Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Baalke signing big name FA's like Wallace, Welker, Bowe, or even Sean Smith (who wants 8-10 mil a year).

What are some mid-tier FA's you guys think we'll go after? These are the FA's Baalke signs. Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Jon Goodwin in 2011, Mario Manningham in 2012. This is Baalke's bread and butter. Only guy that comes to mind is Amendola but i think even he has the potential to get overpaid.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I can't see Baalke signing big name FA's like Wallace, Welker, Bowe, or even Sean Smith (who wants 8-10 mil a year).

What are some mid-tier FA's you guys think we'll go after? These are the FA's Baalke signs. Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Jon Goodwin in 2011, Mario Manningham in 2012. This is Baalke's bread and butter. Only guy that comes to mind is Amendola but i think even he has the potential to get overpaid.

I also think we'll go for second-tier free agents. Most likely a WR to replace Moss. After the first round of signings, whoever's left will probably take less, and for 1 or 2 years, like Mario last year.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

I also think we'll go for second-tier free agents. Most likely a WR to replace Moss. After the first round of signings, whoever's left will probably take less, and for 1 or 2 years, like Mario last year.

I am not counting out bringing Randy back for another season...he did have a better connection with Kaep at the end than he did with Alex. He might want to stay and for cheap.

Also a little sleeper I wanna mention is Johnny Knox...he's coming of that nasty back injury last year but if he can get back to the form he was before we might get something special.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

I am not counting out bringing Randy back for another season...he did have a better connection with Kaep at the end than he did with Alex. He might want to stay and for cheap.

Also a little sleeper I wanna mention is Johnny Knox...he's coming of that nasty back injury last year but if he can get back to the form he was before we might get something special.

I would rather try Knox than resign Moss. Also what about Nick Folk from the Jets as our kicker?

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knox's injury was horrific. I'm not if he could take a hit again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Raiders are right up against the expected $121 million cap despite having one of the league's worst rosters. They could free up roughly $10 million in space by parting with Tommy Kelly and Darrius Heyward-Bey. We expect both moves to be made. "

Darius Heyward-Bay.....he could be a much cheaper option for us.... he can definately stretch the field with his speed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick49er wrote:
"The Raiders are right up against the expected $121 million cap despite having one of the league's worst rosters. They could free up roughly $10 million in space by parting with Tommy Kelly and Darrius Heyward-Bey. We expect both moves to be made. "

Darius Heyward-Bay.....he could be a much cheaper option for us.... he can definately stretch the field with his speed.
I thought his hands were suspect which should automatically take him out of the running IMO. We gotta get guys with sticky fingers and elbows that extend all 180 degrees.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Nick49er wrote:

I thought his hands were suspect which should automatically take him out of the running IMO. We gotta get guys with sticky fingers and elbows that extend all 180 degrees.

I didn't watch much of Oakland this past season, but thought I read that there had been significant enough improvement with DHB's hands and routes. Could be just remembering wrong...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the mid-tier free agent strategy.

I think Brian Hartline is a good fit...kind of in the amendola mold, but can break a long one every now and again. he's young (only 26), and he has fantastic hands, which i think this team really needs. He's definitely not a number one, but i think in the right offense, he has a lot of potential as a number 2. with VD and Crabtree doing their midrange crossing routes, and hopefully AJ Jenkins being a legitimate deep threat, i think Hartline could have a field day for us underneath.

Something tells me we won't just go with an untested rookie at kicker. I would expect us to sign a veteran kicker to compete with him in camp; Mike Nugent and Nate Kaeding would be options, as would josh brown. Phil Dawson will be too expensive I think.

If we are looking for someone to replace moss and be a true red zone threat, Ramses Barton is a good option. 6'6", monstrous hands...but his play has never quite matched his potential (granted, last i heard, the g-men had some pretty solid wide receivers in front of him).

After unloading Smith, via trade or release, I would expect us to sign a veteran signal caller. we could always call Josh Johnson again, but i think we'll look more in the area of a Matt Moore and Jason Campbell or maybe even Brian Hoyer. I prefer Moore, who I don't think has ever really been given a fair shot at could come in as a back up and be capable of putting together a string of decent games if needed. If we can't resign Walker, I like Brandon Myers from Oakland, who actually put together a solid season across the bay (granted, mainly garbage time, but I don't differentiate).

On defense, I could expect us to sign someone like an Alan Branch or even the recently cut Chris Canty or maybe William Hayes, who's talent will be greater than his payday since he couldn't see the field in saint louis. I tried to find a solid back up for an inside linebacker, but i couldn't really see anyone who worked for me; i wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed gooden (especially for his special teams work), and then took an ILB in the draft to help with the depth after willis and bowman.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Swift21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick49er wrote:

I like the DHB idea if he comes cheap.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick49er wrote:

I'll pass on DHB, he is not a natural receiver and from the looks of it he will never developed into one. Even though he has some speed, he is a horrible deep threat.

^Kempes^
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Nick49er wrote:

I'll pass on DHB, he is not a natural receiver and from the looks of it he will never developed into one. Even though he has some speed, he is a horrible deep threat.

That team is in shambles. I like dhb though. Last season when they weren't absolutely terrible he had almost 1k yards. His hands have greatly improved.
Wish they would just give us denarius doh! Cool

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some raider games this past year and he isn't too bad. I think he's improved greatly since his rookie season. If he comes cheap, I don't mind.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass on DHB. I'm just not sold on him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
Nick49er wrote:

I like the DHB idea if he comes cheap.

+1. He can run that Jet sweep if nothing else.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 5 of 99

Jump to: