to add an older back. If we don't like our depth draft one rather than sign one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: