Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sciz wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/04/titus-young-recently-boasted-hes-better-than-megatron/

Tron is extremely overrated, at least. He is right about something.

Let me guess, AJ Green is better than Calvin?

While I'd take Megatron over AJ Green no questions asked, at least Green is the second best wide receiver in the game. Titus Young isn't even on the map.

Calvin cant change direction. Too robotic. Green is so much quicker...it isnt close. Calvin in the red zone is useless if it isn't a jumpball. Green brings more to the table because he is far more fluid/less robotic (megatron?).
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God no. He's an athletic WR w/ potential but he is a grade A loser. He sabotaged his own offense for not getting the ball.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested this a few weeks ago. If you totally ignore his off-field BS. He is a perfect Pats receiver, quick, agile, versatile, can go deep, good YAC receiver. It's a no-brainer. I think he could have success here BUT when you start looking at his off field stuff, then you have an issue. But didn't Haynesworth, Johnson and Talib have issues?

I can see us bringing him in, seeing what he can do, whether he's stopped being a Grade A [inappropriate/removed] and go from there. Talent wise, he's perfect in terms of value/production but the gamble is all in the other stuff.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson and Haynesworth had issues. They came here and sucked. We aren't the sports rehabilitation center for dbags anymore. We don't need to waste time on a guy who isn't even very good.

ELRammy
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Johnson and Haynesworth had issues. They came here and sucked. We aren't the sports rehabilitation center for dbags anymore. We don't need to waste time on a guy who isn't even very good.

Young is a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd) player who has barely tapped his potential (for whatever reason) I think he could develop in the right circumstances, unlike Haynesworth and Ocho who had already hit their ceilings.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their ceilings aren't relevant to their attitudes.

It doesn't matter, the guy intentionally tried to help the opposing teams. I'd be furious if the Pats signed him. What happens if he doesn't get the ball here as much as he wants? He wouldn't. It's not like this was any wake up call. He was freaking out on twitter just a week and a half ago.

ELRammy
jofos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Of all the terrible ideas you've had, NBT, this is by far the worst.

Really? So you haven't seen the bring back Moss thread.
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:

Johnson's issue was he was a show boater obsessed w/ image and sick of losing. Haynesworth didnt care. Haynesworth is a loser whereas Chad just wasn't good fit/smart enough.
TomRalph wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

Young is a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd) player who has barely tapped his potential (for whatever reason) I think he could develop in the right circumstances, unlike Haynesworth and Ocho who had already hit their ceilings.

I dont think he can. Ocho wasn't a problem in lockerroom or off the field he just wasn't good. Young sabotaged the offense for not getting enough targets. His ego is massive and completely undeserved. He only cares about himself and he's just not worth trying to get his head straight.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:

For every Johnson and Haynesworth there's a Dillon, Moss, Talib, etc. It's a crapshoot, but you're able to take that chance when you've got an ironclad locker room led by the best coach and best QB in the business. When they work out, they work out really well. When they don't, it's never at any significant detriment to the organization. I see no reason, should Belichick and co. see something they like from Young on the field (which I think could very well be the case), why they wouldn't give him a chance.

Deadpulse on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Which one? The one he did today or the one he's done twice a year every year since 2010?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

For every Johnson and Haynesworth there's a Dillon, Moss, Talib, etc. It's a crapshoot, but you're able to take that chance when you've got an ironclad locker room led by the best coach and best QB in the business. When they work out, they work out really well. When they don't, it's never at any significant detriment to the organization. I see no reason, should Belichick and co. see something they like from Young on the field (which I think could very well be the case), why they wouldn't give him a chance.

If we're getting guys w/ issues why don't we get guys that actually want to change for the better. Titus Young hasn't shown he wants to. He still goes on twitter and saying how he's better WR than Johnson and cursing out fans. Also Moss was an issue after awhile its why we traded him and why he isn't coming back here.
Tzimisce wrote:
jofos wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Which one? The one he did today or the one he's done twice a year every year since 2010?

Does it matter which? All horrid ideas same w/ TO.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he should be black listed. No player is bigger than the team.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

If we're getting guys w/ issues why don't we get guys that actually want to change for the better. Titus Young hasn't shown he wants to. He still goes on twitter and saying how he's better WR than Johnson and cursing out fans. Also Moss was an issue after awhile its why we traded him and why he isn't coming back here.

Well that's all part of the evaluation process. If he cools off and BB thinks he can help the team, I'd have no problem with it. Can't rule anything out at this stage either way.

Deadpulse on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams claimed him. Not sure what they're thinking, but there you go.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Rams claimed him. Not sure what they're thinking, but there you go.

Only team who placed a claim on him.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: