Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tibo post senior bowl mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8675
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Tibo post senior bowl mock Reply with quote

For this mock I am not including trades, however I feel if we dont trade down in the 1st we will definatley be trading down in some other rounds. In which case we should be able to still get some of these players if we dont move to far down. I tried to select guys who can start, have future potential to start or at worst be solid backups.

1. D. Moore DE Texas A&M
I really think he will help our pass rush without giving up plays in the run game. I like him more than all the other players projected as 4-3 pass rushing DE. After him I like Jones/Okafor but way to high for them.

3. B. Winters OG/OT Kent St.
Most likely will be an OG but can easily play OT if we need him to as that is the only position he played in College. Real tough physical player with some athleticism. Loves to play football and knock guys down. Plays through the whistle.

4. S. Moore OLB Connecticut
One of my favorite players in this draft. Like him almost as much as L. David last season. I could see him as our starting WLB as early as this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695590

STRENGHTS: Reads the action quickly and has the speed to close, making him a classic 4-3 weak-side linebacker candidate. He was a versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker for the Huskies, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills at the Shrine Game, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident.


WEAKNESSES: At his size, Moore will need to continue to improve his strength in taking on and shedding blocks.

6a. J. Boyd DT Miss St.
Run stuffer that can occasionally pass rush. Played well in college and helped himself at Senior Bowl. Very quick off the snap for a big guy. Would compete for a starting spot, backup at worst.


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664359/josh-boyd

Boyd has an explosive burst off the snap, generating even better quickness than Cox. He also flashes a terrific arm-over swim move and generally uses his hands well as he initially attacks his opponent.


Unfortunately, the lateral agility and flexibility that made Cox such a unique pass rusher from the inside is not (at least not yet) part of Boyd's repertoire. When his initial move doesn't beat the opponent, he's often left in a shoving match with the guard/center/both and does not appear to have the straight-line speed to consistently track down ball-carriers in pursuit like Cox does.


Boyd also has a tendency to play to the level of his opponent, though this may be a reflection of his inability to consistently make big plays against offenses who pass the ball frequently. Against talented ball-control teams (like Alabama, LSU, Georgia), Boyd's ability to stuff the middle and make an occasional play behind the line of scrimmage stands out.


6b. Q. Smith DE Western Kentucy
If his stock stays low and we are lucky enough to get him we should take him. If not taking a chance on M. Hughes here wouldnt be a bad idea either..

6c: M. Mauti ILB Penn St.
Coming off injuries but good 3 down LB. We can fill all the holes but Mauti is good enough to play in this league if he stays healthy.


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620022/michael-mauti

Mauti is a good, not great, athlete with adequate physical tools for the next level, but his best attributes are his natural awareness and decisive read/react skills. Based on his instincts and playing temperament, Mauti reminds scouts of former Lions Paul Posluszny and Sean Lee (both second round NFL Draft picks), but his durability, including a healthy senior season, will determine his NFL draft value.

7a: K. Wooten CB Nevada
Excellent CB who could start at nickel if needed. Can play the outside well also. I could even see him filling in at FS as he is a sure tackler and has some weight behind him even though he is only 5' 11". I think we will find our other CB's in UDFA and FA.

7b: E. Fisher OT Missouri
Once regarding as a top prospect before getting injured he could be a steal here if he can stay healthy. Backup for now but he could push a starter for a job in a year or two once he gets to his NFL weight/strength.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1619834/elvis-fisher

Pass blocking: Solid pass protector who plays with a wide base. Lacks a fluid, quick kick-slide but does not get beaten outside. Flashes quickness to down-block and still pushes wide rushers or late blitzers around the pocket. Cuts down ends quickly and thoroughly on quick passes to his side. Gives too much ground against bull rushes, is always moving backwards and must anchor more quickly against NFL ends. Overextends to sustain at times instead of punching and recoiling. Inconsistent recovery speed, may struggle there at the next level. Used as tight end on unbalanced line.


Run blocking: Good strength as run-blocker on the edge, displays power and footwork to direct oncoming defenders out of running lanes. Gets after his man and stays on the block through the whistle, resetting his hands and moving his feet. Almost always in two-point stance in Missouri's pass-blocking scheme, looks naturally strong and quick with his hand down.


Pulling/trapping: Not asked to trap or pull in Missouri's pass-blocking scheme. Looks to have enough foot speed to trap inside if moved to guard, has aggression and willingness to sustain to knock out linebackers in his path. May have difficulty, however, doing more than get hand on inside targets due to average agility and flexibility.


Initial Quickness: Possesses adequate speed getting out of his two-point stance. Does not lose initial contact battle very often, but technique must be perfect to stay with quicker NFL ends. Capable reach-blocker, can direct quick tackles past the ballcarrier.


Downfield: Used in front of receiver screens, hits multiple targets and will sustain once latched on. Lacks the quickness to adjust to quicker defenders in space, will lunge and miss.


Intangibles: Media-friendly talker. Came to Missouri as a hard worker and has only continued to improve in the weight room and practice field. Gives full effort every play on the field.


-----------------------------------------------

Overall I am happy with what I have here but there are so many players I wish I could have put up there. Hopefully we get more picks.

Decided we would hit CB in FA and we will likely let the guys we have all compete at WR including the PS and IR guys from last year.

I have probably said it before but one name I would target in FA is McKelvin. Fills two roles for us at reasonable price.
-------------------------
QB: Palmer, Pryor
RB: DMC, Goodson, Jones(ST)
FB: Reece, Olawale(FB/RB)
WR: Moore, Streeter, DHB, Ford, Criner, Calhoun/Hagan(1 of 2)
TE: Meyers, Gordon, Ausberry
OT: Veldheer, Barnes, Fisher(Elvis)
OG: Winters, Bergstrom, Nix, Hurd (most of these guys can play OT also)
OC: Wiz, Parsons

DT: Bryant, Bilukidi, Boyd, Jones/FA
DE: Houston, Moore, Shagnessey, Smith
WLB: Moore, Clayton
SLB: Wheeler, Burris, Burnett/Kurn
ILB: Mauti, Gaither
SS: Branch, Mitchell
FS: Huff, Nelms/Ansah
CB: Adams, Ross, McKelvin, Chekwa, Wooten, Hanson

K: Jano
P: King
LS: Condo


Last edited by TiberiusRising on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but i dont know much about the players outside Moore and Winters.
But i like the positions addressed.

My only thought would be Smith in the 6th rd. Dont know much about him, but Im not sure if we need to draft two DE this year.

I like Houston and with Moore on the other side I think we have 2 solid DEs.. were you thinking of moving him side? if so then no problems.

Again I dont know much about the lower rated players but I would rather draft a Olineman in that spot.

But again Id be happy with the draft looking like this
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd substitute Montori Hughes for Boyd in the sixth round but other than that I like it. I love the Sio Moore and Quanterus Smith selections, two of my favorite prospects in this years class.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5360
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:


My only thought would be Smith in the 6th rd. Dont know much about him, but Im not sure if we need to draft two DE this year.

I like Houston and with Moore on the other side I think we have 2 solid DEs.. were you thinking of moving him side? if so then no problems.


I actually think drafting two pass rushers is a very good idea. If we draft Moore that is a step in the right direction, but that onlymgives our D one pass rusher. A guy like Smith would provide depth and be a nice rotational guy in passing situations especially.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is one of the most underrated prospects in this years class. He's recovering from a torn ACL so he may need some more time to rehab and most likely won't be a huge contributor during his rookie season but he has the long-term potential to be a very good pass rusher in the NFL. Against Alabama he literally dominated D.J. Fluker the entire game and was in the backfield and sacking the quarterback all year at Western Kentucky before the injury. He needs to add some weight but he's tall and lengthy and has an explosive first step off the line of scrimmage. If nothing more he'll be a nice situational pass rusher.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:


My only thought would be Smith in the 6th rd. Dont know much about him, but Im not sure if we need to draft two DE this year.

I like Houston and with Moore on the other side I think we have 2 solid DEs.. were you thinking of moving him side? if so then no problems.


I actually think drafting two pass rushers is a very good idea. If we draft Moore that is a step in the right direction, but that onlymgives our D one pass rusher. A guy like Smith would provide depth and be a nice rotational guy in passing situations especially.


Yea in no means am i trying to say that by drafting moore means we dont need to address the DE position at all.

just that before we go for depth at a position like DE, we should look to solidfy other positions first.
The way I see it, Our oline needs a C, RG,and a RT (LG, if wiz stays at C), so i would be looking at drafting one of each position.

Because, if we luck out on the pick, Id rather have draft a starting Olineman than a depth DE

thats just my opinion though
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8675
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point however my reasoning is for now and future. Basically a Pass rushing DE is going to command more money than a journeyman OL which is what you could hope for in the 6th. We cant afford the next year or two to be paying veteren pass rushers. Also if Moore gets hurt we are sol not to mention moving Houston inside on passing downs or 3rd and long and then your line looks like Smith-Houston-Bryant-Moore or some combination of that. Moore is also a versitle guy and once he adds some weight you will see him bounce inside some.

More importantly we already have 6th round type OL on the roster. I select a starting OG and backup OT in my mock that can compete with Nix, Bergstrom, Parsons, Hurd, Foster, Slowey, and probably Barnes for the 3 open spots on the OL. And that does not include FA where we can get a guy for cheap. Thats 9 guys before FA competing for 3 starting spots and likely 2-3 backup spots.

I also added some links for some info on some other guys but if you look them up you should be able to get some good information and game videos on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2515
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about the 2 7th rounder, but I like the other picks!
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22236
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quan Smith/Mike Mauti

The most cliche overused late round picks on every mock in every forum on footballs future.

Time to find some new sleepers. Everybody is already on these guys nuts.

Otherwise, okay mock. I think Moore is just 'a guy' and will never warrant the #3 overall pick. Sio Moore is a solid selection, like his game, but have to wonder if his stock rises as he's already put together a nice offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quan Smith/Mike Mauti

The most cliche overused late round picks on every mock in every forum on footballs future.

Time to find some new sleepers. Everybody is already on these guys nuts.

Otherwise, okay mock. I think Moore is just 'a guy' and will never warrant the #3 overall pick. Sio Moore is a solid selection, like his game, but have to wonder if his stock rises as he's already put together a nice offseason.


It really is tough picking others at #3 for a mock for us. Star or Geno are options I guess. But I don't think they get to 3. If I was doing trades, I would have had us trading down to 8-13 range and picking Dion Jordan or Chance Warmack.

I think this is a solid mock draft for us, hits a lot of needs. Although I'd probably rearrange the order of how we address our issues a bit. But that's just opinion. Everyone knows mine since I posted my last mock. Even you didn't criticize it so I assume I did a good job lol.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22236
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Quan Smith/Mike Mauti

The most cliche overused late round picks on every mock in every forum on footballs future.

Time to find some new sleepers. Everybody is already on these guys nuts.

Otherwise, okay mock. I think Moore is just 'a guy' and will never warrant the #3 overall pick. Sio Moore is a solid selection, like his game, but have to wonder if his stock rises as he's already put together a nice offseason.


It really is tough picking others at #3 for a mock for us. Star or Geno are options I guess. But I don't think they get to 3. If I was doing trades, I would have had us trading down to 8-13 range and picking Dion Jordan or Chance Warmack.

I think this is a solid mock draft for us, hits a lot of needs. Although I'd probably rearrange the order of how we address our issues a bit. But that's just opinion. Everyone knows mine since I posted my last mock. Even you didn't criticize it so I assume I did a good job lol.


I'll have to go back and look at it. I was busy that week with something.

I need to post mine. I just can't settle on anyone at #3 and I dislike trade scenarios. Soon.....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I see your point however my reasoning is for now and future. Basically a Pass rushing DE is going to command more money than a journeyman OL which is what you could hope for in the 6th. We cant afford the next year or two to be paying veteren pass rushers. Also if Moore gets hurt we are sol not to mention moving Houston inside on passing downs or 3rd and long and then your line looks like Smith-Houston-Bryant-Moore or some combination of that. Moore is also a versitle guy and once he adds some weight you will see him bounce inside some.

More importantly we already have 6th round type OL on the roster. I select a starting OG and backup OT in my mock that can compete with Nix, Bergstrom, Parsons, Hurd, Foster, Slowey, and probably Barnes for the 3 open spots on the OL. And that does not include FA where we can get a guy for cheap. Thats 9 guys before FA competing for 3 starting spots and likely 2-3 backup spots.

I also added some links for some info on some other guys but if you look them up you should be able to get some good information and game videos on them.


Yea fair enough, i guess it all depends on what we do in FA.
regardless well done man
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group