Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

February 2nd, 2014- Do we win the Superbowl?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we win the SB in the 2013 season?
No- We don't make the playoffs
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
No- We make the playoffs but lose before the SB
37%
 37%  [ 13 ]
No- We lose the SB again
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yes- We win ring # 6
54%
 54%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 35

49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: February 2nd, 2014- Do we win the Superbowl? Reply with quote

How far do we make it next year? And do we win the big game?

After calming down i realize we still have a top 5 HC and a young franchise QB. It may be one of the better HC/QB combos in the league and they're just getting started. However, the NFC is going to very tough. Personally, i expect the Packers, Seahawks, Giants, Falcons, and Saints to compete with us for a playoff spot at a minimum in the NFC.

I also think the Rams and Eagles could compete. Redskins could too but i think they'll fall off. Cowboys have a really great all around coaching staff now.

Don't see the Lions, Bears, Vikings, Cardinals, Panthers, or Bucs being big NFC contenders, but you never know.

In the AFC, our worst matchup continues to be the Ravens and a healthy Steelers, IMO. They're the teams i least want to face. We stand a much better shot at any other team.

Looking at our schedule, i have us going 12-4 with losses to the Seahawks , Rams, Saints, and Packers in the regular season. Playoffs? 12-4 should be good for the division but SEA could be 12-4 or better and win it from us.

As for the playoffs..who knows.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#6 is coming...
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be honest, I think we make the NFC championship game again at least but I'm not sure if we win it or not. Never mind the effect losing the SB has on a team most of the time. This team is talented but we just seem to always have 'something' happen that screws things up.

Last year it was special teams in the NFC Championship game. This year it was the defense at fault most of the time in the SB although that return for a touchdown was the nail in the coffin imo.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost seems like the recipe the last 3 years has been- start the year good, get some injuries in the middle and go through a slump, get healthy, end the year with a convincing win, and get hot in the playoffs.

Thats what worked for the Packers, Giants, and Ravens. All won 10 games or less. Seems rare nowadays that the best team in the league wins it all.

I'd rather go 19-0 than anything. But who figured 2012 would be the Ravens year. Coming off a devastating loss. 4 straight years of playoff disappointment.

I hope our guys use this as fuel to come back next year. I know Justin would have already been in the weight room if he was healthy.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, after a heartbreaking loss yesterday, I think the players now know getting to the Super Bowl is not everything but to win it is ... They'll go win it with better preparation and more focus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we get to the playoffs but lose before the super bowl
i would love to get back. but nfc chamionship game. super bowl. super bowl? not saying its impossible but that just doesnt seem likely

new sig... sorry alex
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i would love to get back. but nfc chamionship game. super bowl. super bowl? not saying its impossible but that just doesnt seem likely

Why not?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Why not?

just too touch to do. we have been lucky with injuries for the most part. and getting that far again, it just seems to difficult to do

it could and hopefully with happen but just my opinion

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Why not?

just too touch to do. we have been lucky with injuries for the most part. and getting that far again, it just seems to difficult to do

it could and hopefully with happen but just my opinion

The thing is, we managed to get to the superbowl despite still being growing as a team. Imagine what we can do once the offense has matured, and once we get more depth on defense to keep the players fresh all the way through the season and playoffs. We almost won the Superbowl, and we still have a lot of room to grow. I think the Superbowl window will be open until our 2011 class starts collecting money, and even then, we'll have a shot every year. We have to be favorites for the next two years, at least.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We win the SB, the stick gets demolished, and we get a new stadium. Sounds like a good plan to me
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think something we must be afraid of is teams starting to figure out Kaep as well as the read option. We were able to abuse teams with that as they struggled to figure out a way to counter it. History would tell us that overtime they will start to progress against it a bit. And while Kaep has proved he is more than capable of being a Pocket Passer, he has not shown the ability to beat the all out blitz...nor extreme pressure. He has also shown that he struggles to read defenses and who will be open in the redzone. But then again he has only faced 3 good defenses IMO, and he lost to all 3 (St. Louis, Seattle, Ravens)

Now we are more than capable of getting there again, but obviously it is way to early to talk about it IMO

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Kaepernick, AJ Jenkins, LaMichael James, and Joe Staley will be back to work soon in the goal for six.

Staley

https://twitter.com/jstaley74/status/299040986271739905

Quote:
@LaMichaelJames if u wanna hear it I'll be in the weigh room next monday. No rest in NFL. LAMICHAEL JAMES (musburger voice)

James

https://twitter.com/LaMichaelJames/status/299041311644848128

Quote:
@jstaley74 no doubt! Lol ill c u soon mayn! Thanks for entertaining me off the field lol my bro to the end 👍

Kaepernick

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick will begin training for the 2013 season within a week.
Kaepernick is reportedly "steaming" about San Francisco's Super Bowl loss to Baltimore and has already made plans with teammates for a quick training turnaround. Led by Kaepernick, 49ers players will head to Atlanta for workouts.
If there were any lingering questions about Kaepernick's "leadership skills" or work ethic, this is a pretty strong answer. On Tuesday, Kaepernick described his breakout 2012 season to reporters "as not being good enough."

rotoworld.com

Jenkins

Quote:
He (Jenkins) said he'd go home to Jacksonville for a "couple of days" and, as soon as he could, return to Santa Clara to work with strength coach Mark Uyeyama. He also said he would spend time in Atlanta with Kaepernick and continue working on their chemistry.

"Me and him already are great friends off the field," Jenkins said. "So hopefully, we can get that chemistry on the field.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/02/aj-jenkins-to-train-with-kaepernick-wants-to-return-a-totally-different-player.html#storylink=cpy
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donte Whitner

Quote:
“We take steps every year. Last year we made it to the NFC Championship with no expectations. This year we made it to the Super Bowl and five yards from the championship,” Whitner said, via CSNBayArea.com. “Next year we gonna win this thing. Nobody cares about second place.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/donte-whitner-next-year-were-gonna-win-this-thing/

Even if we fall short, i like the confidence.
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know man, things change quickly in this league and our division is only getting better. Sure hope so but I'm not as confident as others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Donte Whitner

Quote:
“We take steps every year. Last year we made it to the NFC Championship with no expectations. This year we made it to the Super Bowl and five yards from the championship,” Whitner said, via CSNBayArea.com. “Next year we gonna win this thing. Nobody cares about second place.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/donte-whitner-next-year-were-gonna-win-this-thing/

Even if we fall short, i like the confidence.

Yep. We got to believe.

This was not a fluke team that reached the Super Bowl and are in over their heads by believing they will win. We are a serious contenders and we now understand what it takes to win. This is what makes NE a title contender year in and year out.

No problem with this soft gaurantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: