Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) tweeted at 6:41 PM on Sun, Feb 24, 2013:
49ers also want to re-sign DL Ricky Jean-Francois before agency starts. If he leaves, expect at least 5-6 teams to pursue signing him.
(https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/305824808401256449)

Why would we want this scrub backup DL when we can just draft a 1st rd DL?????

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not biting on that one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

Light-hearted... Hope you smiled rather than bristled...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) tweeted at 6:41 PM on Sun, Feb 24, 2013:
49ers also want to re-sign DL Ricky Jean-Francois before agency starts. If he leaves, expect at least 5-6 teams to pursue signing him.
(https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/305824808401256449)

Makes sense, he's a solid young DL, those always get overpaid in FA.

I want him back but i don't want the team to overspend. And i'd also like to play him at NT instead of DE.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have signed many people fast few offseason, most our own
but still nothing on dashon

we signed rogers before dashon too. and now theres word that we wont tag him. maybe hes not in our longterm plans???

new sig... sorry alex
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like i've heard a ton of rumours about SF this offseason

-We want to go after Wes Welker

-We want to trade for Percy Harvin

-We want to sign a big name CB in FA

-We want to let Goldson test the market

-Alex Smith rumours

etc, etc. It sounds like we're going to be aggressive with the Welker/Harvin/CB talk. Which is basically the opposite of what we've done the last 2 offseasons- we sit back in FA and get good value in the 2nd tier market. We set a price and never budge over it. Or at least thats what we did in 2011 and 2012. So i'm not taking these rumors seriously unless we start making a big signing or trade. Just seems out of character for Baalke.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
It seems like i've heard a ton of rumours about SF this offseason

-We want to go after Wes Welker

-We want to trade for Percy Harvin

-We want to sign a big name CB in FA

-We want to let Goldson test the market

-Alex Smith rumours

etc, etc. It sounds like we're going to be aggressive with the Welker/Harvin/CB talk. Which is basically the opposite of what we've done the last 2 offseasons- we sit back in FA and get good value in the 2nd tier market. We set a price and never budge over it. Or at least thats what we did in 2011 and 2012. So i'm not taking these rumors seriously unless we start making a big signing or trade. Just seems out of character for Baalke.

There are some names who won't command the kind of big money as a Talib for example. Harvin is only making 2.3 mil this season so won't be a big money splash. I think they realized in the SB CB and a number 2 WR are a huge need.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Heck no. I almost stuck the smiley emoticon on my post, but I rarely use those.

Even if I didn't think RJF has improved a lot I'd have still thought it funny. Not thinking RJF will ever be a stud NT but satisfied enough to let an aging an over-priced Soap go and then try to find our NT of the future in the draft. As a rare guy who can play both NT and DE pretty well Ricky Jean can be valuable to us for a few more years. Hope we sign him up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Even if I didn't think RJF has improved a lot I'd have still thought it funny. Not thinking RJF will ever be a stud NT but satisfied enough to let an aging an over-priced Soap go and then try to find our NT of the future in the draft. As a rare guy who can play both NT and DE pretty well Ricky Jean can be valuable to us for a few more years. Hope we sign him up.

Cool... and agree.. though I would rather us ask RJF to thicken up like he did a couple years ago to focus on NT alone. He got to around 310 when we were looking at him as pure NT... then he dropped back down when we wanted to use him at DE as well. I'd bulk him back up to 310... stop messing with him... and give him a full go as the NT.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles released DT Cullen Jenkins.
Jenkins' time in Philadelphia ends just two years into a five-year, "$25 million" deal. The Eagles are still on the hook for $1.5 million guaranteed in Jenkins' contract, but the move saves $4.1 million in cap space. Part of the Eagles' ballyhooed 2011 free agent class, Jenkins ended up tallying 9.5 sacks in 32 games. He registered seven sacks in 11 contests for the Packers during his walk year in 2010. The emergence of Fletcher Cox and the Eagles' abandonment of the "Wide 9" made Jenkins wholly expendable. Still a decent enough pass rusher, 32-year-old Jenkins should draw interest as a role player. We wouldn't rule out a return to Green Bay.

roto

Worth a look?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Cool... and agree.. though I would rather us ask RJF to thicken up like he did a couple years ago to focus on NT alone. He got to around 310 when we were looking at him as pure NT... then he dropped back down when we wanted to use him at DE as well. I'd bulk him back up to 310... stop messing with him... and give him a full go as the NT.

Yeah, that has to be the plan ... unless he wants bigger money than we're willing to lay out in which case we need to ask Soap to get realistic about what he's worth. I can't see us letting both go, although I guess it's a possibility if both hold firm for more than we think they're worth. But if that happens, then what?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Yeah, that has to be the plan ... unless he wants bigger money than we're willing to lay out in which case we need to ask Soap to get realistic about what he's worth. I can't see us letting both go, although I guess it's a possibility if both hold firm for more than we think they're worth. But if that happens, then what?

I dont think theres any way RJF doesnt come back when he has the option of being #1 on the depth chart at the nose. Unless he really thinks himself as a DE but no team can offer him a chance to start except us.

Whether we sign them or not I think its a lock for us to draft a NT.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10. Safety Dashon Goldson -- If Byrd is the top ballhawk in the game, Goldson might be the premier pure cover safety. Toward the end of the season, defensive coordinator Vic Fangio cost the Niners some leverage by publicly acknowledging Goldson was "right up there" with Ed Reed. Goldson wanted Eric Weddle money last offseason. He may get more after a career-best year.

Free Agent Forecast: 49ers on a five-year, $42 million contract.

roto.

Thats 8.4 million a year.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42620/309/top-50-free-agency-forecast

their list of top 50 FAs and their predicted landing spots.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Eagles released DT Cullen Jenkins.
Jenkins' time in Philadelphia ends just two years into a five-year, "$25 million" deal. The Eagles are still on the hook for $1.5 million guaranteed in Jenkins' contract, but the move saves $4.1 million in cap space. Part of the Eagles' ballyhooed 2011 free agent class, Jenkins ended up tallying 9.5 sacks in 32 games. He registered seven sacks in 11 contests for the Packers during his walk year in 2010. The emergence of Fletcher Cox and the Eagles' abandonment of the "Wide 9" made Jenkins wholly expendable. Still a decent enough pass rusher, 32-year-old Jenkins should draw interest as a role player. We wouldn't rule out a return to Green Bay.

roto

Worth a look?

I remember the Eagles 2011 Free Agent period. They signed Nnamdi, Jenkins, Ronnie Brown, and a couple of other decent players (or at least relatively big names, can't remember who).

2 years later and all the big name guys are getting cut, or about to get cut. Just proof that big names in FA are overrated...for all the talk about rookies adapting to the NFL, veterans tend to have just as tough a time adjusting from one pro scheme to another.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 10 of 99

Jump to: