Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9732
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Steven Jackson "wants to be back with the Rams," and "(won't) be surprised" if the sides agree to a new deal.
The feeling appears to be mutual, as coach Jeff Fisher has spent the week praising Jackson, going as far as to say he wishes he could have coached Jackson earlier in his career. Jackson is essentially a free agent since he has the power to void his $7 million deal for 2013, but it sounds like his first, second and third options are finding a way to remain with the only team he's ever known.

-roto

didnt he ask to void that last year of his contract i thought? would love for him to leave st louis, hes a baller.
but why did he ask for that last year to void? he had a nice salary coming and would have stayed... maybe he didnt ask?

and Laughing at jennings. him percy and wallace all wanting this crazy money. nobody will pay them what there looking for imo
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14839
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral
“@sf_game: @PFCentral hope they get it done. what are chances they trade for harvin? where will Alex smith go?” High and Smith chiefs


No matter how hard i try, I just can't see the niners trading for Harvin. It would take a good amount of decent picks, and Harvin wants a good extension, and we have our own guys to worry about in the next few years. I don't generally concern myself with the "locker room problem", since Harbaugh has shown in his two years that he just doesn't put up with that stuff.

I still think Smith makes the most amount of sense to go to the chiefs, but I will admit that the availability of Nick Foles makes me a little bit nervous about whether or not we will be able to trade him there, and I don't know what other team fits. Reid obviously likes Foles, having drafted him once, and Foles can be seen as QB of the future with potential, where as Alex is a veteran that most people are going to consider to be a stopgap. Also, I think that whole, "Reid likes Alex" thing just stems from something that Trent Dilfer about there being a "courtship" last year, even though I can't remember anyone reporting on it and don't remember anyone confirming what Dilfer said since it's been said. With all of that being said, if the chiefs want to do what's best for their team, they'll trade for Smith. He is better than Foles right now (and there's no guarantee that Foles will become is good as smith is), and also, I'm willing to bet with all of our draft choices this year, that we are completely content to take a pick or two in next year's draft instead. this works for KC as well as they have to believe that they have enough talent on that team that with just an average quarterback they can win 6-8 games and not be drafting first or second in every round. I think the eagles, on the other hand, are going to want a pick (or picks) in this years draft for Foles.


Some people walk into a store and buy whatever they see that appeals to them at whatever price, others will shop around to try to find something of equal value at a better price. We've shown over the past couple of years that we are the latter sort of team. I just can't see us paying top end prices for any FAs. We've got good young players on our team that we need the money to be able to keep. And we've been able to find really good guys for less money than some of the other big name guys have gone for. If Harvin wants to be one of the higher paid WRs in the league it's going to be for some other tam than us ... I think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27651
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions were to place the non-exclusive franchise tag on Cliff Avril, do you think your team would sign him under the conditions that you give up a 2nd and 6th (instead of the usual two 1st round picks)? If not, what value do you think they'd give up?

Just to maybe help understand why you guys might like to do this: it would allow the Smiths to rush the passer more often by switching to a 4-3, you also may need to replace your NT and Ahmad Brooks and it's easier to find a DE & a 4-3 LB than a good NT and a LB as good as Brooks, this would allow you to keep Willis and Bowman on the field more often. I'm making a mock lions offseason and would like to get opinions from teams on the other end of my projected deals.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7869
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
If the Lions were to place the non-exclusive franchise tag on Cliff Avril, do you think your team would sign him under the conditions that you give up a 2nd and 6th (instead of the usual two 1st round picks)? If not, what value do you think they'd give up?

Just to maybe help understand why you guys might like to do this: it would allow the Smiths to rush the passer more often by switching to a 4-3, you also may need to replace your NT and Ahmad Brooks and it's easier to find a DE & a 4-3 LB than a good NT and a LB as good as Brooks, this would allow you to keep Willis and Bowman on the field more often. I'm making a mock lions offseason and would like to get opinions from teams on the other end of my projected deals.


I dont see why we'd move on Avril even with a scheme change on d
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2121
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
If the Lions were to place the non-exclusive franchise tag on Cliff Avril, do you think your team would sign him under the conditions that you give up a 2nd and 6th (instead of the usual two 1st round picks)? If not, what value do you think they'd give up?

Just to maybe help understand why you guys might like to do this: it would allow the Smiths to rush the passer more often by switching to a 4-3, you also may need to replace your NT and Ahmad Brooks and it's easier to find a DE & a 4-3 LB than a good NT and a LB as good as Brooks, this would allow you to keep Willis and Bowman on the field more often. I'm making a mock lions offseason and would like to get opinions from teams on the other end of my projected deals.


I dont see why we'd move on Avril even with a scheme change on d


Yeah, it doesn't really make sense for us, especially with our cap situation. It's just too expensive and not much of a need.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27651
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks for the responses.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 3969
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yahoo! Sports reports the 49ers spent much of Friday checking in with the various agents who represent free-agent cornerbacks.
San Francisco was thought to be in fine shape in the secondary, but then Joe Flacco picked the unit apart in the Super Bowl, causing a bit of a panic. The 49ers sported the league's No. 4 pass defense in the regular season, giving up 200.2 yards per game, but that rose to 306 yards per in the playoffs. Aqib Talib is the top corner in a deep free-agent class.

Per Roto
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7470
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Quote:
Yahoo! Sports reports the 49ers spent much of Friday checking in with the various agents who represent free-agent cornerbacks.
San Francisco was thought to be in fine shape in the secondary, but then Joe Flacco picked the unit apart in the Super Bowl, causing a bit of a panic. The 49ers sported the league's No. 4 pass defense in the regular season, giving up 200.2 yards per game, but that rose to 306 yards per in the playoffs. Aqib Talib is the top corner in a deep free-agent class.

Per Roto


I wouldn't mind talib, though he look to be a little pricy. My guess is we are looking more mid tier like mckelvin or Quentin jammer or maybe even a PACman Jones? Interesting. Unless we are looking to dump rogers, looks like we are searching for secondary solutions outside of a high draft pick
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns are not expected to re-sign free agent Josh Cribbs.
Cribbs is believed to be seeking $2 million annually, and the Browns aren't willing to commit that much to a return specialist. The 49ers and Chargers have shown interest in Cribbs, who's coming off his best year as a returner since 2009.

roto
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7470
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
The Browns are not expected to re-sign free agent Josh Cribbs.
Cribbs is believed to be seeking $2 million annually, and the Browns aren't willing to commit that much to a return specialist. The 49ers and Chargers have shown interest in Cribbs, who's coming off his best year as a returner since 2009.

roto


that would seem like a bit of a waste to me unless we are going to try and incorporate him into the offense a little bit as well. we are already set at kick returner, it's just punt returning that we need help with
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13709
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
The Browns are not expected to re-sign free agent Josh Cribbs.
Cribbs is believed to be seeking $2 million annually, and the Browns aren't willing to commit that much to a return specialist. The 49ers and Chargers have shown interest in Cribbs, who's coming off his best year as a returner since 2009.

roto



Can't be worse than Ginn. I'd trust his hands a lot more, if he were to play some receiver, at least.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
The Browns are not expected to re-sign free agent Josh Cribbs.
Cribbs is believed to be seeking $2 million annually, and the Browns aren't willing to commit that much to a return specialist. The 49ers and Chargers have shown interest in Cribbs, who's coming off his best year as a returner since 2009.

roto



Can't be worse than Ginn. I'd trust his hands a lot more, if he were to play some receiver, at least.


I agree too. He probably could have been a solid WR if the Browns had chosen to use him more there.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news scroll on NFL Network says we have expressed interest in Josh Cribbs.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9732
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
The news scroll on NFL Network says we have expressed interest in Josh Cribbs.


He's just a newer Ginn to me. Returner that offers basically nothing at wr. Would rather draft a young guy at corner or wr that can also return. Like poyer Webb woods austin or Wheaton
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) tweeted at 6:41 PM on Sun, Feb 24, 2013:
49ers also want to re-sign DL Ricky Jean-Francois before agency starts. If he leaves, expect at least 5-6 teams to pursue signing him.
(https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/305824808401256449)
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 9 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group