Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13264
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Why not sign Woodson to a cheap 1 year deal if we will get a compensatory pick for him next year? As of now I believe we have 0 compensatory picks next year..



Oh, we will have one. No signing we've done compensates the LARGE contract Goldson got. Not to mension we replaced Sopoaga and RJF with lesser paid guys too. It's not exactly a one-for-one kind of formula. The moneys spent factor into it. We let big bucks guys walk and replaced them with cheaper alternatives. So we will get something.

And signing Woodson and letting him walk at the end of the year wouldn't give us a compensatory pick in 2014, but in 2015.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9883
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Why not sign Woodson to a cheap 1 year deal if we will get a compensatory pick for him next year? As of now I believe we have 0 compensatory picks next year..



Oh, we will have one. No signing we've done compensates the LARGE contract Goldson got. Not to mension we replaced Sopoaga and RJF with lesser paid guys too. It's not exactly a one-for-one kind of formula. The moneys spent factor into it. We let big bucks guys walk and replaced them with cheaper alternatives. So we will get something.

And signing Woodson and letting him walk at the end of the year wouldn't give us a compensatory pick in 2014, but in 2015.


And only if a 2014 team thought a 37-year old Charles Woodson was worth one last kick of the tires and a roster spot.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Frisco$finest


Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9ers and Iupati in early stages of extension per Roto & PFT.

This is good stuff....Let's get this locked in sooner than later please

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/early-talks-commence-between-49ers-and-iupati/
_________________
"You look up and you see us shining down on you...." - Lupe Fiasco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2892
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
9ers and Iupati in early stages of extension per Roto & PFT.

This is good stuff....Let's get this locked in sooner than later please

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/early-talks-commence-between-49ers-and-iupati/


Does anyone know what our cap situation will look like after this season?
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2892
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to wiki,

scrabble will be wearing #41?
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedWhiteNGold


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
9ers and Iupati in early stages of extension per Roto & PFT.

This is good stuff....Let's get this locked in sooner than later please

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/early-talks-commence-between-49ers-and-iupati/


Great. There's no way he walks so might as well get it done now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frisco$finest


Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
9ers and Iupati in early stages of extension per Roto & PFT.

This is good stuff....Let's get this locked in sooner than later please

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/early-talks-commence-between-49ers-and-iupati/


Does anyone know what our cap situation will look like after this season?


I was thinking this too. I trust Baalke, but I'm curious to see how much money we would have available down the line. Don't want to return to Cap Hell.
_________________
"You look up and you see us shining down on you...." - Lupe Fiasco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39974
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:


Does anyone know what our cap situation will look like after this season?


Looks like as of now and with the rule of 51 applied, we are looking to be at 103.5 million. I think the 2014 cap is being guestimated at 130 mil... bumping about 5 to 6 mil each year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7149
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:


Does anyone know what our cap situation will look like after this season?


Looks like as of now and with the rule of 51 applied, we are looking to be at 103.5 million. I think the 2014 cap is being guestimated at 130 mil... bumping about 5 to 6 mil each year.


wow, i thought it would be flatter than that. does anyone know how the salary cap money "borrowered" this year will affect future years? is it portioned over a certain number of years, or will it all just come off a single year in the future?

so it's possible we will be under about 27 million if cap is 130, and that's before Rogers' salary comes off the books, since there is no way he's coming back without a highly restructured contract. I think that's pretty solid. I definitely would expect a couple more contract extensions then.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39974
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we borrow money from a future year (2014)? Shocked If so, I never read anything about it. If you are asking if we can borrow from future years, I believe teams still can, but can only create a maximum of $4.5 million in cap space over two years. None of this should be a real issue for us, I wouldn't think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndyLeesAunt


Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Posts: 977
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this belongs here... but did anyone see Clay Mathews' contract?!

5 yrs $61 mil
$31 guaranteed..

Will it even be possible to keep Aldon? He is going to get this much if not more, in my opinion

Thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39974
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I'm not sure if this belongs here... but did anyone see Clay Mathews' contract?!

5 yrs $61 mil
$31 guaranteed..

Will it even be possible to keep Aldon? He is going to get this much if not more, in my opinion

Thoughts?


We will find a way. You can not let these types of rushers walk. We will make it happen, as long as he is happy being a 49er. We may just have to wave g'bye to some other good players to do it. Maybe we don't pay huge contracts to our LG? Maybe we don't give Tarell Brown what he will want next offseason? Maybe we let Crabtree go on to Dallas. Tough moves... but we have to put Aldon and hopefully Kaepernick at the top of the list of key targets to keep happy. We will open up cap room by saying g'bye to Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers, and a few others.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6517
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I'm not sure if this belongs here... but did anyone see Clay Mathews' contract?!

5 yrs $61 mil
$31 guaranteed..

Will it even be possible to keep Aldon? He is going to get this much if not more, in my opinion

Thoughts?


We will find a way. You can not let these types of rushers walk. We will make it happen, as long as he is happy being a 49er. We may just have to wave g'bye to some other good players to do it. Maybe we don't pay huge contracts to our LG? Maybe we don't give Tarell Brown what he will want next offseason? Maybe we let Crabtree go on to Dallas. Tough moves... but we have to put Aldon and hopefully Kaepernick at the top of the list of key targets to keep happy. We will open up cap room by saying g'bye to Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers, and a few others.


Yep. I think we started that process this year by letting Goldson walk.

Kaep, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati. I think it should be in that order. Iupati is a great player, don't get me wrong, but is it wise to invest big money in a LG? I don't feel that way. Then again, i'm not gona throw a fit if we do decide to re-sign him.

I think Kaep and Aldon are locks to stay, Crabs and Iupati most likely. And like you said, to keep these top tier players, 2nd tier players will be allowed to chase money elsewhere...Brown, Whitner, Manningham, etc (our notable UFA's next year). JMO
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7149
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Did we borrow money from a future year (2014)? Shocked If so, I never read anything about it. If you are asking if we can borrow from future years, I believe teams still can, but can only create a maximum of $4.5 million in cap space over two years. None of this should be a real issue for us, I wouldn't think.


The entire NFL did. I believe the nflpa borrowed 2 million per team against future years caps so that the salary cap would be 123 millionthis year rather than 121. At least tthat's how I saw it. But the additional 2 million had to come v
Back in future year(s)
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedWhiteNGold


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
I'm not sure if this belongs here... but did anyone see Clay Mathews' contract?!

5 yrs $61 mil
$31 guaranteed..

Will it even be possible to keep Aldon? He is going to get this much if not more, in my opinion

Thoughts?


We will find a way. You can not let these types of rushers walk. We will make it happen, as long as he is happy being a 49er. We may just have to wave g'bye to some other good players to do it. Maybe we don't pay huge contracts to our LG? Maybe we don't give Tarell Brown what he will want next offseason? Maybe we let Crabtree go on to Dallas. Tough moves... but we have to put Aldon and hopefully Kaepernick at the top of the list of key targets to keep happy. We will open up cap room by saying g'bye to Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers, and a few others.


Yep. I think we started that process this year by letting Goldson walk.

Kaep, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati. I think it should be in that order. Iupati is a great player, don't get me wrong, but is it wise to invest big money in a LG? I don't feel that way. Then again, i'm not gona throw a fit if we do decide to re-sign him.

I think Kaep and Aldon are locks to stay, Crabs and Iupati most likely. And like you said, to keep these top tier players, 2nd tier players will be allowed to chase money elsewhere...Brown, Whitner, Manningham, etc (our notable UFA's next year). JMO


Iupati will get a deal first. He's the only one eligible to negotiate at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group