Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is starting in the 3-4??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Who is starting in the 3-4?? Reply with quote

Obviously there are some carryovers from last year that will start...our D line should be set..Ward and Haden will start. That's five starters. Can we rely on Gocong coming off of injury at OLB can sheard transition to OLB? DQ? He struggled last time we ran a 3-4. Does a different gap alignment free him up? Can JMJ stay healthy and take over the role? Who is our other starting corner? Gipson at FS? We can hopefully get starters in first and third round..still seems like we are two starters short...without even taking into account injuries or rotating players in...
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best guess at this point. FA and Draft could change a lot...

DE- John Hughes
NT- Phillip Taylor
DE- Ahtyba Rubin
OLB: Chris Gocong
ILB: D'Qwell Jackson
ILB: James-Michael Johnson
OLB: Jabaal Sheard
CB: Joe Haden, Buster Skrine, Trevin Wade
FS: Usama Young
SS: TJ Ward

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO
Starters:
34 DE's Winn & Taylor
NT Rubin
LOLB Sheard
ROLB Unknown FA or Draft pick
WILB Gocong
SILB Unknown as there will be ALOT of competition on the roster for this spot.
CB#1 Haden
CB#2 Unknown FA or Draft pick
FS Unknown FA or Draft pick
SS Ward

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly my point...four unknown spots on defense...that's a lot of pressure to get our first two picks right. I really see us trading down. We need a second rounder given out switch to the 3-4. Although it would be nice to add a FA or two, it doesn't mean it will happen. After all, this is Cleveland. We're heading in the right direction, but we aren't there yet. It will make it hard for us to sign anyone worthy.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
That's exactly my point...four unknown spots on defense...that's a lot of pressure to get our first two picks right. I really see us trading down. We need a second rounder given out switch to the 3-4. Although it would be nice to add a FA or two, it doesn't mean it will happen. After all, this is Cleveland. We're heading in the right direction, but we aren't there yet. It will make it hard for us to sign anyone worthy.

Well, hello Mr Sunshine...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...touché....it seems like we have a lot of needs and we are light on draft picks this year...I feel like we have to get two draft picks right and two free agents just so our defense doesn't get worse...im usually more optimistic, but I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of our proverbially infinite Super Bowl tunnel!!!
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Haha...touché....it seems like we have a lot of needs and we are light on draft picks this year...I feel like we have to get two draft picks right and two free agents just so our defense doesn't get worse...im usually more optimistic, but I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of our proverbially infinite Super Bowl tunnel!!!

I don't really understand this... we're not "light" on draft picks, we just used our second rounder early and (IMO) at this point looks like we got a steal who now has an extra season of profootball under his belt. In regards to our defense, our D-line has a lot of talent in place, we have one of the best corners in the league, TJ Ward is solid at SS, we have some serviceable LB's and a top ten draft pick. Not everyone has to be an all pro at every position this year for the Browns defense to be solid. Sure, we'd all like to have more picks, but oh well.... FA and the draft are going to be huge in order to continuing the rebuild, but I don't think it's quite as fraught with hopelessness as you're making it sound.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:

haha, yeah I understand that, but thats the Browns for you... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light on picks was an embellishment. I do agree we have some good players on D. We have one CB. He's a great one at that. I have serious question marks at all LB spots, although I believe fort or Robinson will step up this year. And we need a FS. I suppose we see this differently. We have several needs on defense. More than can be addressed this offseason. We need three CBs and two to three LBs and a FS. Man I hope Horton is a beast of a coach! I'm feeling overly frustrated today..I'm glad we have a new owner, and a new coach. He'll, I'm glad we have a team! Go Browns!
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Light on picks was an embellishment. I do agree we have some good players on D. We have one CB. He's a great one at that. I have serious question marks at all LB spots, although I believe fort or Robinson will step up this year. And we need a FS. I suppose we see this differently. We have several needs on defense. More than can be addressed this offseason. We need three CBs and two to three LBs and a FS. Man I hope Horton is a beast of a coach! I'm feeling overly frustrated today..I'm glad we have a new owner, and a new coach. He'll, I'm glad we have a team! Go Browns!

Don't get me wrong.. I agree that the Browns have a lot of holes to fill especially with the switch to the 3-4, I'm just saying that not all those holes have to be filled with an all-pro player at this point. So whether it's a decent player we already have on the roster, a FA or a draftee, I'm just trying to say that acquiring a top ten talent in the draft and hopefully one really good acquisition in FA will supplement our top CB and DL enough that filling in the rest with just Good to OK type players wont be the worst thing.
sparroww77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDE B. Winn
NT A. Rubin
RDE P. Taylor
LOLB J. Sheard
LILB D. Jackson
RILB C. Gocong
ROLB J. Johnson
CB J. Haden
CB S. Brown
FS T. Gipson
SS T. Ward

position of need should not be starting
Very talented but not playing towards there strengths

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE: Hughes
NT: Rubin
DE: Taylor
OLB: Gocong
ILB: Jackson
ILB: Johnson
OLB: Sheard
CB: Haden
CB: Brown
FS: Young
SS: Ward

I think this is easily the best line up we could put out there right now. Would like to see a better #2 CB, LOLB, and FS. Other than that, I think we are pretty solid.
PayJay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
DE: Hughes
NT: Rubin
DE: Taylor
OLB: Gocong
ILB: Jackson
ILB: Johnson
OLB: Sheard
CB: Haden
CB: Brown
FS: Young
SS: Ward

I think this is easily the best line up we could put out there right now. Would like to see a better #2 CB, LOLB, and FS. Other than that, I think we are pretty solid.

I agree Rubin is NT for sure Gocong and Sheard OLB. We have starting front 7. We need #2 CB and FS. That's where our 1st pick should go. Sheard makes up OLB need and Gocong is solid off injury. Gocong has size and speed needed for 3-4. If we get 1st CB off the board we are scary good.

^^^^^^^^^^^ sig by BGG ^^^^^^^^^^^
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phi Taylor wil be the starting NT. Somebody had posted an article about this just 2-3 weeks back. They said Taylor is a NT & will only play that position.

Personally I think this allows us to trade Ahtyba Rubin & his $8mill cotract.

I would not be uprised if we trade Sheard as well.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Line
Hughes/Winn
Taylor
Rubin

Line Backers
Sheard
JMJ
Gocong/DQJ
???

2013 NFL Draft:

Round One, Pick #6
Cleveland Browns:
Jarvis Jones

Pray

(all the biggest HITTERSare in BOLD )

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: