You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Waiver/Release Wire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
League sources tell CBS' Jason La Canfora that Jermichael Finley is not expected to be with the Packers next season.
Finley is owed a $3.5 million roster bonus in March in addition to his $4.45 million in 2013 base salary. Coming off a season in which he seemed to clash with Aaron Rodgers while recording just 667 yards and two touchdowns in 16 games, we could certainly see the Pack moving on. However, some local reports have Finley sticking thanks to a mini-resurgence late in the season. Expect the Packers to hold off as long as possible on a decision here, in part so they can evaluate the health of potential replacement Andrew Quarless (torn ACL).

"League sources" is probably Finley's agent beating the drum.
Not sure if the Pack would outright cut him - but depending on when his bonus is due they may have no chance. Could be an option especially if Kevin Boss does not return (which I consider pretty likely).

Would love Finley here. Fills a big hole with a guy who has top5 potential but hasn't lived up to the hype yet. A young QB and a change of scenery might be the best situation for him. Especially with how much Reid likes to throw.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley would be a big get. Geno, Bowe, Charles, and Finely would be nice young core.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants cut RB Ahmad Bradshaw

Giants cut DE/DT Chris Canty

Eagles cut OT Demetress Bell

Caplan says Eagles may be forced to release Cullen Jenkins as well as Mike Vick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:

How about that guy.
Was due about 4M$/yr with the Giants. 200 carries/yr, 4.5 yds/carry average

Have him, Charles plus Gray/Draughn - and the backfield is set.

However - 3-4 M$/yr for a backup RB is a stiff bill ... and I truly believe some (as in "several") teams may pursue him as a starter ...

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

How about that guy.
Was due about 4M$/yr with the Giants. 200 carries/yr, 4.5 yds/carry average

Have him, Charles plus Gray/Draughn - and the backfield is set.

However - 3-4 M$/yr for a backup RB is a stiff bill ... and I truly believe some (as in "several") teams may pursue him as a starter ...

I would not be surprised at all to see him in St Louis as their starting back this year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Quintin Mikell - The St. Louis Rams are just $1.8 million under the 2013 salary cap, but they are very likely to eke out some room with roster cuts, according to Ryan Van Bibber at Turf Show Times. Mikell may be at the top of the cut list, with $9 million owed to him next season. He was a productive strong safety last season with 101 total tackles and four forced fumbles, but will likely need to take a pay cut if he hopes to stay with the Rams through 2013."

Not to mention Mikell was with Andy Reid for quite some time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills released two older players at least worth a look:

Quote:
Bills released SS George Wilson.
The move clears $2.9 million in base salary off the books, bringing Buffalo's total Monday savings to $6.4 million when combined with WLB Nick Barnett's release. Pro Football Focus graded Wilson as the No. 8 safety in the entire league in 2012, but the new Bills coaching staff obviously didn't regard him as highly. Wilson turns 32 this offseason. He can still cover and fills hard in run support, so he should have a good chance to land on his feet.

Not sure he's a fit with Berry starting at SS - but if he comes in at a reasonable price .. say 1.5 M$ ...

Quote:
Bills released WLB Nick Barnett.
The move clears Barnett's $3.5 million base salary off the books and frees up just over $3 million in cap room. Barnett turns 32 in May, but graded out as a top-ten 4-3 outside linebacker in Pro Football Focus' 2012 ratings and should have some gas left in the tank. He's also "scheme versatile," having played in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. We suspect Barnett will find a starting job in 2013.

Scheme question: Could he fill the Belcher spot? At a minimum he'd be more than solid depth for the LB corps.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Bills released two older players at least worth a look:

Quote:
Bills released SS George Wilson.
The move clears $2.9 million in base salary off the books, bringing Buffalo's total Monday savings to $6.4 million when combined with WLB Nick Barnett's release. Pro Football Focus graded Wilson as the No. 8 safety in the entire league in 2012, but the new Bills coaching staff obviously didn't regard him as highly. Wilson turns 32 this offseason. He can still cover and fills hard in run support, so he should have a good chance to land on his feet.

Not sure he's a fit with Berry starting at SS - but if he comes in at a reasonable price .. say 1.5 M$ ...

Quote:
Bills released WLB Nick Barnett.
The move clears Barnett's $3.5 million base salary off the books and frees up just over $3 million in cap room. Barnett turns 32 in May, but graded out as a top-ten 4-3 outside linebacker in Pro Football Focus' 2012 ratings and should have some gas left in the tank. He's also "scheme versatile," having played in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. We suspect Barnett will find a starting job in 2013.

Scheme question: Could he fill the Belcher spot? At a minimum he'd be more than solid depth for the LB corps.

I think Barnett could be a solid veteran presence in the middle of our defense next to Derrick Johnson. I would still like to see a prospect drafted at some point in rounds 2, 3, or 4 that could be developed as a long term fit - and maybe even competition for Barnett this year.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:

Giants cut DE/DT Chris Canty

Eagles cut OT Demetress Bell

Caplan says Eagles may be forced to release Cullen Jenkins as well as Mike Vick

Chris Canty has reportedly visited with the Titans and has a visit lined up with the Chiefs (no specifics reported). Personally, I would be very happy with Canty as a replacement for Dorsey. If we could make a solid free agent run at someone like Randy Starks (my preference) or Terrance Knighton to replace Tyson Jackson, I would be ecstatic.

Quote:
The Giants let defensive tackle Chris Canty go last week and he isnít wasting any time trying to find a new team.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports that Canty has visited with the Titans and lined up a visit with the Chiefs since getting released in a cost-saving move by the Giants. Garafolo also reports that Canty is expected to make more visits in the coming weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/11/chris-canty-draws-interest-from-titans-and-chiefs/

Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canty would be a large upgrade over Dorsey and Jackson. Sign him and draft another DE. We still have Bailey coming back to play inside on pass rushing downs and Tyson didn't do anything there anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Canty would be a large upgrade over Dorsey and Jackson. Sign him and draft another DE. We still have Bailey coming back to play inside on pass rushing downs and Tyson didn't do anything there anyway.

I guess we are watching 2 different Tyson's then...

Look, is T-Jax overpaid? Obviously. But to say he is a bad player or replaceable is actually laughable. T-Jax had a great year this past year when A LOT of guys checked out mentally early on. If Mike Vick will restructure a contract, then I am sure Tyson will be willing to as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

Look, is T-Jax overpaid? Obviously. But to say he is a bad player or replaceable is actually laughable. T-Jax had a great year this past year when A LOT of guys checked out mentally early on. If Mike Vick will restructure a contract, then I am sure Tyson will be willing to as well.

He might be willing but Dorsey and Reid may not. We will see. If he restructures then they must think he is doing a good job and he still has upside as a starter. If he is released then not so much. Time will tell, but Canty would be a great fit for us at a position of need and uncertainty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

He might be willing but Dorsey and Reid may not. We will see. If he restructures then they must think he is doing a good job and he still has upside as a starter. If he is released then not so much. Time will tell, but Canty would be a great fit for us at a position of need and uncertainty.

Yeah and I am not sure I see alot of incentive on Jackson's side to do a deal like Vick. Vick left alot of money on the table but probably figured he might not get much more money than what he agreed to with the Eagles if he hit the free agent market. I would think Jackson would prefer hitting the market as a free agent than "re-sign" for a 1 year deal at significantly less than he is slated to make in his renegotiated rookie deal. I imagine the intent of the renegotiation was to either lead to an extension or being released. The extension would likely push alot of money into future years.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would love Finley here. Fills a big hole with a guy who has top5 potential but hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

That is hard to do when you're all hype. I like Jermichael's potential, but I've seen him drop way way way way way way to many passes. Plus the guy is a malcontent in the locker room, and basically has a bad attitude. And if you can't be happy with AR12 firing you the ball...you have something wrong with you.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

I disagree about Tyson having a great year outside of a couple gimme sacks and a couple plays he did look good in.. overall imo he didn't bring much at all to the table. I will be surprised to see him in Red n Gold next seasom. My. 02.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: