Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A ? for you from CALI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you consider fans not from the city as the team less of a fan?
Yes.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No.
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 22

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NE Pennsylvania in the house!!

I've made the trip to Oakland to see them play, was 10 feet from Al Davis and Met jamarcus Russells family Laughing

Also sat next to and chilled with/hit on (jk) Luke Lawtons Girl friend
i like that..... w/o the russell anything lawtons reason for living and your sig nothing wrong with cambell & palmer

Question
McRaider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
McRaider wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I've made the trip to Oakland to see them play, was 10 feet from Al Davis and Met jamarcus Russells family Laughing

i like that..... w/o the russell anything lawtons reason for living and your sig nothing wrong with cambell & palmer

Question
Question Question um hmmm
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic!

I am from East Oakland. I was born here and was raised here. This city is the reason that I am the way that I am. I grew up basically in the shadow of the Coliseum. I grew up INSIDE of the Coliseum rooting for the Raiders and the A's. I took BART to and from school on most days and even work for them now. I am Oakland through and through. I really didn't have a choice of what teams to root for because my parents are both avid Raider fans.

When the Raiders left when I was about 12 I used to battle tough with adults who jumped ship to become 49er fans. Why stay a Raider fan they would say. Especially when my cousin Gary "Big Hands" Johnson won a title in Frisco. I would always tell them that no matter where the Raiders were, they would always be Oakland and Oaklant would always be me. Civic pride baby.

Now I would never judge anyone else who is not from here about their fan-hood. Who the hell cares? The Raiders have an international following and we should all be proud of that. No other fan base in the league has what we have, even when we are down. Now those of us who are from here may have a different level of attachment.

But it's just that: different.

But as long as you are a ride or die Raider fan, nothing else matters.

real talk Cool

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Great topic!
I am from East Oakland. I was born here and was raised here. This city is the reason that I am the way that I am. I grew up basically in the shadow of the Coliseum. I grew up INSIDE of the Coliseum rooting for the Raiders and the A's. I took BART to and from school on most days and even work for them now. I am Oakland through and through. I really didn't have a choice of what teams to root for because my parents are both avid Raider fans.
Growing up in Oakland definitely helps, haha, we don't have a choice. First games I ever went to were A's and Raiders. I don't think a fan that isn't in Cali is less of a fan but the fans in Cali that go to O.co for every game regardless of the fact we're going to lose and the Coliseum smells like homeless man's [inappropriate/removed] deserve some kind of award.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Great topic!

When the Raiders left when I was about 12 I used to battle tough with adults who jumped ship to become 49er fans. Why stay a Raider fan they would say. Especially when my cousin Gary "Big Hands" Johnson won a title in Frisco. I would always tell them that no matter where the Raiders were, they would always be Oakland and Oaklant would always be me. Civic pride baby.

Now I would never judge anyone else who is not from here about their fan-hood. Who the hell cares? The Raiders have an international following and we should all be proud of that. No other fan base in the league has what we have, even when we are down. Now those of us who are from here may have a different level of attachment.

real talk Cool

Great post man!

We are different for sure. Heck I'm really different from you American guys anyway since I'm in Europe.
So I must be very different from an Oakland guy, but
I think and feel that I'm a hardcore Raider fan. I stay up late in the evenings\nights just to be able to watch our games and just like you guys I spend quite some time with Raider related news, infos...
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's this simple on my seventh birthday my cousin gave me a Ken Stabler jersey and I became Raider Fan.
Being from NY I do like the Giants but hate the Jets.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it doesnt matter. In fact I would say not being in California might make you even more of a fan if anything. Given ridicule and being in another teams market yet not going with the trendy or concensus option.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
McRaider wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Question

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Great topic!

real talk Cool
Yeah, i was born in Rohnert Park and grew up in West Oakland(other side of lake merrit). I could already tell you where from Oakland haha. The locals have there own vibe IMO

I will admit i usually vibe with the locals better but i have love for the whole Raider nation.
G

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born and raised in Nor Cal, about an hour from Oakland.
I've lived in Colorado and San Diego. Saw LOTS of Raider fans in SD but we were in the SB then. Plenty of fans in Colorado Springs as it has a lot of military there from all over...
I get along with individuals and not 'group' think at all!!! I could care less where another fan is from, it's how the act that will define them...
Donkey fans were quite bad in Colorado then (Elway SB's)
Brick wall
daineraider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or does it make us better fans for traveling to oakland for games? I go to at least one game a year. Ive been to games in Denver, Oakland, and San Diego. I usually try to go to Oakland to support our franchise though. Even though the stadium is a POS and in a POS neighborhood i still go. Even with these awful teams we have had i still go to support my team. So i think its ridiculous to measure a fans dedication by where he or she lives.

Sigged by Jamison
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was born in San Jose and still have family out there I go back all the time and still make it to 1 game a year. Surprisingly run into a lot of fans out here in Chicago.

Sig by me PM for one
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Anyone not from the Bay Area who supports the Raiders can go straight to hell.

Frigg off Buffalo Bob. I was born an LA Raiders fan. Central California and the best can kick rocks.

Pero Mexico esta bien.

I know you're joking but IDC. Razz

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Anyone not from the Bay Area who supports the Raiders can go straight to hell.

Frigg off Buffalo Bob. I was born an LA Raiders fan. Central California and the best can kick rocks.

Pero Mexico esta bien.

I know you're joking but IDC. Razz

Don't call me Buffalo Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If location is all that mattered, then you could consider bandwagoners bigger fans then out of staters. The Raider Nation is worldwide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: