Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Rob Ryan basically a done deal!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Kind of want someone fresh and young. Wouldn't be upset with Crennel though. If he's the guy, what happens with Bunkley?

Here's my take on Crennel... Experience wise we can't get better but his 2 gap scheme and personnel hes always targeted for it will differ a lot from what we currently have.

1st... these dynamic pass rushers on the edge are one thing but Crennel will want bigger and more stout run defenders. Think more along the line of Ryan Kerrigan, Tamba Hali, Lamarr Woodley.

2nd... The inside backers will always be bigger, taller run defenders.

3rd... The massive 2 gap space eating NT becomes top poirioty, Bunkley will not fit.

I do however feel that Jordan and Hicks would fit in really nice in Crennels scheme though. Martez Wilson as well but only as an ILB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of hope we get someone fresh. I know Crennel is skilled at running a 3-4 D, but I want someone young and hungry for success. Tomsula is the guy I really want.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
I kind of hope we get someone fresh. I know Crennel is skilled at running a 3-4 D, but I want someone young and hungry for success. Tomsula is the guy I really want.

I agree but I will say this... if Crennel does turn out to be the hire, it will be a solid hire but I could only say that Cam Jordan and Akiem Hicks should be the only players to feel comfortable heading into this offseason because I can honestly make a case that all the others are bad fits in Crennels 2 gap scheme.

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a 2 gap scheme, our entire DL fits perfectly. I think Bunkley would excel, as he'd line up directly over the C and control the A gap. Hicks and Jordan fit perfectly at end as well. Junior Galette fits the description of weakside OLB perfectly and Martez Wilson fits as a strong side ILB to a "T". Lofton doesn't fit as a weakside ILB at all, so thats an issue and we have no one on the roster to play strong side OLB but Dion Jordan would fit that role amazingly.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
In a 2 gap scheme, our entire DL fits perfectly. I think Bunkley would excel, as he'd line up directly over the C and control the A gap. Hicks and Jordan fit perfectly at end as well. Junior Galette fits the description of weakside OLB perfectly and Martez Wilson fits as a strong side ILB to a "T". Lofton doesn't fit as a weakside ILB at all, so thats an issue and we have no one on the roster to play strong side OLB but Dion Jordan would fit that role amazingly.

It's not just 1 gap vs 2 gap when you hire Crennel. Personnel type is a major factor. In Romeos past he has ALWAYS coveted and gotten the big massive NT that could occupy space and blockers, its not just about controlling the A gap but both of them. Bunkley will not be able to do this effectively in Crennels scheme.

I could see Galette working out, maybe but Wilson cannot set the edge in the run game like Crennel will expect in his scheme and would likely be more benfitical to Crennel inside so Romeo can take advantage of his length and coverage ability.

I just feel while Crennel would be a solid hire if your looking to build a 34 but if your expecting him to come in and use the current personnel here its a bad hire.

Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

It's not just 1 gap vs 2 gap when you hire Crennel. Personnel type is a major factor. In Romeos past he has ALWAYS coveted and gotten the big massive NT that could occupy space and blockers, its not just about controlling the A gap but both of them. Bunkley will not be able to do this effectively in Crennels scheme.

I could see Galette working out, maybe but Wilson cannot set the edge in the run game like Crennel will expect in his scheme and would likely be more benfitical to Crennel inside so Romeo can take advantage of his length and coverage ability.

I just feel while Crennel would be a solid hire if your looking to build a 34 but if your expecting him to come in and use the current personnel here its a bad hire.

Galette can definitely play WOLB, and I said Wilson would play SILB. He fits it perfectly.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Drew Brees getting older, and him/Colston/Graham/Grubbs/Evans getting more expensive by the year, we need a DC who can work with who we've got, not a guy that's gonna need a bunch of FAs to come in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
With Drew Brees getting older, and him/Colston/Graham/Grubbs/Evans getting more expensive by the year, we need a DC who can work with who we've got, not a guy that's gonna need a bunch of FAs to come in.

I agree... Crennel is the 34 version of Spagnuolo

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

I agree... Crennel is the 34 version of Spagnuolo

well said

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that though the season Sean Payton has become an expert on defense. He probably locked himself in a room trying to figure out how to stop modern offenses. If he accurately came to the conclusion that the 3-4 suits our personnel better, I would be surprised if he also hadn't come to the conclusion that the 1-gap is also the better fit. If Crennel is the guy...why wait? He could have been on the sidelines fit the senior bowl with Loomis and Payton if he was the guy. I don't think he is plan A.

Plan A is either a Superbowl positions coach or a college head coach/DC. That is really the only thing that makes sense. Romeo coups actually make more money next year being a D-line coach next year because of money owed by the Browns.

My pick for DC...drum roll.

Teryl Austin. Current secondary coach Baltimore Ravens.

Widely regarded as one of the best secondary coaches in the NFL. Has been around 3-4 throughout Ravens defensive dominance. The secondary is such a cluster that it could use a brilliant mind to sort out.

Added bonus #1. Increase the probability of Ed Reed coming home to Nawlins.

Added bonus #2. Ray Lewis. Love him or hate him...he is one of the most brilliant leaders of the LB of alltime. He is your new LB coach.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
I believe that though the season Sean Payton has become an expert on defense. He probably locked himself in a room trying to figure out how to stop modern offenses. If he accurately came to the conclusion that the 3-4 suits our personnel better, I would be surprised if he also hadn't come to the conclusion that the 1-gap is also the better fit. If Crennel is the guy...why wait? He could have been on the sidelines fit the senior bowl with Loomis and Payton if he was the guy. I don't think he is plan A.

Plan A is either a Superbowl positions coach or a college head coach/DC. That is really the only thing that makes sense. Romeo coups actually make more money next year being a D-line coach next year because of money owed by the Browns.

Widely regarded as one of the best secondary coaches in the NFL. Has been around 3-4 throughout Ravens defensive dominance. The secondary is such a cluster that it could use a brilliant mind to sort out.

Added bonus #2. Ray Lewis. Love him or hate him...he is one of the most brilliant leaders of the LB of alltime. He is your new LB coach.

So you think Vitt gets relieved of duty? Yes, I said duty...sue me!

^NS922 on the sig^
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way Ray Lewis becomes an assistant coach of some sort is for the Ravens. I doubt we can get Reed, although that would be great.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

Yes. Assistant HC. He is clueless about 3-4...Payton knows that.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:

Yes. Assistant HC. He is clueless about 3-4...Payton knows that.

Ok. First off I highly doubt Ray Lewis will do anything for any other team (he IS a Raven thru and thru). And second, perhaps Joe Vitt is clueless about 3-4 defences but I don't see him going anywhere and to make him assisstant HC with no other responsibilities... well that's just ridiculous.

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis has a cushy gig lined up at ESPN already, anyway I personally don't want him anywhere around this team.

Just my opinion but I feel Toomer got it right about Lewis and until Lewis is ready to answer the hard questions instead of giving these phony comments

[removed] please do not discuss religion.

"Beware of wolves in sheep clothing"

Dat is all I will say on that topic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: