Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Minnesota Vikings Road to the Super Bowl
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35768
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: 2013 Minnesota Vikings Road to the Super Bowl Reply with quote

Quote:
Via @BovadaLV, #Broncos are early faves to win Super Bowl XLVIII (7-1). #Vikings are 35-1, tied with #Bengals, #Lions, #Eagles, #Chargers.


www.twitter.com/TomPelissero

How do you feel about having the same chances to get to the Super Bowl as the Bengals, Lions, Eagles, and Chargers? I'm a bit disappointed, I think that the Bengals and Vikings are getting a little to little respect since they did make the playoffs, and the Eagles don't know who their starting QB will be, Lions are tight against the cap, and Chargers are well, the Chargers which hasn't been a good thing the past few years.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Minnesota Vikings Road to the Super Bowl Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
Via @BovadaLV, #Broncos are early faves to win Super Bowl XLVIII (7-1). #Vikings are 35-1, tied with #Bengals, #Lions, #Eagles, #Chargers.


www.twitter.com/TomPelissero

How do you feel about having the same chances to get to the Super Bowl as the Bengals, Lions, Eagles, and Chargers? I'm a bit disappointed, I think that the Bengals and Vikings are getting a little to little respect since they did make the playoffs, and the Eagles don't know who their starting QB will be, Lions are tight against the cap, and Chargers are well, the Chargers which hasn't been a good thing the past few years.


I do not see how the Broncos can be the early favorites to win the Superbowl since Peyton is known for choking in the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27032
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the Vikings, Bengals, Eagles, Lions and Chargers at the same odds, I can see the Vikings but the Bengals?
_________________
XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
How are the Vikings, Bengals, Eagles, Lions and Chargers at the same odds, I can see the Vikings but the Bengals?


Marvin Lewis, that is all that had to be said
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sector7G


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 278
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Most had us predicted to have one of the worst records in the nfl last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22274
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see absolutely no issue with the Vikings having the same odds as those teams.

And Sector, while I like your avatar, you need to reduce the size of it. Forum rules indicate that they can only be 80x80.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sector7G


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 278
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I see absolutely no issue with the Vikings having the same odds as those teams.

And Sector, while I like your avatar, you need to reduce the size of it. Forum rules indicate that they can only be 80x80.


Sorry about that. I'll work on getting a new one that fits the 80x80.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chuck44


Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 1358
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Minnesota Vikings Road to the Super Bowl Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
Via @BovadaLV, #Broncos are early faves to win Super Bowl XLVIII (7-1). #Vikings are 35-1, tied with #Bengals, #Lions, #Eagles, #Chargers.


www.twitter.com/TomPelissero

How do you feel about having the same chances to get to the Super Bowl as the Bengals, Lions, Eagles, and Chargers? I'm a bit disappointed, I think that the Bengals and Vikings are getting a little to little respect since they did make the playoffs, and the Eagles don't know who their starting QB will be, Lions are tight against the cap, and Chargers are well, the Chargers which hasn't been a good thing the past few years.


I saw a couple of 2014 mock drafts that had us picking #6 overall after next year..which puts us in the 4-5 win season....ridiculous!!1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Minnesota Vikings Road to the Super Bowl Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
Via @BovadaLV, #Broncos are early faves to win Super Bowl XLVIII (7-1). #Vikings are 35-1, tied with #Bengals, #Lions, #Eagles, #Chargers.


www.twitter.com/TomPelissero

How do you feel about having the same chances to get to the Super Bowl as the Bengals, Lions, Eagles, and Chargers? I'm a bit disappointed, I think that the Bengals and Vikings are getting a little to little respect since they did make the playoffs, and the Eagles don't know who their starting QB will be, Lions are tight against the cap, and Chargers are well, the Chargers which hasn't been a good thing the past few years.


I saw a couple of 2014 mock drafts that had us picking #6 overall after next year..which puts us in the 4-5 win season....ridiculous!!1


It can happen if there is a bunch of injuries and Ponder starts sucking again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:


Most had us predicted to have one of the worst records in the nfl last year.


I expected the Vikings to 3 more wins than last year but this year was a very pleasant surprise going 10-6 and making the playoffs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sector7G


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 278
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:
Sector7G wrote:


Most had us predicted to have one of the worst records in the nfl last year.


I expected the Vikings to 3 more wins than last year but this year was a very pleasant surprise going 10-6 and making the playoffs!



I was guessing about 8-8. We have a tough schedule next year, but I still think that we can at least match, if not imrpove our record next year. If we can get a few free agents and have a nice draft, I don't see why not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:
PurplePeterson wrote:
Sector7G wrote:


Most had us predicted to have one of the worst records in the nfl last year.


I expected the Vikings to 3 more wins than last year but this year was a very pleasant surprise going 10-6 and making the playoffs!



I was guessing about 8-8. We have a tough schedule next year, but I still think that we can at least match, if not imrpove our record next year. If we can get a few free agents and have a nice draft, I don't see why not.


And the most important thing is to stay healthy all year too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72800
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Rodney Dangerfield sighting!

this Sector7G guy is a-ok!

Applause
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 689
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinks it's a bit of a slap in the face to the Vikings and Bengals, two playoff teams, to be given the same odds as two teams picking in the top 5. But I have always liked being the underdog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13851
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to know not everyone is counting us out this year.

Our road will come from 3 major things:

1) The progression of Christian Ponder
2) An overall balanced team. We still have holes offensively/defensively
3) Improved coaching. Frazier has a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully he takes it to another level this year.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group