Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flacco vs. Ryan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

Not sure Ryan has the better overall talent. This could be Flacco stage now where Ray Rice and ground game is not the focal point of offense.. You can see now Flacco take the reigns .

Flacco has much higher talent. BIGGER ARM and better mobility

Ryan has higher football IQ and accuracy ..but as talent goes Flacco ceiling is higher

Last edited by Swift924 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
The Ravens defense that showed up in the playoffs were not the Ravens defense of the regular season.

That was also not the same Flacco. That is why Flacco should get the nod cause he shown he can elevate his game in post season. So Far Ryan has been a regular season QB with not so great playoff performances. Ravens defense was also shredded by 49ers to the tune of 500 yards. Flacco was a main reason why Ravens won a RING he was not carried to one like Trent Dilfer on 00 Ravens

To say Flacco was the main reason they won that game is def not accurate. I challenge you to watch that game again. Jacoby Jones should of been the MVP. His first TD catch was under thrown by Flacco and Jones got up and made it a TD run. Bolden saved Flacco on a ball that shoulda been thrown out of bounds or picked off by the CB. Flacco had about 2-3 balls tipped up that should have been INT's. Not to mention Jacoby Jones sealed the game with his kickoff return TD. Also Ed Reed's pick was very integral to a momentum change in the game.

Flacco played well no doubt. He didn't turn the ball over and he managed the game very well. But he def was not the main reason they won. That was an overall team effort if I have ever seen one. Falcons havent shown they can run on all cylinders with both the Offense and Defense in the same game. But back on the true topic... Joe has been Playoff clutch. Matt has not. Until Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

I said Flacco was A main reason why not THE ..It takes a team to win a Super Bowl but Flacco was A main reason why they did. The TD throw to Jones in the Denver game in cold temps with limited time set them on their path.

That was a toss and a prayer with a major dose of terrible safety play and you know it. That play would not be completed ever again by Flacco because that play shouldnt be completed by anybody! There is no excuse to be in prevent Defense and let the ball go over your head????

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Swift924"][quote="tech2186"]
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

Not sure Ryan has the better overall talent. This could be Flacco stage now where Ray Rice and ground game is not the focal point of offense.. You can see now Flacco take the reigns .

Ryan has higher football IQ and accuracy ..but as talent goes Flacco ceiling is higher

But Ryan has had to play with a less talented Oline and a team that had transitioned into a pass only team. Flacco still benefits of play action and has a above average running game. Not to mention his Oline is better than Ryan's. Yet Ryan has still been able to put up more W's than Flacco overall.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
The Ravens defense that showed up in the playoffs were not the Ravens defense of the regular season.

That was also not the same Flacco. That is why Flacco should get the nod cause he shown he can elevate his game in post season. So Far Ryan has been a regular season QB with not so great playoff performances. Ravens defense was also shredded by 49ers to the tune of 500 yards. Flacco was a main reason why Ravens won a RING he was not carried to one like Trent Dilfer on 00 Ravens

To say Flacco was the main reason they won that game is def not accurate. I challenge you to watch that game again. Jacoby Jones should of been the MVP. His first TD catch was under thrown by Flacco and Jones got up and made it a TD run. Bolden saved Flacco on a ball that shoulda been thrown out of bounds or picked off by the CB. Flacco had about 2-3 balls tipped up that should have been INT's. Not to mention Jacoby Jones sealed the game with his kickoff return TD. Also Ed Reed's pick was very integral to a momentum change in the game.

Flacco played well no doubt. He didn't turn the ball over and he managed the game very well. But he def was not the main reason they won. That was an overall team effort if I have ever seen one. Falcons havent shown they can run on all cylinders with both the Offense and Defense in the same game. But back on the true topic... Joe has been Playoff clutch. Matt has not. Until Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

I said Flacco was A main reason why not THE ..It takes a team to win a Super Bowl but Flacco was A main reason why they did. The TD throw to Jones in the Denver game in cold temps with limited time set them on their path.

That was a toss and a prayer with a major dose of terrible safety play and you know it. That play would not be completed ever again by Flacco because that play shouldnt be completed by anybody! There is no excuse to be in prevent Defense and let the ball go over your head????

Breaks happen in the game of football. Should I discredit Ryan GWD vs Panthers cause of poor S play where Ryan threw a 50 yard pass to Roddy that was misplayed by two Panthers players. Also a big time catch but Roddy..Should I down play that game winning drive by Ryan

Its part of the game . It does happen. Flacco came up huge and made a great throw in that spot . They are not champions if he doesnt make that throw
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tech2186"][quote="Swift924"]
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

But Ryan has had to play with a less talented Oline and a team that had transitioned into a pass only team. Flacco still benefits of play action and has a above average running game. Not to mention his Oline is better than Ryan's. Yet Ryan has still been able to put up more W's than Flacco overall.

Flacco is also playing with far less talent at skill positions outside RB position ..Not taking away from Ravens players but Ryan has 2 top tier wrs and a HOF TE

Julio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Torrey Smith....check

Roddy >>>>>>>>>>>>>Boldin .................check

Tony G >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pita....check
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSO PFF RATED FALCONS OFFENSIVE LINE BETTER THAN RAVENS

15. Atlanta Falcons (17)

PB – 17th, RB – 17th, PEN – 1st

Stud: We’ve always liked Tyson Clabo (+21.3) as one of these tackles you don’t often notice. Unfortunately, while that means he’s doing his job (Charles Johnson games aside) in pass protection, it also speaks volumes for his inability to consistently impose himself in the run game.

Dud: There may be a day when Peter Konz (-12.7) is one of the better interior linemen in the league. However, in 2012 he was just a rookie who found out that the step up from college is steep.

Summary: Just good enough. That’s the Falcons’ offensive line, which allows its premium players in the passing game to operate. The downside is that without a truly dynamic back they were often exposed in the run game against more physical lines.

17. Baltimore Ravens (Cool

PB – 23rd, RB – 10th, PEN – 24th

Stud: He’s the best right guard in football and his name is Marshall Yanda (+24.2). You can put him up against any player in the league and he’ll produce. One perennial Pro Bowler who earns his selection.

Dud: In his career with the Bengals Bobbie Williams (-9.6) never got his due for the genuinely elite play he put on tape. The likelihood is this was his last year in football, with him looking some way off the standard we came to expect from one of the more underrated players of recent years.

Summary: As they get ready for the Super Bowl the Ravens seem to have found their best combination, but during the regular season they flattered to deceive. The big problems came on the left side where no guard they put into the lineup did the job, and Michael Oher continued to look a little out of his depth on the blindside. Oh the irony.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That PFF is rating the regular season o-line without Osemele at guard and McKinnie at tackle.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
That PFF is rating the regular season o-line without Osemele at guard and McKinnie at tackle.

Don't try and confuse him with logic or reason. he doesn't understand it.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:

You watched the playoffs right? Falcons offensive line was real solid vs Sea and SF . Could have opened up little more rushing lanes in SF game but for pass protection it was on point
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

If you going to make comments why dont you start talking football buddy. Chances are I will wipe the floor with you like I usually do. You know this I know this. Dont attack the poster. ATTACK THE ARGUMENT . if you cant keep your comments out Very Happy
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

You watched the playoffs right? Falcons offensive line was real solid vs Sea and SF . Could have opened up little more rushing lanes in SF game but for pass protection it was on point

And it was on point pass protection wise all season. The run blocking looked to be rejuvenated, but that faded quickly.

The Ravens on the other hand, plugged in a different personnel combo of linemen and improved drastically pass blocking wise and continued to dominate in the run blocking department.

I'm just going to end my comments now because I don't even know we are discussing anymore.

You prefer Flacco. I prefer Ryan.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

And it was on point pass protection wise all season. The run blocking looked to be rejuvenated, but that faded quickly.

The Ravens on the other hand, plugged in a different personnel combo of linemen and improved drastically pass blocking wise and continued to dominate in the run blocking department.

I'm just going to end my comments now because I don't even know we are discussing anymore.

You prefer Flacco. I prefer Ryan.

but to say the Ravens have a better offensive line is a bold statement that can be dissected many ways. I did watch the 49ers get to Flacco and sack him couple of times and the Ravens run game didnt look that impressive. It was mostly Flacco beating that 49er defense . with his arm
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

If you going to make comments why dont you start talking football buddy. Chances are I will wipe the floor with you like I usually do. You know this I know this. Dont attack the poster. ATTACK THE ARGUMENT . if you cant keep your comments out Very Happy

that's the thing. You don't wipe the floor with anyone. You sit on your soapbox and scream and scream and bait people into arguing with you. That's it. You aren't even a Falcons fan.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

that's the thing. You don't wipe the floor with anyone. You sit on your soapbox and scream and scream and bait people into arguing with you. That's it. You aren't even a Falcons fan.

Been Falcons fan for 25+ years. Longer than you have Cool

never missing a game either
Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift, you're not a Falcons fan so just disappear.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: