Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan and Romeo Crennel leading candidates for Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Crennel looks out of the picture. I think that this is a good thing. It would have taken a few years to acquire the talent needed to have a 2-gap defense. Might as well have continued with Spags.

As of now, it is a two dog race between Rob Ryan and Todd Grantham. The Saints are also considering a third candidate but have to get permission from the team first. They have already been blocked by the 49ers to speak to Tomsula and Donatell. My guess is that it would be Keith Butler (LB coach; Steelers- unlikely considering Steelers block everything), Ted Monachino (LB coach; Ravens), or Teryl Austin (DB coach; Ravens)

I think that Ryan or Grantham would be a good pick because the Saints personel would work best in a 3-4 one-gap defense.

I haven't heard anything about Tomsula being blocked?

I haven't heard it either. But you would imagine that if the Saints asked...the 49ers would say no.

I get it...but I hope that their refusal to allow their coaches to move onto bigger and brighter things ends up coming back to bite them on future hires.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Pookie wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Crennel looks out of the picture. I think that this is a good thing. It would have taken a few years to acquire the talent needed to have a 2-gap defense. Might as well have continued with Spags.

As of now, it is a two dog race between Rob Ryan and Todd Grantham. The Saints are also considering a third candidate but have to get permission from the team first. They have already been blocked by the 49ers to speak to Tomsula and Donatell. My guess is that it would be Keith Butler (LB coach; Steelers- unlikely considering Steelers block everything), Ted Monachino (LB coach; Ravens), or Teryl Austin (DB coach; Ravens)

I think that Ryan or Grantham would be a good pick because the Saints personel would work best in a 3-4 one-gap defense.

I haven't heard it either. But you would imagine that if the Saints asked...the 49ers would say no.

I get it...but I hope that their refusal to allow their coaches to move onto bigger and brighter things ends up coming back to bite them on future hires.

Wait.

So, you said "They have already been blocked by the 49ers to speak to Tomsula and Donatell"

And then he asked "I haven't heard anything about Tomsula being blocked?"

To which you responded "I haven't heard it either."

And then followed with "but I hope that their refusal to allow their coaches to move onto bigger and brighter things ends up coming back to bite them on future hires."

I am really confused. Confused

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Pookie wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

They blocked us from Donatell so most likely they'd do the same for Tomsula...

Wait.

So, you said "They have already been blocked by the 49ers to speak to Tomsula and Donatell"

And then followed with "but I hope that their refusal to allow their coaches to move onto bigger and brighter things ends up coming back to bite them on future hires."

FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think since the Niners blocked us from Donatell, he's assuming they'd block us from Tomsula, as well.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
Pookie wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

Wait.

I am speculating that they would also block Tomsula from leaving. As of this time, it is NOT public knowledge that the Saints even requested an interview with Tomsula. Sorry for the confusion. Hope to clear that up.
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Rob Ryan would be a good fit for the Saints. He'll do a lot to improve that defense.

They were far and away the worst D in the league last year even you as a DC could improve them Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: