Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

10 Free Agents "You'd" like to see the Steelers go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping this in one place so Treat and I can track it Razz

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-dolphins-0220-20130219,0,5495647.story

Quote:
Multiple sources tell the Sun-Sentinel Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, who won't be given the franchise tag by the Steelers this offseason, is the team's top target.

And much like Miami's pursuit of Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning, everyone inside the NFL knows Dolphins owner Steve Ross is a big spender, and expects him to set the bidding market high.

Considering Wallace turned down an offer from Pittsburgh that trumped the five-year, $55.5 million deal Vincent Jackson got from Tampa Bay as an unrestricted free agent last offseason, expect a contract being placed on a table that pays Wallace in the range of $60 million or $12 million a season during unauthorized contract negotiations at this week's NFL combine.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130219/peter-king-nfl-franchise-tag/?xid=si_nfl

Quote:
Though only 26, Wallace seems to be scaring off some teams with receiver needs because they perceive he is going to be asking for the moon. "I like Mike Wallace," said one general manager with a receiver need. "But I'm not paying him Vincent Jackson money. Not even close." Jackson, the former Charger, signed early in free agency with Tampa Bay last March for a contract averaging $11 million a year.

I hope Bowe doesn't get franchised so we can have a 1:1 comparison for the purposes of our wager.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i need is one crazy owner Smile

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

If only Al Davis were still alive...Wallace's deal would make Calvin Johnson's look like a pittance.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

If only Al Davis were still alive...Wallace's deal would make Calvin Johnson's look like a pittance.

Cleveland and Miami. Two new owners with over 30M in cap space burning a hole in their pockets Surprised

kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130219/peter-king-nfl-franchise-tag/?xid=si_nfl

Quote:
Though only 26, Wallace seems to be scaring off some teams with receiver needs because they perceive he is going to be asking for the moon. "I like Mike Wallace," said one general manager with a receiver need. "But I'm not paying him Vincent Jackson money. Not even close." Jackson, the former Charger, signed early in free agency with Tampa Bay last March for a contract averaging $11 million a year.

I hope Bowe doesn't get franchised so we can have a 1:1 comparison for the purposes of our wager.

wager?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Bouchette mentioned Steve Breaston, what do you think??
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G/T Geoff Schwartz...very under the radar signing that could pay huge dividends.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Quote:

wager?

I've got Bowe +7.5 million versus his Wallace on guaranteed money.

treat88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe's guaranteed money being reported at 26 million.

Pending updated numbers, Wallace needs to break 33.5 mill for ya jebrick.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 Free Agents "You'd" like to see the Steeler Reply with quote

steelerfreak76 wrote:
Like the title says list your top 10 free agents, that you want the Steelers to go after. Please keep in mind when making your list, that the Steelers rarely if every go after the big names. So a list of Jake Long, Greg Jennings, Shaun Phillips, and other top free agents is a fantasy list. That's not what I want, I want a realistic list of players that could sign.

Here's my list
1. Terrance Knighton

IMO their isn't anyone currently on the roster that is ready to take over full time at nose. Sure the Steelers could start McLendon and rotate in Ta'amu, but for me nose tackle is too important of a position to go into the season with a question mark. I hear a lot of people saying put Ziggy Hood there, from what I've seen out of him at DE. NO THANKS!!! Knighton is young and could thrive in the Steelers D.

2. Rey Maualuga

Signing Maualuga helps the Steelers in 2 way. One it gives them a young inside linebacker to pair with Timmons. Second by signing Maualuga is creates a hole in the middle of Cincinnati defense. Maualuga is coming off is best season and may have priced himself out of Pittsburgh. However I think with having Troy here, that may sway him to Pittsburgh for less than market value.

3. Chris Clemons

Assuming the rumors are true and the Steelers release Ryan Clark, that creates a huge hole in the secondary. Clemons would fill that spot nicely and could benefit from playing with Troy. Clemons is sometimes questioned because he misses a tackle from time to time. But their is no questioning his skill in coverage.

4. Donnie Avery

Assuming we lose Wallace, I think Avery could be brought and be a good number 3 behind Brown and Sanders. Avery bounced back last year with 60 catches, after missing most of the 2011 season with injuries.

5. Brian Hoyer

Let's face it the Steelers can not go into next season with Leftwich and Batch as the backups. One of them fine, but not both. The Steelers liked Hoyer enough to bring him in when Leftwich went down. I think he could be a decent backup for Ben and have Uncle Charlie at #3 just in case.

6. Patrick Chung

It seems lately that it's not how many interceptions will Troy have, but how many games will he miss due to injuries. I'm not saying release Troy, but at least bring in someone who can step in when he goes down. Chung may not be the best option, but he falls in the Steelers price range.

7. Peyton Hillis

The 3 headed monster of Mendenhall, Dwyer, and Redman single handedly cost the Steelers a game. At times they look unstoppable and other times look like Fred Flintstone leaving his driveway. The Steelers need to cut ties and start fresh at RB and Hillis would be a nice building block to start.

8. Larry Grant

Grant would be much higher on my list, but I just see a team throwing the bank at him. So why did I put him on my list then? Simple, he's to good of a player for me not to include. I think their is an outside shot the Steelers could land Grant, but i'm not gonna count on it.

9. Louis Murphy

Murphy would compliment the other receivers on the roster well. He's not what every Steeler wants, that 6'5" 4.3 40 receiver. But he has decent height and could help round out the receiver core.

10. Brady Quinn

I know, I know. Why on earth would the Steelers want Brady Quinn. Let's face it If Ben goes down wouldn't it be nice to bring in someone with experience. That wasn't around during all 6 Super Bowl victories or Mr. Glass. Quinn is a terrible guy to have as your number 1, but I think he could keep the Steelers a float if something happened to Ben.

Well I showed you mine, so show me yours.
I love it! Although, the team doesn't sign many free agents. I expect them to get some guys like this but not as many as you've projected

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a little older with wear on his tread, but I'd like the Steelers to consider maybe Steven Jackson.

He's looking for a contender and the Steelers are still on the cusp of a championship.

Also it won't be the first RB we took from the Rams and get a championship for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
He's a little older with wear on his tread, but I'd like the Steelers to consider maybe Steven Jackson.

He's looking for a contender and the Steelers are still on the cusp of a championship.

Also it won't be the first RB we took from the Rams and get a championship for.

I think Ahmad Bradshaw is a more realistic option.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takeo Spikes
Dawan Landry

popie70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Takeo Spikes
Dawan Landry

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Landry. Could be a solid rotational/stop-gap guy.

I love Takeo but he has the no playoff curse and I do't want any of that business.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: