Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at slot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moparguy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Guys...

We really need to start trimming down on the painfully obvious terrible threads -- take a hint, this is one of them.

26 posts in the thread suggests it's a topic others are interested in discussing even if you aren't.

I apologize for that comment. After reading through the thread, I can see the members of this section of the forum have formed a solid discussion here. I guess it just frustrates me a bit to see that of all the names out there, this is the guy we're talking about. For what it's worth, I just don't believe the Bears to be interested in guys like this that could be (or have been) possible detriments to the team.

This is an organization of class. We didn't waste time with guys like Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson and Sam Hurd; why would we with Young?

Carry on, guys.

As a Lions fan I can flat out tell you that this kid has issues that go way beyond what most players do.

He sucker punched Louis Delmas one of the most respected players on the team

He mouthed off and was insubordinate to the coaching staff.

He sabotaged a game by running Calvin Johnson' routes WHILE CALVIN WAS IN THE GAME. He wasnt getting the ball enough so he stated he was "going to where the ball was" After all that they STILL gave him other chances

He then mouthed off on twitter about the coaching staff and begged them to cut him.

And the final straw? He actually said he was better than Calvin. I mean come on really? While that in in itself isnt really bad it shows how truly deluded he is.

I wouldnt wish this clown on anybody. And the Rams fans think they got a steal. He may be good for awile, but if they dont design the offense around him he will implode
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moparguy wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Guys...

We really need to start trimming down on the painfully obvious terrible threads -- take a hint, this is one of them.

26 posts in the thread suggests it's a topic others are interested in discussing even if you aren't.

I apologize for that comment. After reading through the thread, I can see the members of this section of the forum have formed a solid discussion here. I guess it just frustrates me a bit to see that of all the names out there, this is the guy we're talking about. For what it's worth, I just don't believe the Bears to be interested in guys like this that could be (or have been) possible detriments to the team.

This is an organization of class. We didn't waste time with guys like Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson and Sam Hurd; why would we with Young?

Carry on, guys.

As a Lions fan I can flat out tell you that this kid has issues that go way beyond what most players do.

He sucker punched Louis Delmas one of the most respected players on the team

He mouthed off and was insubordinate to the coaching staff.

He sabotaged a game by running Calvin Johnson' routes WHILE CALVIN WAS IN THE GAME. He wasnt getting the ball enough so he stated he was "going to where the ball was" After all that they STILL gave him other chances

He then mouthed off on twitter about the coaching staff and begged them to cut him.

And the final straw? He actually said he was better than Calvin. I mean come on really? While that in in itself isnt really bad it shows how truly deluded he is.

I wouldnt wish this clown on anybody. And the Rams fans think they got a steal. He may be good for awile, but if they dont design the offense around him he will implode

If they lose Amendola, that may happen.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Quote:
Titus Young - WR - Rams
The Rams have declined comment on rumors Titus Young will be released on Friday.
Detroit-based writer Rob Parker reported Friday morning Young will be waived on Friday, though both the Rams and Young's agent have declined comment. The fact that neither side opted to shoot down the report strongly suggests Young's time in St. Louis will last all of 10 days. If that's indeed the case, it's an extremely bad sign for the troubled receiver's NFL future.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Laughing

Quote:
Titus Young - WR - Rams
The Rams have declined comment on rumors Titus Young will be released on Friday.
Detroit-based writer Rob Parker reported Friday morning Young will be waived on Friday, though both the Rams and Young's agent have declined comment. The fact that neither side opted to shoot down the report strongly suggests Young's time in St. Louis will last all of 10 days. If that's indeed the case, it's an extremely bad sign for the troubled receiver's NFL future.

And confirmed...

Quote:
Rams coach Jeff Fisher did not get into specifics when discussing why the team waived WR Titus Young on Friday.

"We spent probably four or five days with him," said Fisher. "At the end of the interview process, we decided it was best for us to go another direction. Perhaps Titus is better suited for another organization." Fisher did say the Rams put Young through an "extended interview process." Unsurprisingly, Young's interviews were unimpressive. He's likely to clear waivers now.

Laughing
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was fast.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to work damn hard to get Jeff Fisher to throw up his hands and say 'I'm done'. Damn fine work Titus.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how fast this happened, I'm thinking that Fisher planned all along just to claim him and bring him in for an extended interview. He probably had no plans to keep him unless he really interviewed well.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now we know who the first player added off of the free agent pile to everybody's Madden roster will be this fall...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: