Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revised Mock!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Revised Mock! Reply with quote

Ok my view on our team in the playoffs we are not physical enough we need to get bigger and stronger and need more options on the offensive and defensive lines.

Players Resigned

Robert Francois
Sam Shields
Evan Dietrich Smith
Tom Crabtree

Players Retire/Release/Free Agent Lost

Donald Driver retire
Greg Jennings free agent
Jeff Saturday retire
Cedric Benson free agent
Brandon Saine cut
Brad Jones free agaent
Ryan Grant free agent
Frank Zombo cut
Ryan Taylor cut
Erik Walden LB cut
DJ Williams cut

Charles Woodson and Aj Hawk reconstructure their contracts

We get two 4th round comp. picks with the losses of Scott Wells and Matt Flynn.

NFL Draft

1st Round Pick

Kawaan Short DE Purdue 6'3 308lbs

Short we plug in at DE a guy who can get after the QB and someone who could be a starter maybe the guy we were looking for to replace Jenkins.
Should have a big impact to the defesive line.

2nd Round Pick

Quinton Patton WR 6'0 202 lbs Louisana Tech

Theres been rumors that the Packers love this guy! Needing a receiver with the losses of Driver and Jennings this guy here helps that situation out. Patton will stretch the field and can pick up yards after the catch solid pick!

3rd Round Pick

Khaled Holmes C USC 6'3 305lbs

Holmes becomes our future center learning some from Dietrich Smith but Holmes eventually takes over at center.

4th Round Pick

DJ Swearinger S 5'11 210lbs South Carolina

DJ gives us some competition at safety MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian might not be the answer here so we have another body here for help while Woodson finishes his career here.

4th Round Pick Comp.

Gavin Escobar TE 6'5 255lbs San Diego State

With Quarless coming back from injury and DJ Williams cut. Finley with his issues. We still have Crabtree whos not bad. We decide to get some more depth at tightend with our question marks we draft Escobar.

4th Round Pick Comp.

Kwame Geathers DT 6'5 355lbs Georgia

Geathers gives us that added muscle and beeth that we lost when we lost Howard Green can you imagine him on the line with Pickett and Raji to stop the run. Then we have our other DL for the pass.

5th Round pick

AJ Klein ILB 6'1 246lbs Iowa State

AJ Klein picked here could be a solid backup for us for years or he could end up being AJ Hawks replacement only time will tell.

6th Round Pick

Ricky Wagner OT 6'6 310lbs

Wagner gives us some depth whether practice squad or roster our OL has had alot of injurys at tackle.

7th Round Pick

Travis Howard CB 6'0 198lbs Ohio State

Travis Howard pick gives us a corner for competition and someone to groom on the practice squad.

I know theres 2 DL drafted and 2 OL drafted but we need help on our lines we need to win in the trenches there is a way to get most of these guys on the roster.

Well here is my stab at our 53 man roster

QB Rodger/Harell

RB D Harris/Green/Starks/Kuhn

WR Nelson/Jones/Cobb/Patton/J Boykins

TE Finley/Quarless/Crabtree/Escobar

OL Newhouse/Sitton/E Smith/Lang/Sherrod/Bulaga/Holmes/Barclay

DL Short/ CJ Wilson/Raji/Pickett/Daniels/Neal/Geathers PUP J Worthy

LBs Matthews/Bishop/Hawk/Smith/Moses/Perry/Manning/Francois/Lattimore/Klein

DBs Woodson/Burnett/Swearinger/Williams/Shields.Hayward/Bush/McMillian/Jennigs/House

Special Crosby/Masthay/Goode

Note Jerel Worthy on PUP when put on active roster will need a spot open but I'm sure we will have a player IR!

Trying practice squad players here

Andrew Datko OT
Travis Howard CB draft pick
Jeremy Ross WR
BJ Coleman QB
Sean Richardson S
Micah Johnson LB
Ricky Wagner OT draft pick
Greg Van Roten OG

Practice squad is a crapshoot

Opinions and likes and comments welcomed this was fun but like I said our lines needed help in the trenches!

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Last edited by Hinkle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Roscoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice mock draft it's all possible but Thompson always throws us curve balls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad but some people think we are fine on the offenisve line lol!

Last edited by arodgers12 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a couple players on the practice squad that are not PS eligible, may want to research your PS rules there a bit.

I have a had time picturing a scenario where Logan falls to that point in the draft unless there is a major off field red we are not in the loop about.

Do you know something about the Sherrod rehab we do not? Gotta be something very bad there for TT to cut off his first round pick after one lost season due to a slow healing broken leg. Not so sure that happens but we do not have incite on that type of thing.

I do like the Zud pick, one of the nicer later round TE prospects I have been following the last couple years.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
You have a couple players on the practice squad that are not PS eligible, may want to research your PS rules there a bit.

I have a had time picturing a scenario where Logan falls to that point in the draft unless there is a major off field red we are not in the loop about.

Do you know something about the Sherrod rehab we do not? Gotta be something very bad there for TT to cut off his first round pick after one lost season due to a slow healing broken leg. Not so sure that happens but we do not have incite on that type of thing.

I do like the Zud pick, one of the nicer later round TE prospects I have been following the last couple years.
. Im good there all eligible to be on ps. The draft has been revised some.

Last edited by Hinkle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arodgers12 wrote:
Not bad but some people think we are fine at OT and drafting Long in the second is kinda a question but you could be going by best player avaiable and not by need which Ted Thompson and his guys do that quite alot. Cutting Sherrod has questions I think he will be fine but ya it has been over a year since he had suited up guess ya got to wonder about him.
. Sherrod hasn't proved anything to me even when he was healthy he struggled when he did get playing time. I just think he is a bust!

PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinkle wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

. Who would be them players not able to be on practice squad? I've been on quite a bit draft sites and Logan is projected in the 4th round on them for some reason. I have no info on Sherrod just have a bad feeling he is our next Justin Harrell!

Here are the PS rules:

However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, he is eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment, or have no prior accrued seasons in the NFL (an accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience on a club's 53-man active roster. If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad. Games in which a player is listed as the third-string quarterback (a designation that has been abolished as of 2011) do not count as being on the active list.[1]

Van Roten, Ross and Richardson- not sure how many weeks they were on the 53 man, but those were the ones I would look up.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised mock! No running back drafted very TT like!

Last edited by Hinkle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinkle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury prone Sherrod back on active roster.

Last edited by Hinkle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those three can be put on the PS..Ross/Richardson were active for 5 games while Van Roten was active for 7 I'm pretty sure - but I doubt the Packers would try to put Ross on there, look how much they used the guy late in the season and into the playoffs(when they were getting healthy). They did a lot with Ross and I think he will be on the team next year.

As for the rest..............I can't see them cutting Sherrod and drafting an offensive tackle in the first two days. The whole point of putting Sherrod on IR was because they were comfortable with Newhouse at LT and Barclay coming off the bench(he played well actually). I can't say I agree with those two things but whatever, won't argue with you about a mock draft.

I don't think Patton is round one talent and I don't think his style is what we need. That pick is based off of what is perceived to be a need. I can't see how he would be the BPA or even close at #26.

Michael scares me personally. He isn't good in pass pro and could be a problem coaching him with that "attitude" problem people give him after being benched.

PF4L covered what I thought about Logan Tail end of round 2, or if we trade down in the mid third...maybe..End of round 4? No.

I like Swearinger but we will see if he is there as well.

If we get a talented WR, another talented offensive linemen, Logan and Swearinger I'd like the draft though.

Sig brought to you by Justo
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of going WR in the 1st unless a stud like Keenan Allen is there. Why would Ted cut Sherrod already just when he's getting healthy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the revised mock you have more realistic not sure if Wagner slips that far but over than that solid!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised one is nice. Short would fit well in this defense, and Holmes would fit well on our OL.

Sig brought to you by Justo
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better
SE500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see us getting two 4th round comp picks and I believe Sherrod will be healthy and very competitive with Newhouse for the starting job (certainly in the equation) but other than that I love this mock.

DE and C are the two most glaring needs for me, and we could use talent at S and WR. I'd love to see a RB early as well, but we don't have unlimited picks. IF TT were to ignore any position of need on draft day it would probably be RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: