Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tommy Kelly a top candidate for release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
NickButera wrote:

On a side note, add into this the fact that rumors say we're discussing what to do with Palmer.... in light of all these holes and cap cuts, I can't see us letting him go at this point in time either. But I'm just thinking out loud here.

Right now I'd be talking to him about restructure (team wants) and what he wants...If he wants to be a part of this and is willing to restructure, then we're good. If not I'd trade him if there are decent offers, if not decent I'd tell him were keeping his services for another year. I think packaging him in a trade down especially if he wants to leave as then maybe he'll sign and trade to another team. I'm think Arizona for a 2nd and if Joeckel is at our pick they'd need a LT and with a package trade of Palmer and #3 for 7/38/71 and their 1st next year would actually be fair value if Palmer is worth a 2nd...
Him and McFadden to the Jets would also work, but they can't afford it at this time.

Ya Ariz keeps popping up in my head as a trade partner this year with or without Palmer.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Darbsk, we're on the same page but then you go on to mention he could have been great if kept in one system or situation. In the modern NFL, having one dimensional ability goes against the definition of great.

Kelly could have been more effectively used by us, but never great. Ever.

Perhaps 'great' was not a very good choice of words Laughing but IMO he could have made say, a Pro Bowl or two if put in that situation.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
According to reports the team could save about $7M by cutting or trading Kelly.

Those reports are not accurate!
They don't count in his 2012 restructure.

After the 2012 restructure here is his deal:
2012: 825000 salary + 4599267 signing bonus = 5424267 total
2013: 6500000 salary + 4599267 signing bonus = 11099267 total
2014: 7000000 salary + 1725000 signing bonus = 8725000 total

With a cut or trade now we could have 6324267 dead money.
So we can save 4775000 with either move.

Either way I will take it. Wink

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
My main issue with him was the penalties and his contract. Wouldnt mind keeping him at the right price.

Which will probably never happen.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darbsk, we're on the same page but then you go on to mention he could have been great if kept in one system or situation. In the modern NFL, having one dimensional ability goes against the definition of great.

Perhaps 'great' was not a very good choice of words Laughing but IMO he could have made say, a Pro Bowl or two if put in that situation.

Yes, he could've made a pro bowl or two. Heck, didn't he make reserve for two of them?
Pro Bowl = stats, and we could have had more stats from him if used properly. Pass rushing stats that is. There's no disguising he is poor against the run..
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Yes, he could've made a pro bowl or two. Heck, didn't he make reserve for two of them?
Pro Bowl = stats, and we could have had more stats from him if used properly. Pass rushing stats that is. There's no disguising he is poor against the run..

I wonder how we had the stats we did against the run this year with him at NT then. The truth is this forum hates him for whatever reason. And the level of hate isn't justified.

With that said, it's the right time to move on. I'd be shocked if he isn't cut.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:

I wonder how we had the stats we did against the run this year with him at NT then. The truth is this forum hates him for whatever reason. And the level of hate isn't justified.

Ro was the main reason the run defense sucks.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:

The run D sucked well before Ro.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
bitty wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1. Excuses. McClain was actually kinda decent vs the run when the DTs didn't leave wide open lanes big enough for cars to drive through. No more UTs playing NT please.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one person was at fault for the run defense. We've been gashed with McClain, Kelly, Seymour et all on the side lines. Wheeler, Burris, McClain, Branch, Gio, Adams and most likely everyone else have been guilty of missing crucial tackles.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our rush defense was ranked 15th last year which is the best in has been in a decade, sure we had some bad games but it was manageable. Gave up 18 td's which is pretty bad but the pass defense was worse, we need a pass rusher.

I really doubt Kelly gets cuts, he restructures nearly every year, his cap hit must be sizable.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Our rush defense was ranked 15th last year which is the best in has been in a decade, sure we had some bad games but it was manageable. Gave up 18 td's which is pretty bad but the pass defense was worse, we need a pass rusher.

I really doubt Kelly gets cuts, he restructures nearly every year, his cap hit must be sizable.

I don't see how he won't. He'll probably try to use his pro bowl reserves as leverage. Not to mention the comnents he made in defense of McClain.Not sure he really wants to be here anyways. Oh and him getting ejected for coming off the bench and involving himself in a fight vs the Bengals. He doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. I wish we could have traded before the season when his value was highest. Still SMH at that $50 million contract.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Our rush defense was ranked 15th last year which is the best in has been in a decade, sure we had some bad games but it was manageable.

We were 18th in rush yards allowed, not 15th. You are still right though, its better than we have been in a long time. More importantly than the ranking, we only allowed 4.3 YPC. Thats not a great number, but it isnt doormat status, either (we allowed over 5 last year). Seems like we just lacked consistency. We had games like TB and MIA where we gave up a ton of yards, but we also had games where we kept good RBs under 3 YPC like BAL, KC, SD, etc.

Trojan on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people think there are scenarios that Kelly or McClain won't get cut? If Kelly's on the team by training camp then I'll rock a Kelly sig all preseason. Hell, I'll even let NCough make it Laughing

#FreeAgent
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
bitty wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
holyghost wrote:

+1. Excuses. McClain was actually kinda decent vs the run when the DTs didn't leave wide open lanes big enough for cars to drive through. No more UTs playing NT please.

I thought the same until Ro was benched and the run defense got better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: