Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ABNB Mock Off Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: ABNB Mock Off Season Reply with quote

*** TOP PRIORITIES***
1. Michael Bennett
2. Ronde Barber
3. Roy Miller
*** FREE AGENTS ***
- These are the free agents that I think we should go after. Do we sign them
†all? Maybe not so I put them in order on how I think we should go after them.
1. Cary Williams - 6'1 195lbs - CB - Baltimore
††††† Big, Physical cornerback who has played exceptionally well over the
††††† past two seasons, especially this past post season. Solid cornerback
††††† who is good in run support. Tampa should waste no time getting Williams
††††† in Pewter and Red.
2. Martellus Bennett - 6'6 265lbs - TE - Giants
††††† Big time target for Freeman. Solid pass catcher but is a dominant run
††††† blocker so he would be a natural fit for what we want to do down here.
††††† I think he would come down to Tampa to play with his brother who will
††††† have some very nice nice things to say about the Buccaneers.
3. Dwight Freeny - 6'1 268lbs - RE - Indianapolis
††††† With his age being a factor and him being a poor fit for the system, I dont
††††† think the Colts choose to retain him. I think he could be an effective pass
††††† rusher. Giving the fact that Clayborn is coming off a knee injury, we could
††††† use Freeny in obvious pass rushing situations. Let him pin his ears back
††††† and get after the quarterback.
4. Glenn Dorsey - 6'1 310lbs - DT - Kansas City
††††† Not a good fit in Kansas City so hasn't been a big factor for the Chiefs. I
††††† think he could getback to his college days putting him next to McCOy in
††††† our attacking 4-3 style of defense. would be in on 3rd downs and pass
††††† rushing situations and could even spell McCoy when needed.
*** 2013 NFL DRAFT ***
- Buccaneers trade down to 19-22 and pick up another 3rd or 4th
1. Xavier Rhodes - 6'2 215lbs - CB - Florida State
WalterFootball wrote:
Rhodes is a big cornerback who is very physical with receivers. He does a good job in press-man coverage. Off the snap, Rhodes limits the release with a strong jam and rerouting skills. He has the speed and athletic ability to run with receivers after the jam. Rhodes does a good job of not allowing separation and keeping his man covered. Rhodes showed the ability to match up with an elite receiver in his battle against Floyd. The Irish wideout couldn't beat Rhodes with speed or size. Rhodes is a good run defender who is capable of putting on some nice hits on ball-carriers. Rhodes would probably be best playing press-man coverage or zone coverage in the NFL. Lining up off the ball and picking up a receiver in man coverage may not be a good fit for Rhodes' skill set. In that regard, a player who is similar to Rhodes is Alabama's Dre Kirkpatrick.

2. Tavon Austin - 5'9 175lbs - WR/KR/PR - West Virginia
Tom Melton wrote:
Tavon Austin is a special player and he definitely reminds me of a smaller Percy Harvin. He doesnít have Harvinís insane strength that makes him so rare, but his playmaking ability is comparable and his versatility is certainly similar. Some teams will knock him for his size and wonder if he can hold up at the next level, but as long as heís not relied upon to be an every down back I donít think that will be an issue for him. Heís going to be able to get touches out of the backfield as a running back thanks to his vision and burst, heís going to be a playmaker in the slot and as a return man. His limited range that he presents as a target will hold him back a bit, but he is so versatile and such a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands that I think he will have a long, successful NFL career as long as he can stay healthy. I personally believe he will.

3. Khaseem Greene - 6'2 235lbs - SLB- Rutgers
FFToolBox wrote:

Rutgers Scarlet Knights outside linebacker Khaseem Greene is a well-balanced prospect with a natural knack for being around the ball. There are few shortcomings in his overall game. Greene makes the most of his average athleticism. Rangy against the run and can work sideline to sideline. Flows naturally to the ball and can play downhill when called upon. Physical tackler who looks to drive ball-carriers hard into the ground. Breaks down and wraps up very well in open space. Plays well in coverage and can work short, crossing routes. Has experience as a safety, which gives him a big leg up on other players at his position. Still learning the position to some extent and the finer details. Has only played OLB for two seasons. Will continue to improve when he enters the NFL. Stays on his assignment well and can be the emotional leader of the defense. Great weight room guy. Great agility and lateral movements for his position.

3b/4a. D.J. Swearinger 6'0 210lbs - FS - South Carolina

4. Brennan Williams - 6'7 315lbs - RT - North Carolina

5. Mike Gillislee - 5'11 210lbs - RB - Florida

6. Levine Toilolo - 6'7 255lbs - TE - Stanford

7. Terry Hawthorne - 6'0 190lbs - CB - Illinois

I will be adding pictures and maybe higlights later on because im posting from my phone right now.

GO AHEAD LET ME HAVE IT
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it alot but after the second round many of those guys will be gone..

Swearinger is getting some first round love, Gillislee is an SEC proven RB with minimal wear, he'll go 3-4th range. Terry Hawthorne could go second-fourth range.

Love the Free Agency though Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I like it alot but after the second round many of those guys will be gone..

Swearinger is getting some first round love, Gillislee is an SEC proven RB with minimal wear, he'll go 3-4th range. Terry Hawthorne could go second-fourth range.

Love the Free Agency though Smile

I used cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings for help

I went by where they had prospects rated. I'm sure some guys will improve their draft status after the combine.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. But it is unrealistic.

garbage
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe you are missing a pick we already have 2 4th round picks plus then u have us trading back in the 1st to get a 4th or 3rd
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
i believe you are missing a pick we already have 2 4th round picks plus then u have us trading back in the 1st to get a 4th or 3rd

i like the FA moves minus FREENEY hes too old and will want some decent amount of $$$
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty good article that i think most of you have probably already read.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8919798/2013-nfl-free-agency-reggie-bush-cary-williams-buyer-beware-free-agents

This is kind of a "take it for what its worth" because i still would love for us to go after Sean Smith and yest they lost him in this article along with Williams. My main argument for Smith is that, when he is on his game, he is a true #1 shutdown CB. Cary Williams at his best, is still just a #2 CB. I just dont see him as a true #1 corner. Now if Williams isnt looking for #1 CB money, i have no problem signing him to mid of line contract. But i think he is going to ask for #1 money, and i just dont think he deserves it.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
This is a pretty good article that i think most of you have probably already read.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8919798/2013-nfl-free-agency-reggie-bush-cary-williams-buyer-beware-free-agents

This is kind of a "take it for what its worth" because i still would love for us to go after Sean Smith and yest they lost him in this article along with Williams. My main argument for Smith is that, when he is on his game, he is a true #1 shutdown CB. Cary Williams at his best, is still just a #2 CB. I just dont see him as a true #1 corner. Now if Williams isnt looking for #1 CB money, i have no problem signing him to mid of line contract. But i think he is going to ask for #1 money, and i just dont think he deserves it.

Can't read the article because I'm not an "insider". Cary Williams is the cornerback I want but I wouldn't mind Sean Smith.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

Can't read the article because I'm not an "insider". Cary Williams is the cornerback I want but I wouldn't mind Sean Smith.

Well what is says is that Cary Williams surrendered 45 first downs this year which was the 2nd highest among all corner backs. Pretty much it is saying he isnt worth #1 CB money. Which is my biggest point about him. I just dont see a true shutdown CB in him.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: