Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when we'll hear about Nnamdi. I don't think Woodson is coming here, he said he feels "shunned" in FA, so I doubt he'll come here. But there's still a chance nnamdi signs, but who knows really.

It's been a week since he visited.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 6m
Freeney, Abraham leave Denver without deals, per @MichelleBeisner http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152735/article/dwight-freeney-john-abraham-leave-denver-without-deals

Come on back to SF Abraham................................

I think Woodson made that comment referring to the lack of attention he has received. The Niners probably told him the same thing they told Nnamdi, and both players were expected to test their market.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JennaLaineBucs: Former Bucs QB Josh Johnson (@jj11F1st) has agreed to terms with the Bengals on a two-year deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think we are done in free agency unless we cut someone else. I thought we had about 5 million in cap space, and we are going to need that for the rookies. Goodwin would give us a good savings, but are the youngsters ready to step in? (I personally think Kilgore is ready but I could be wrong). I'm not sure who else is a possible cut to give us more room.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I honestly think we are done in free agency unless we cut someone else. I thought we had about 5 million in cap space, and we are going to need that for the rookies. Goodwin would give us a good savings, but are the youngsters ready to step in? (I personally think Kilgore is ready but I could be wrong). I'm not sure who else is a possible cut to give us more room.

If Kilgore was ready to take over (i.e. already better than Goodwin), Goodwin would have been cut already.

I think Trent and Paraag must be working on extensions that will save us a few pesos. That's the only way I think we can round up this offseason.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:

If Kilgore was ready to take over (i.e. already better than Goodwin), Goodwin would have been cut already.

I think Trent and Paraag must be working on extensions that will save us a few pesos. That's the only way I think we can round up this offseason.

I would agree on both counts. I like Kilgore as a prospect, and I do think he'd be okay if we interjected him into the starting lineup, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the staff knows better than I do.

As for extensions, I think we would have heard something if it was crabs (something tells me that won't be a silent negotiation), but I could see us working quietly to extend iupati or Anthony Davis. Maybe Justin smith as well.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I wonder when we'll hear about Nnamdi. I don't think Woodson is coming here, he said he feels "shunned" in FA, so I doubt he'll come here. But there's still a chance nnamdi signs, but who knows really.

I heard Casserly on tv today going thru the draft projection for some team (can't remember which one). One of the guys asked about Nnamdi and Charlie said he thought that team already had 3 CBs better than him. Said he couldn't run any more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

I heard Casserly on tv today going thru the draft projection for some team (can't remember which one). One of the guys asked about Nnamdi and Charlie said he thought that team already had 3 CBs better than him. Said he couldn't run any more.

I think nnamdi is probably done as well, though I'm willing to take a low cost flyer on him. Doesnt sound like hes willing to acceot that kind of deal though. I'm not sure he was as good as people thought he was. I think his rep was increased significantly by the fact that no one threw at him...but let's be honest, if you had corners as bad as Oakland did playing across from him, why would you throw at nnamdi anyway.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, Nnamdi excelled at playing man/press coverage. Then Philly signed him up and played him in off coverage. (brilliant!)

His best bet is to sign with the Saints.. as they will have a more aggressive defense with Ryan and use him in the way that once made him really good. Still.. his speed and quickness are declining now.

He's probably debating between playing for SF... geography and likely SB contenders again.. or going to Nola... being used as he should be.. but being part of a rebuild defense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

I think nnamdi is probably done as well, though I'm willing to take a low cost flyer on him. Doesnt sound like hes willing to acceot that kind of deal though. I'm not sure he was as good as people thought he was. I think his rep was increased significantly by the fact that no one threw at him...but let's be honest, if you had corners as bad as Oakland did playing across from him, why would you throw at nnamdi anyway.

Stanford Routt was pretty good

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's just a myth about not throwing at his side. His first season with Philly being paired with two good CBs, he allowed less than 400 yards all season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
As I understand it, Nnamdi excelled at playing man/press coverage. Then Philly signed him up and played him in off coverage. (brilliant!)

His best bet is to sign with the Saints.. as they will have a more aggressive defense with Ryan and use him in the way that once made him really good. Still.. his speed and quickness are declining now.

He's probably debating between playing for SF... geography and likely SB contenders again.. or going to Nola... being used as he should be.. but being part of a rebuild defense.

some of the things I heard was that his speed was declining, and that yes he is good at man press, but how fast would he be in 2-3 years. My thought was I dont think he will get burned downfield like that, and if we take a 1 year flyer on him it cant really hurt. Also im not sure how well you can evaluate his speed based on the the coverage scheme philly had him in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Stanford Routt was pretty good

Kansas city fans would not agree

oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

some of the things I heard was that his speed was declining, and that yes he is good at man press, but how fast would he be in 2-3 years. My thought was I dont think he will get burned downfield like that, and if we take a 1 year flyer on him it cant really hurt. Also im not sure how well you can evaluate his speed based on the the coverage scheme philly had him in.

It's definitely a challenge to assess speed decline, but there are occasions when even I the fan watch some plays and think, "ooh.. yeah, he no longer seems to have the burst acceleration (make-up speed) I remember him to once have."

For Nnamdi, it could be presumptuous comments after simply looking at his age on a piece of paper or laptop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Stanford Routt was pretty good[/quote]

key word there is "was".

I personally believe Nnamidi has some good FB left in him. You mybe have to rotate him more an let him see less action, go more with matchups etc but I think you let him play on the WR an bring him back to cali an comepete for the SB he will be alot more like his old self in OAK in the shell of him self in Philly.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 86 of 99

Jump to: