Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mccammon07's Great Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccammon07 wrote:
Jennings is a perfect tag and trade player. He would instantly become Miami's #1 wideout, Philbin knows what kind of player he is getting with Jennings, Miami has an extra second round pick and would be willing to get a top 10 receiver "when healthy" for a second when they have another second round pick, and they would sign him to a long term contract.

As for Fluker, I drafted him in this draft because our running game stinks. I know alot of people think our line is fine, but it is holding back our high powered offense. We need to add some muscle on the line and make teams fear our running attack.

Where were you projecting Fluker to play? Bulaga is not a liability in the run game at RT, neither is Barclay. The liability is on the interior and at LT in the run game. The Gs are signed long term so those are the guys going forward. The C position is in flux right now which is why I made the suggestion. I understand wanting to be better in the run game completely, but not at the cost of getting A-Rod killed because our new RT cannot pass protect worth a lick.
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Jenkins, don't like Fluker for us, he screams RT or guard in a power scheme. I say no to two RB's as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
Love Jenkins, don't like Fluker for us, he screams RT or guard in a power scheme. I say no to two RB's as well.

To be fair, I think Fluker will be fine in just about any "fit," that is a solid player there that just needs some work on his pass protect. I can see why people are assuming he is only a power guy right now, but I have to disagree, I think he will be fine in any fit because he is just a solid all round linemen IMO. I think if you have patience with him and have a mobile QB, he will pick up the pass protect well enough in a few years. It's the first 1-2 years that have me fearing for A-rod life however.
mccammon07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
mccammon07 wrote:
Jennings is a perfect tag and trade player. He would instantly become Miami's #1 wideout, Philbin knows what kind of player he is getting with Jennings, Miami has an extra second round pick and would be willing to get a top 10 receiver "when healthy" for a second when they have another second round pick, and they would sign him to a long term contract.

As for Fluker, I drafted him in this draft because our running game stinks. I know alot of people think our line is fine, but it is holding back our high powered offense. We need to add some muscle on the line and make teams fear our running attack.

Where were you projecting Fluker to play? Bulaga is not a liability in the run game at RT, neither is Barclay. The liability is on the interior and at LT in the run game. The Gs are signed long term so those are the guys going forward. The C position is in flux right now which is why I made the suggestion. I understand wanting to be better in the run game completely, but not at the cost of getting A-Rod killed because our new RT cannot pass protect worth a lick.

My theory with our lineman and lineman in general is that you can teach someone to be an effective pass blocker with the right coaching. You can't teach too much on how to become a solid run blocker if you are undersized. Fluker would beef up our line and open up running lanes. I think Bulaga is ready to move over to LT, Fluker could be our right tackle. I know we need help at center, but I think the start of a good line is having good tackles. Maybe we could find a cheap center in FA that would be able to hold the line of scrimmage and get us some running lanes. Alot of our guys on the line have the ability to play other positions and during camp we need to find out who are best starting five is going to be. And trust me, I am not against Barrett Jones, I just figure solving the tackle spot first would give us something to build around.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccammon07 wrote:

Or Miami could give him the sun, moon, and stars and still keep their 2nd. They're not going to bite on him if we tag him and if we tag him, we can expect to see him back with us next year, which frankly, we should hope for if we can give him a reasonable contract.

I get your logic behind Fluker and agree, but it's like drafting another ILB, where does he fit? Who gets cut? If I'd go after Fluker, I'd go ahead and trade someone else along that O-line to make it happen.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all we are not tagging Jennings not going to happen! Jenkins is not going to slip to the second round. And Ted Thompson has issues drafting running backs you have him drafting to running backs lol we will be lucky if he drafts one running back.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: