Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vernon Davis in the postseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really random lady I think. I see him retweet her stuff

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franchise QBs hardly every leave teams, and Kaepernick is not going anywhere. The reality is we will at some point end up letting go of one of our top guns due to the salary cap. I definitely don't want any of our OL to go aside from Goodwin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Franchise QBs hardly every leave teams, and Kaepernick is not going anywhere. The reality is we will at some point end up letting go of one of our top guns due to the salary cap. I definitely don't want any of our OL to go aside from Goodwin.

i know hes staying here. i was just saying i hope he doesnt demand huge money, and is a team guy and takes a lower amount

top qbs never leave there teams. unless they have season ending neck surgery

new sig... sorry alex
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
I would like to get a more natural, smoother route runner at TE this offseason to balance out VD. If this TE had WR speed like Walker does that would be great too.

We have a touch decision on hand with Walker. This guy is a tremendous blocker and has the potential to be a factor in the passing game. However, he is not a sure handed TE, and may get more money elsewhere.

i also think he can get more cash elsewhere. but idk i feel like he loves it here. him and dix to me just love it here it seems

i hope he takes less to stay. im also thinking into the future and hoping kap does the same, and doesnt demand top qb money like flacco is. i know hes good, but hopefully he would rather win.

but money is money. some of these guys couldnt give a f about wins it seems
so Kaep continues to ball out and becomes elite or performs @ an elite level he's not about the team if he ask for top tier money? Flacco just had an all-time post season(Montana type) and the team let him get here by not increasing their offer...so he's suppose to what take a discount now?

I find it funny fans want top tier player but for mid level or decent salaries. Can't have it both ways. This is all part of winning. Coaches get better jobs and player get bigger pay days.

If Kaep continues to improve and that leads to him becoming elite...we need to pay him whatever the going rate is for elite QB. Same with Aldon when he's asking for elite pass rushing money in 2 yrs.
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for a full yr of Kaep to VD and Crabtree. Hopefully VD can channel some of his playoff beastly numbers into the reg season. Should be fun.
blast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned Kaep staying for less money. I think all players want at LEAST ONE big pay day. If they earn it then give it to them, especially with how short a football players career is.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Kap learned how to float balls in his belly. That has made all the difference.

Seriously? I remeber him floating balls to him just fine in his first start against the Bears. As CK has always stated, he throws to the guy who's open. IMO, the Ravens and the Falcons both have supar SS who lack range and LBs who can't run. Pollard and Ray Lewis are horrible in coverage and Falcons have huge issues covering TEs, thus you saw VD in a lot of favorable match-ups. He only had one catch versus the Packers. Teams who have good secondaries are still going to be able to handcuff VD if they make it a priority. Which is why guys on the outside will have to continue to step up. Crabs made himself into someone teams started to double in the playoffs, which led to more opportunities for VD. The more guys team's have to account for, the less teams can focus strictly on VD. The pistol also played a part. LBs can't just lock on to VD out of those packages, they have to stay disciplined and play their run fits, which creates huge holes off of the play-action out of the pistol. A lot of VD's big catches came in these instances.
LeonSandcastle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Yeh some guys are natural catchers as you see with crabtree coming across the middle and catcing with his hands in stride vs. vernon who has to catch with his body and bread basket everything. But knowing the the of routes he likes we did a good job getting him in those routes

Drove me NUTS how he has to turn around and face the QB to bredbasket catch a ball! Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, but he could be THE beast with the additional YAC from not doing a 360 on every downfield reception!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: