Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
I think regarding Crabtree/Aldon/Kaepernick, we need to take a step back and realize this probably isn't going to be a 2013 thing. The problem with that, we're all pretty invested in the present with our current cap. From everything I've read, most expect the cap in 2015 to make a significant jump - like potentially 20 million in some predictions (I'm not even going to try to search for this because I don't remember where I read it). If that were the case, a lot of these guys that we've already signed are going to appear so much cheaper than they actually are. With that in mind, I think it's more than possible to fit all three (Kaep/Smith/Crabtree) under the cap. It's whether or not we'll be able to also fit some of the key roleplayers like Brown/Culliver or if we'll have to hope we've landed some draft gems to fill those shoes cheaply.

Granted, it's possible that when the cap jumps if those others aren't already extended that they're going to want even more than they would have wanted in 2014, but that's all part of the game.

Not with the way QB contracts have exploded... Brick wall

All contracts have exploded, and it's always our guys that seem to have ones that come up looking plenty average (ones we re-sign that is). I'm not guaranteeing it will happen, I'm saying - I could see it happen.

Well, considering kaep is one of our most marketable players, I think he should accept a lesser contract and then go out and make money on the side with his endorsements. this would be good because he would get paid, and we could use the money saved elsewhere. I would gladly pay him whatever he wants however.

I dont understand how guys like Peyton can play for that much money and then make probably somewhere close to that in endorsments and then not feel guilty when there are guys making 500,000 or having to cut other players to make room for them. Like arent u making enough to where you dont need any more and could therefore allow your team to sign all the best players? I wouldnt do this as someone like Franky G, but someone like aaron rodgers, brees, brady etc? take a pay cut for your team. plenty of other ways to make money
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expected Salary cap for 2014 is 124m according to Niner Cap Hell.

Free Agents:
Justin Smith
Jonathan Goodwin
Anquan Boldin
Donte Whitner
Tarell Brown
Mario Manningham
Phil Dawson
Nnamdi Asomugha
Tramaine Brock
Parys Haralson
Anthony Dixon
Marlon Moore
Kyle Williams
Demarcus Dobbs
Perrish Cox
Chad Hall
Will Tukuafu
Scott Tolzein
Michael Wilhoite
Joe Hastings
Cam Johnson

Now a good chunk of the lower tier names will probably not even be on the roster come September.

Cap Space for 2014: 21.9*

*= Not including 2013 rookies and possible cuts such as Carlos Rogers.

Colin Kaepernick will have a pay day that likely won't factor into the 2014 cap but the 2015 cap which will likely see a huge jump in the cap based on the tv deals kicking in.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:

I don't think this is accurate. I mean, the 2013 cap is 123.9 mil... and the cap is believed to increase by 4 or 5 mil per year... so...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@HBalzer721: 49ers UFA LB Larry Grant had tryout with Patriots. Lions UFA CB Jacob Lacey visited Minnesota.

I find it weird that he is having try outs. I've heard worse players getting signed straight from free agency.

And oldie last year we though it was going up 5 and the year before. And I think it was like about 2 per year.

I could see it being 125. Hopefully it goes up more though

new sig... sorry alex
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Quote:
@HBalzer721: 49ers UFA LB Larry Grant had tryout with Patriots. Lions UFA CB Jacob Lacey visited Minnesota.

I find it weird that he is having try outs. I've heard worse players getting signed straight from free agency.

And oldie last year we though it was going up 5 and the year before. And I think it was like about 2 per year.

I could see it being 125. Hopefully it goes up more though

Grant was pretty bad with the Rams for most of his career. Had some good games with us in 2011. Did nothing in 2012.

Still though, i think he's a solid backup LB/STer. But nothing overly special. But this is a bad market for FA's.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

I don't think this is accurate. I mean, the 2013 cap is 123.9 mil... and the cap is believed to increase by 4 or 5 mil per year... so...

It's only 123.9 mil because the teams decided to borrow 2 mil from next year's cap so next year will have 2 mil less than it was supposed to because the teams borrowed from that cap.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job of keeping up updated, especially for those who have gotten more busy lately. You guys do a helluva job. Thanks fellas!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

It's only 123.9 mil because the teams decided to borrow 2 mil from next year's cap so next year will have 2 mil less than it was supposed to because the teams borrowed from that cap.

ive never heard that ? really ? u can borrow cap from the future ? thats kind of dumb tbh but hopefully it does go up 4 to 5 mil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

And this answers my question from the previous page Lol . Thank you

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49erurtaza wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

ive never heard that ? really ? u can borrow cap from the future ? thats kind of dumb tbh but hopefully it does go up 4 to 5 mil

yeah i hadnt heard that before but somebody said something similar to that a few pages back

but we were under the cap last year, so could we give it back, or some of it?

new sig... sorry alex
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be part of the reason why Larry Grant isn't getting a ton of love:

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 53s

49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

Quote:

49ers free agent LB Larry Grant has been suspended for the first four games if the 2013 season for violating the league's PED policy...

Are you saying he's going to sign with the seahawks, now?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

Quote:

Yupp. Just read that. Maybe he will return now with not many options.

new sig... sorry alex
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Rhodes is still out there??? I know he's a bit of a diva but this veteran D and staff should be able to control a guy like him. If we miss out on our guy at the draft he could be an option.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Kerry Rhodes is still out there??? I know he's a bit of a diva but this veteran D and staff should be able to control a guy like him. If we miss out on our guy at the draft he could be an option.

I started advocating for Rhodes the minute he hit the market. His coverage skills make him a natural pairing with whitner. But he's not physical and been fairly inconsistent throughout his career. Last year was an obvious exception though. I was shocked that we never so much as gave him a look, especially since he wouldn't have been expensive, but I think he's not the type of player baalke and staff are looking for

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: