Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Johnson and Haynesworth had issues. They came here and sucked. We aren't the sports rehabilitation center for dbags anymore. We don't need to waste time on a guy who isn't even very good.

For every Johnson and Haynesworth there's a Dillon, Moss, Talib, etc. It's a crapshoot, but you're able to take that chance when you've got an ironclad locker room led by the best coach and best QB in the business. When they work out, they work out really well. When they don't, it's never at any significant detriment to the organization. I see no reason, should Belichick and co. see something they like from Young on the field (which I think could very well be the case), why they wouldn't give him a chance.

Dillon and Talib didn't really have work ethic concerns, just off-field issues or personality clashes in the locker room. I know people liked to get on Dillon for dogging it at times with the Bengals, but it sure didn't show on the field.

Titus Young is a guy who reportedly sabotaged his own team and said he would rather retire than get fewer targets.

I don't really see them as similar.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Johnson and Haynesworth had issues. They came here and sucked. We aren't the sports rehabilitation center for dbags anymore. We don't need to waste time on a guy who isn't even very good.

For every Johnson and Haynesworth there's a Dillon, Moss, Talib, etc. It's a crapshoot, but you're able to take that chance when you've got an ironclad locker room led by the best coach and best QB in the business. When they work out, they work out really well. When they don't, it's never at any significant detriment to the organization. I see no reason, should Belichick and co. see something they like from Young on the field (which I think could very well be the case), why they wouldn't give him a chance.

Dillon and Talib didn't really have work ethic concerns, just off-field issues or personality clashes in the locker room. I know people liked to get on Dillon for dogging it at times with the Bengals, but it sure didn't show on the field.

Titus Young is a guy who reportedly sabotaged his own team and said he would rather retire than get fewer targets.

Well, at the same time, the Lions franchise is a joke.

Not saying anything about Young really, but fact is, Moss was right when he trashed Oakland. Haynesworth was right when he found Washington to be a joke. Etc etc.

Player isnt always wrong. Some guys will work very, very hard for the right guy...i.e. BB, but will lose motivation when they have no faith in their captain. It is fair to say "players should work hard regardless", and I agree. But it is important to remember that how one behaves in an animal house isn't how one would behave in a place like NE.

Just a point to keep in mind.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

Funny how there are now reports of how reluctant the patriots are now to give Talib a bigger extension because of hits work ethic.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams claimed him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: