Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Trade? Reply with quote

Hey guys, everyone knows how you guys like to move around the come draft day. Since you guys don't have a 4th or 5th round pick this year, chances the Pats might try and trade back a little to regain some of those lost picks?

I am thinking Tampa may try and move up again into the late first round, would a trade of say our 2nd (43rd) and our 2-4ths (109th/123rd) be enough to get your 1st (29th)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Belichick is going to move back, he's most likely going to want a future pick out of the deal. Probably something like 29 for the Bucs' 2013 3rd and 2014 1st or 2013 pick 43 and 2014 2nd. I don't see the lack of picks this year being a big deal, considering the guys like Demps, Armstead, and Ballard that are basically free picks.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I don't see the lack of picks this year being a big deal, considering the guys like Demps, Armstead, and Ballard that are basically free picks.

I see it as a big deal given the team's cap situation and number of depth players with expiring contracts.

I would be shocked if they didn't end up with 5-6 picks between rounds 2-5. I just don't see how they can field a deep team otherwise unless you're projecting them to let all of their big 3 FA go and go crazy with bargain bin veterans like last year (which failed miserably).
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be in the minority here but I'm really starting to think that BB is going 'all in' now, if last year is anything to go by. Trading for players mid-season, trading up in the draft (not usually a tendency of BB's) etc. I really think that the 'preparing for the future' might now be a thing of the past, or at least not as big a priority as it used to be.

BB and Tom Brady are coming to the end of their careers and need to win sooner rather than later. I think We'll stay where we are, spend (a bit) in FA and draft some play makers. BB is setting the Pats up for a couple/few SB runs before he and Brady ride off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick looks at his board, if there's not players necessary moving back to draft, then he would trade for a future pick. Like a Bucs first round in the next year.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
Belichick looks at his board, if there's not players necessary moving back to draft, then he would trade for a future pick. Like a Bucs first round in the next year.

He might trade to move back. He might just accumulate picks in this draft he doesnt think he can get future picks. This draft isnt specifically special and I know some think its one of the weakest drafts in a long while
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: