Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers interested in Israel Idonije

Quote:
A league source confirmed the team is battling the Chicago Bears for free agent defensive lineman Israel Idonije. The 32-year-old lineman started 11 games last season as a defensive end in Chicago's 4-3 defense, finishing with 48 tackles and a solid 7 ½ sacks. NFL.com was first to report the 49ers' interest.

San Francisco presumably is looking at the 6-6, 275-pounder to play defensive end in its 3-4 scheme.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/source-49ers-looking-at-bears-free-agent-idonije.html#storylink=cpy

That would give us Ray Mac, Justin, Dobbs at DE. Dorsey, Williams at NT. Then possibly Idonije at DE. Then the 7th spot could be fought for by Tony Jerrod-Eddie, Will Tuakufu, Lamar Divens, or a draft pick.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

Quote:
A league source confirmed the team is battling the Chicago Bears for free agent defensive lineman Israel Idonije. The 32-year-old lineman started 11 games last season as a defensive end in Chicago's 4-3 defense, finishing with 48 tackles and a solid 7 ½ sacks. NFL.com was first to report the 49ers' interest.

San Francisco presumably is looking at the 6-6, 275-pounder to play defensive end in its 3-4 scheme.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/source-49ers-looking-at-bears-free-agent-idonije.html#storylink=cpy

That would give us Ray Mac, Justin, Dobbs at DE. Dorsey, Williams at NT. Then possibly Idonije at DE. Then the 7th spot could be fought for by Tony Jerrod-Eddie, Will Tuakufu, Lamar Divens, or a draft pick.

We've been linked to quite a few veteran DLineman...but I really don't know why. This draft is SOOOO deep in that area. plus we aren't looking for any starting DE wouldn't it be a better idea to draft backups rather than sign them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Quote:

We've been linked to quite a few veteran DLineman...but I really don't know why. This draft is SOOOO deep in that area. plus we aren't looking for any starting DE wouldn't it be a better idea to draft backups rather than sign them?

Ahhhh. I've been wondering the same thing, particularly after watching the impact to our defense when Justin got hurt. I would really hope we're looking for a future stater or even star at DE not just another guy who can come in and take a few snaps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
As I understand it, Nnamdi excelled at playing man/press coverage. Then Philly signed him up and played him in off coverage. (brilliant!)

His best bet is to sign with the Saints.. as they will have a more aggressive defense with Ryan and use him in the way that once made him really good. Still.. his speed and quickness are declining now.

He's probably debating between playing for SF... geography and likely SB contenders again.. or going to Nola... being used as he should be.. but being part of a rebuild defense.

some of the things I heard was that his speed was declining, and that yes he is good at man press, but how fast would he be in 2-3 years. My thought was I dont think he will get burned downfield like that, and if we take a 1 year flyer on him it cant really hurt. Also im not sure how well you can evaluate his speed based on the the coverage scheme philly had him in.

PFF tweeted this past weekend Nnamdi was lined up in press 54.5% of coverage snaps in 2012. Fourth highest in the NFL. The coverage scheme has become an excuse for his struggles.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
PFF tweeted this past weekend Nnamdi was lined up in press 54.5% of coverage snaps in 2012. Fourth highest in the NFL. The coverage scheme has become an excuse for his struggles.

Sure, but playing press coverage doesn't mean crap when a lot of times Philly asked him to play trail technique. His play end of the season was certainly bad, but at that point the entire team had packed it in. At one point the CBs were playing so conservative just to prevent giving up the big play because the safeties were so bad. 54.5% is still not nearly enough, he should be in press coverage over 70% of the time. His speed has declined some, but when he is allowed to get his hands on the WR and has sound technique, he is fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Sure, but playing press coverage doesn't mean crap when a lot of times Philly asked him to play trail technique. His play end of the season was certainly bad, but at that point the entire team had packed it in. At one point the CBs were playing so conservative just to prevent giving up the big play because the safeties were so bad. 54.5% is still not nearly enough, he should be in press coverage over 70% of the time. His speed has declined some, but when he is allowed to get his hands on the WR and has sound technique, he is fine.

swift has a good point, maybe he has lost a step, also considering the way the eagles were getting gashed in the running game the past 2 seasons maybe he peeked into the backfield more causing hesitation and delays in his turn and run duties

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:

Stanford Routt was pretty good

key word there is "was".

I personally believe Nnamidi has some good FB left in him. You mybe have to rotate him more an let him see less action, go more with matchups etc but I think you let him play on the WR an bring him back to cali an comepete for the SB he will be alot more like his old self in OAK in the shell of him self in Philly.

i agree that he "was" good. he was good in oakland

he said nnamdi wasnt thrown at because the corners on the other side were bad. but that was not true. nnamdi locked his man down and thats the reason he wasnt thrown at. routt was pretty good. but nnamdi in oakland was super great

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
swift has a good point, maybe he has lost a step, also considering the way the eagles were getting gashed in the running game the past 2 seasons maybe he peeked into the backfield more causing hesitation and delays in his turn and run duties

I'm not saying he hasn't lost a step compared to his Oakland days, but with the wide-9 defense the safeties are asked to come up in the run game. The problem? When the CB is in trail technique or in a zone and the safety bites on the PA, everything is screwed up. Nnamdi definitely lost trust in the safeties and was playing hesitant. Eric Davis said the Niners would be perfect for him and he'd get to play a lot of man to man coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat White is coming in to workout for us. Read it on twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:

Yep:

Quote:
Jim Corbett ‏@ByJimCorbett 4h
Former West Virginia QB and Miami Dolphins Wildcatter Pat White to get shot with 49ers for No. 3 spot-- http://usat.ly/105QuIG via @USATODAY

We will probably draft a QB as well, but I don't think White will make the team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Yep:

Quote:
Jim Corbett ‏@ByJimCorbett 4h
Former West Virginia QB and Miami Dolphins Wildcatter Pat White to get shot with 49ers for No. 3 spot-- http://usat.ly/105QuIG via @USATODAY

We will probably draft a QB as well, but I don't think White will make the team.

he can run the scout team for us during camp. help us prepare for the option with having to have kap in perhaps
also i think he has ps eligibility?

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he even on a roster last season? Laughing

If he wasn't, he most definitely will be PS elgible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free agent QB Pat White says he'll work out for the 49ers.
"Coach (Jim Harbaugh) and I had a conversation about me coming in to work out,'' White said Sunday. "We haven't set up a formal date. I'm just going to make sure I keep working hard for when that day comes." It's possible the visit never comes to pass, but it would be White's first since he started off on the comeback trail. The odds are heavily stacked against the former second-round bust cracking someone's 53-man roster.

roto

interesting....
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Free agent QB Pat White says he'll work out for the 49ers.
"Coach (Jim Harbaugh) and I had a conversation about me coming in to work out,'' White said Sunday. "We haven't set up a formal date. I'm just going to make sure I keep working hard for when that day comes." It's possible the visit never comes to pass, but it would be White's first since he started off on the comeback trail. The odds are heavily stacked against the former second-round bust cracking someone's 53-man roster.

roto

interesting....

I read an article about him, a couple of weeks ago. Saying how he's been focusing on his passing, realizing that was probably overlooked when he came out, as the focus was more on the gimmicky wildcat stuff than having an actual quarterback who can throw the ball, and then run the option. I doubt his passing will ever be good enough to be an NFL QB, even in a read-option offense.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Christian Gin ‏@Christian_Gin 34s
RT @RapSheet: Nnamdi Asomugha is still torn between #49ers and #Saints, I'm told. But New Orleans pushing really hard to get him. #Staytuned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 87 of 99

Jump to: