Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Props from a Steelers fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Props from a Steelers fan Reply with quote

I'm usually more of a lurker on FF but I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations. There's not many organizations I respect more than the Ravens and while I know there were a lot of Steeler fans rooting against you guys to me Baltimore winning it all is just another feather in the cap of AFC North and the rivalry between the two teams in general (which I think is the best in sports). And I've always thought of it more as a brotherly rivalry to begin with since there's so much natural respect there.

Was really happy to see such an awesome player like Ed Reed finally get himself a well deserved ring, and it's always fun to watch a team come together like the Ravens did, overcome some adversity, and go on a run that ends in a rain of confetti. Congrats again and soak it in....obviously the ultimate highlight in being a NFL fan. Smile Cool
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reaction from Steelers fans is so much different than I thought it would be. It feels like a lot of the hatred died down this year and simply turned into mutual respect. Both teams have been so ridiculously successful, it's hard to have any bittterness.

To the greatest rivalry on earth!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... also they're at least glad we kept the 49ers from joining the 6 trophy club. Wink
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
... also they're at least glad we kept the 49ers from joining the 6 trophy club. Wink

Though when we ring off another 4 SBs in a row... I doubt they'll be as happy. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Though when we ring off another 4 SBs in a row... I doubt they'll be as happy. Cool

As long as you don't end up with( said to be released soon ) Harrison on your roster in the process Evil or Very Mad
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

As long as you don't end up with( said to be released soon ) Harrison on your roster in the process Evil or Very Mad

Well he did start out on our practice squad right? Poetic justice. Cool Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a steeler fan I didn't know who to root for but I found myself cheering for the ravens with the big splash plays from jones. Congratulations.
RayBringsPain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
The reaction from Steelers fans is so much different than I thought it would be. It feels like a lot of the hatred died down this year and simply turned into mutual respect. Both teams have been so ridiculously successful, it's hard to have any bittterness.

To the greatest rivalry on earth!

Yes sir...but this offseason is critical for both our continued success. See you in the playoffs Cool
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had so many of my Steeler buddies telling me we were simply their little brothers.

Can't say that anymore, as Pittsburgh and Baltimore have both won 2 championships since the birth of the Ravens.
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd drop in and lay down my congratulations. I didn't think it would be possible to pull for Baltimore, but Ray Lewis and Ed Reed made it easy. Celebrate like champions this summer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: