Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

John Clayton thinks the Broncos as the most likely team to reach next year's Super Bowl.

Quote:
Even better, the Broncos have the league's easiest schedule next season. They play teams that had a combined record of 110-146 in 2012.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8912880/early-super-bowl-favorites-2013
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
John Clayton thinks the Broncos as the most likely team to reach next year's Super Bowl.

Quote:
Even better, the Broncos have the league's easiest schedule next season. They play teams that had a combined record of 110-146 in 2012.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8912880/early-super-bowl-favorites-2013

This is surprising coming from John Clayton as he is a notorious Broncos hater. More importantly, it's based on flimsy analysis, which is about all we can expect from ESPN.

One, look at our division opponents. San Diego, Oakland and Kansas City were a combined 13-35 (.270) last year and we have six games with them. Oakland I don't think will make major strides but KC will be much improved thanks to a) a change in the culture of the franchise and b) competent coaching. The Chiefs, even if they have a rookie or a journeyman QB, will be a 6-7 win team next year. We saw what getting rid of the "Patriot Way" and horrible coaching did here, I expect a similar result in KC. The Chargers I also think will be improved. Norv wasn't an awful coach like Crennel and we don't know what we're going to get from McCoy, but a fresh start will do that Chargers well. I still think we're the best team in the division by a wide stretch, but the other 3 won't be laughing stocks that they were last year.

Two, we haven't been through free agency, the draft, trades, mini camps, OTAs, training camp or the preseason. There will be big moves made, there will be injuries, not just for our team and our division opponents but for everyone on everyone's schedule.

Predicting who will compete in the Super Bowl next year is as foolish and shallow as predicting what movies will win the Emmys next year before any of the movies have even hit the theater.

For the record, our opponents are as follows:

Home: SD, KC, OAK, JAX, TEN, PHI, WSH, BAL
Road: SD, KC, OAK, HOU, IND, DAL, NYG, NE

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very appealing home schedule other than Baltimore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is 1997/1998 all over again.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Y2K is coming!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schedule is pretty nice, I gotta say. The thing is, we'll be playing teams that are usually tough regardless of record, especially the NFCE so that'll be better prep for playoffs.

Thanks, Tzimisce
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Not a very appealing home schedule other than Baltimore.

Washington is more appealing than Baltimore, IMO.

The road schedule looks brutal. Can we switch home & away games Confused
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has to be the most ridiculous way to judge strength of schedule I've ever seen. It's really pretty funny. Laughing

Just add up the wins and losses of our opponents (oh yeah, count the Raiders and KC twice) and Voila! Strength of schedule.

Gee, if we just look at the other 12 games on our schedule (-KC/Oak) combined record is 98-94.

What a bunch of morons! Laughing
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
That has to be the most ridiculous way to judge strength of schedule I've ever seen. It's really pretty funny. Laughing

Just add up the wins and losses of our opponents (oh yeah, count the Raiders and KC twice) and Voila! Strength of schedule.

Gee, if we just look at the other 12 games on our schedule (-KC/Oak) combined record is 98-94.

....but that IS what strength of schedule is lol. It's the relative win percentage of the teams.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

....but that IS what strength of schedule is lol. It's the relative win percentage of the teams.

But, actually it's not. it's an absolute misuse of an average and has no relevance to any kind of actual win loss projection. it's completely skewed. Using their averages, we're facing a bunch of 7-9 teams. Should win 'em all.

Truth is we face 4 really lousy teams (2 of em twice) After that, all but 1 of the AFC playoff teams including the SB winner is on our schedule. Add in the NFC East and it's a much better picture. Of the 6 teams in the AFC that finished with 10+ wins, we play 4 of them.

Trust me on averages, math , and correct applications. I was a Math/EE major.

If they want to try to apply an average, they'd have to break it down into 4 game segments to get any kind of accurate picture. Otherwise, it's missapplied gibberish and means nothing.
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Good for the Broncos, bad for me. Caught in a bad romance (x2).

12-4 looks realistic, but I think we win the division with that record this time around. We lost to Pittsburgh during the season but beat them on the road in the playoffs. NE looks up to the challenge.

broncos67 wrote:

Last year we supposedly had the toughest schedule (before the season started) but half the teams we faced flopped. Each year is a 50% crap shoot.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Y2K is coming!

Here come the shape shifters!
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 schedule Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

For the record, our opponents are as follows:

Home: SD, KC, OAK, JAX, TEN, PHI, WSH, BAL
Road: SD, KC, OAK, HOU, IND, DAL, NYG, NE

The official schedule comes out in two weeks (April 16th).

There lots of speculation that the week 1 game will be a home game against Baltimore.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos are playing 9 of the 16 games against teams with legitimate QB play. Teams without: OAK (twice), JAX, TEN, PHI and KC (twice). That also doesnt consider Washington (will RGIII be healthy) and San Diego (Manning owns Rivers).

The Broncos schedule should be a walk in the park if you consider how much better this offense will be in Mannings 2nd season (and the addition of Welker), as well as, the likely improved defense (with the return of JDR for the 2nd year).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Denver starts on the road against NYG, which has been rumored, but not by anyone credible, I will be livid. I know NBC wants their ratings and I respect that, but the Broncos seem to always be the team getting shafted by the schedule because they can never have a 415 home opener on a Sunday because of freaking tennis.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: