Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too sure if I want Welker, he seems to choke it up on big games. He's had enough trouble with Brady's throws, can he handle Kaep's velocity?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I'm not too sure if I want Welker, he seems to choke it up on big games. He's had enough trouble with Brady's throws, can he handle Kaep's velocity?

not sure if he's worth the trouble. He will want some big $$ and we have some FA to take care of first.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
The Chiefs are expected to release LE Tyson Jackson this offseason.
The third overall pick in the 2009 draft, Jackson has provided next to no pass-rush impact through four seasons while starting on consistently bad Kansas City run defenses. He's sitting on five career sacks. Jackson's ultimate undoing will be a $14.72 million base salary and $250K offseason roster bonus.

roto.

should we throw him a bone?

I think it'd be worth a shot. We could get him at a decent price and let Tomsula work his magic.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
The third overall pick in the 2009 draft, Jackson has provided next to no pass-rush impact through four seasons while starting on consistently bad Kansas City run defenses. He's sitting on five career sacks. Jackson's ultimate undoing will be a $14.72 million base salary and $250K offseason roster bonus.

roto.

I think it'd be worth a shot. We could get him at a decent price and let Tomsula work his magic.

Let tomsula work his magic and we have a successor to Justin in a few years.
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto.

I agree. Their d-line coaching sucks. Second instance of a consesus top 5 d-lineman failing in kc. Assuming he signs a low price/ no risk contract (I do think someone else will overpay him first)
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

If we happen to be looking at WRs in the draft I would put a BIG priority on hands. A guy with average hands is just going to drop too many of those. And asking Kap to take a bit off is just asking for some of them to be picked off. His velocity is what allows him to squeeze it between two defenders.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

I would not mind signing Welker to a team friendly deal. 1 yr 3 mil or 2 yrs at 6 mil. But, I do not ant his wife and her large mouth. Laughing
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto.

Worth a shot, he has the physical talent. Maybe see if we can get more out of him.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto.

Worth a shot, he has the physical talent. Maybe see if we can get more out of him.

yep. our coaching staff had done a good job of getting the best out of our players.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

If we happen to be looking at WRs in the draft I would put a BIG priority on hands. A guy with average hands is just going to drop too many of those. And asking Kap to take a bit off is just asking for some of them to be picked off. His velocity is what allows him to squeeze it between two defenders.

I'm starting to really like Terrance Williams. I think he could develop into a very productive #1 WR. Plugging him in opposite of Crabtree would make this team alot more explosive. I we drafted him and AJ develops into a player, we'd have a downright scary offense.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSN Bay Area expect Mario Manningham (ACL surgery) to return before the "latter stages" of camp.
Even that might be bullish after Manningham went down in Week 16. Manningham is all but guaranteed to begin camp on the active/PUP list, and a definite candidate to spend the first six games of 2013 on reserve/PUP. Due roughly $4 million between salary and bonuses, it's not a given Manninghamm will be back in San Francisco, though the 49ers' weak receiver corps should work in his favor.

roto.

edit: drafting a Wr in the first would be a good idea.

dream scenario: Hunter/Allen and trading up for Hunt/Datone Jones?
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys think we'll end up doing with parys? keep for depth or cut?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Cut or extended with a big paycut? He would be a better option than Clark Haggans. Maybe we should just cut him, give some OTA and mini-camp reps to Fleming and Johnson, and if he's still out there, sign him for veteran minimum for training camp.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Cut or extended with a big paycut? He would be a better option than Clark Haggans. Maybe we should just cut him, give some OTA and mini-camp reps to Fleming and Johnson, and if he's still out there, sign him for veteran minimum for training camp.

I think we should keep him but half his salary. but giving reps to the younger guys isn't a bad idea either.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
CSN Bay Area expect Mario Manningham (ACL surgery) to return before the "latter stages" of camp.
Even that might be bullish after Manningham went down in Week 16. Manningham is all but guaranteed to begin camp on the active/PUP list, and a definite candidate to spend the first six games of 2013 on reserve/PUP. Due roughly $4 million between salary and bonuses, it's not a given Manninghamm will be back in San Francisco, though the 49ers' weak receiver corps should work in his favor.

roto.

edit: drafting a Wr in the first would be a good idea.

dream scenario: Hunter/Allen and trading up for Hunt/Datone Jones?

I'd love me some Datone Jones, but please no more of Hunt. The guy became overrated after he destroyed some red-shirt freshman all game. He looked completely lost at the Senior Bowl, and is not worth the hype.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: