Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Waiver/Release Wire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's someone I'd strongly consider if he's willing to sign a minimum benefit contract:

S Gerald Sensabaugh, just released by the 'boys.

What's a minimum benefit contract?

It's a one year contract for the veteran minimum (plus a max of 50k$ in certain bonuses). The player will be paid the vet minimum (in Sensabaugh's case with 7b years of credit service 840 k$), however, the contract only counts 555 k$ against the cap (the vet minimum of a third year player). Some restrictions apply though...
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According twitter, Jared Cook is not getting tagged, any interest?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, Cook is another all about me guy, which questionable results in my opinion.

Plus, he thinks he's a WR, which will probably put him out of our price range.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if we can just sign Bowe, there are a lot of TE's both through the draft and that will hit the market available. That would be a good help for Smith.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with what we have done so far I have to think now our #1 need us starting CB opposite flowers. Whether we plan on talking milliner #1 overall in draft or signing a fa like DRC, just don't know if we will have the money for fa route but IMO CB is a huge need
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Well with what we have done so far I have to think now our #1 need us starting CB opposite flowers. Whether we plan on talking milliner #1 overall in draft or signing a fa like DRC, just don't know if we will have the money for fa route but IMO CB is a huge need

I just don't know how much money we will have left to sign a bigger name like a Sean Smith or DRC. Those guys are more than likely going to be expecting a big contract and I don't know that I see the consistency from either to warrant that type of long term contractual committment. Personally, if it comes down to allocation of resources, I would rather spend the money on someone like Bradley Fletcher, Greg Toler, or even Chris Gamble (who is likely to be cut by the Panthers and is a solid option if the price is right) for less than $4 million or so per year than go all in for Smith or DRC and tie up a significant amount of cap room for a player (both Smith and DRC) that can be frustratingly inconsistent.

I would be happy with someone like Bradley Fletcher and a middle round draft pick (Slay, Ryan, Gratz, McFadden, etc.)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I mentioned milliner in the first. We need a STARTER at the position not depth players. Do if we can't pony up money for a quality fa cb then I think we need to go milliner round 1
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
That's why I mentioned milliner in the first. We need a STARTER at the position not depth players. Do if we can't pony up money for a quality fa cb then I think we need to go milliner round 1

What is wrong with Bradley Fletcher, Greg Toler, or Chris Gamble opposite Flowers? Fletcher and Toler have upside and starting experience and Gamble definitely has starting experience but is more of a veteran stopgap.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

I just don't know how much money we will have left to sign a bigger name like a Sean Smith or DRC. Those guys are more than likely going to be expecting a big contract and I don't know that I see the consistency from either to warrant that type of long term contractual committment. Personally, if it comes down to allocation of resources, I would rather spend the money on someone like Bradley Fletcher, Greg Toler, or even Chris Gamble (who is likely to be cut by the Panthers and is a solid option if the price is right) for less than $4 million or so per year than go all in for Smith or DRC and tie up a significant amount of cap room for a player (both Smith and DRC) that can be frustratingly inconsistent.

I would be happy with someone like Bradley Fletcher and a middle round draft pick (Slay, Ryan, Gratz, McFadden, etc.)

What about a guy like Stanford Routt, what do you spose we could get him for? Wink

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

What is wrong with Bradley Fletcher, Greg Toler, or Chris Gamble opposite Flowers? Fletcher and Toler have upside and starting experience and Gamble definitely has starting experience but is more of a veteran stopgap.

Those are all guys we targeted in FFMD. I think they are great additions. I like Toler as he is a bigger corner and gives us something this roster is lacking.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cullen jenkins visiting with SF today then going to Oakland.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insider reporting Chiefs will contact Jared Cook's reps.

Where is this money coming from?
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Honestly, I'm starting to get concerned we're going to do something that I would view as dumb like cut Berry or Tamba. I have no idea how they are going to afford to fill out our roster at this point.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

Honestly, I'm starting to get concerned we're going to do something that I would view as dumb like cut Berry or Tamba. I have no idea how they are going to afford to fill out our roster at this point.

Wow...I am pretty surprised by this unless it is more of a case of Dorsey simply kicking the tires. I doubt Cook would come cheap and I have to believe there will be a decent amount of suitors lining up to talk to him and his agent.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, me too. My only thought is they've had preliminary discussions with some guys about freeing up substantial space. IF you follow Tamba on twitter, he's really pumped about what has been happening, so maybe he's gonna be re-working his deal.

Berry and Tamba should be two of the last guys we consider cutting. I'd rather pull the tag from Albert (can't we just do that for some amount of time.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: